News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Hydrogen vehicles

Started by Tony, April 30, 2021, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: cardew on March 20, 2024, 07:32:14 AMhttps://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/walsall/2024/03/18/walsalls-bus-depot-sold-to-pave-way-for-future-franchise-bus-system-and-hydrogen-powered-buses/

I haven't seen this mentioned on here so for those who want to avoid pop-ups, videos and answering a survey for the privilege of reading the article, here is a summary

Hydrogen buses will be introduced with a hydrogen generation system sourcing water from the nearby canal. 

Well, they didnt mention electric, so stands a good chance, Walsall will go all hydrogen then!

(Which is logical, considering what the 51 is SUPPOSED to be operated by!)

Gareth

Quote from: cardew on March 20, 2024, 07:32:14 AMhttps://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/walsall/2024/03/18/walsalls-bus-depot-sold-to-pave-way-for-future-franchise-bus-system-and-hydrogen-powered-buses/

I haven't seen this mentioned on here so for those who want to avoid pop-ups, videos and answering a survey for the privilege of reading the article, here is a summary

Hydrogen buses will be introduced with a hydrogen generation system sourcing water from the nearby canal. 

I'm glad I don't live in Walsall. They'll have no bus service at all. 🙊

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Gareth on March 20, 2024, 05:00:59 PMI'm glad I don't live in Walsall. They'll have no bus service at all. 🙊
The main core services no but the locals like the 34, 37, 39, 4's will as they can't use Double Deckers so I would imagine Singles probably the E200's and B7's when the Omnilinks get withdrawn will be running absolutely fine. And surely they will have Electrics to back them up. This obsession everyone has with making things Zero Emissions is annoying. The Electric Buses are fine don't loose NX any money they have there own Charging network so on. But EV's are losing value, Charging infrastructure isn't that good and how do you scrap them. As for Hydrogen my preferred choice you have issues with the Pumping Station, maybe the canal will releave that issue. But how can you Gaurantee a bus service will be reliable, hopefully by the time Walsall has more Hydrogen buses they will have fixed the issues so that it doesn't look like a waste of money.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Tony

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on March 21, 2024, 11:07:24 AMThe main core services no but the locals like the 34, 37, 39, 4's will as they can't use Double Deckers so I would imagine Singles probably the E200's and B7's when the Omnilinks get withdrawn will be running absolutely fine. And surely they will have Electrics to back them up. This obsession everyone has with making things Zero Emissions is annoying. The Electric Buses are fine don't loose NX any money they have there own Charging network so on. But EV's are losing value, Charging infrastructure isn't that good and how do you scrap them. As for Hydrogen my preferred choice you have issues with the Pumping Station, maybe the canal will releave that issue. But how can you Gaurantee a bus service will be reliable, hopefully by the time Walsall has more Hydrogen buses they will have fixed the issues so that it doesn't look like a waste of money.
Who says Hydrogen buses have to be double deck?

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Tony on March 21, 2024, 12:27:58 PMWho says Hydrogen buses have to be double deck?
I didn't know if there was any Hydrogen Single Decks I thought there were electric.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

don

Oh dear - familiar problem here at Metrobus for the Fastway services - lack of fuelling facilities results in only a few buses in operation. It appears the Health and Safety Executive has objected to planning permission for the refuelling plant owing to proximity to residential premises and a school. The handful of buses in operation are being fuelled from supplies brought in by road tankers (is this not a possibility for NXWM whilst Tyseley is out of operation)? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c80ze58yxnlo
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

joieman

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on March 21, 2024, 02:39:10 PMI didn't know if there was any Hydrogen Single Decks I thought there were electric.
Of the four hydrogen bus models currently available in the UK, two are single decker: the Caetano H2 City Gold, based on the Toyota Sora chassis, and the Wright GB Kite Hydroliner.

markcf83

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on March 21, 2024, 11:07:24 AMThis obsession everyone has with making things Zero Emissions is annoying. 
Don't get me started on this fake news. There is no climate crisis in the UK. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Ronnoc

Quote from: markcf83 on April 12, 2024, 02:35:00 PMDon't get me started on this fake news. There is no climate crisis in the UK.
Believe what you want to believe, but it's not just the climate crisis as to why companies are pushing for zero emission. People would much rather not be inhaling the fumes of combustion engines, so it's good if these emissions can be cut as much as possible.

spacecowboy150

Target the cars not the buses, theyre the ones doing the most damage to the environment and releasing the most fumes

Tony

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on April 12, 2024, 05:52:32 PMTarget the cars not the buses, theyre the ones doing the most damage to the environment and releasing the most fumes
Can't you see the link though? unless you have the alternative in place you stand no chance of targeting the cars

Ronnoc

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on April 12, 2024, 05:52:32 PMTarget the cars not the buses, theyre the ones doing the most damage to the environment and releasing the most fumes
There's nothing wrong with electrifying buses, the amount of emissions produced by an 8.3L ALX400 engine being used over 20 years must be very high. However, the best way to target cars is human-centric urban planning and excellent public transport infrastructure. Although this concept will be demonised by the same conspiracy theorists that fabricate lies about electric buses exploding every other day.

jasmine

have you heard of a particular place called London? there's more buses than cars in that place.

Tony

Quote from: jasmine on April 12, 2024, 09:11:28 PMhave you heard of a particular place called London? there's more buses than cars in that place.
Hardly 

jasmine

i mean when i was in shoreditch yesterday it was insane. bus after bus after bus after bus and i saw like 5 ev400evs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk