News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Hydrogen vehicles

Started by Tony, April 30, 2021, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasmine

Quote from: Steve3229vp on February 29, 2024, 04:12:33 PMExactly, that's my point, there is no news, we all want to see the Hydrogens and Electrics in service but we're all going to have to wait !

Jack

Quote from: jasmine on February 29, 2024, 05:51:13 PMwhat exactly do you want nx to do or try that they probably havent already done? its not like nx are doing this on purpose im sure they want they hydros on the road as much as you do but its just impossible rn, gouging info out of tony and anybody else working for nx isnt helpful
He didn't say anything about NX or was 'gouging' information out of anyone either. Read back what was said. 

Mayfield

Some people on this forum need to go back to school to learn some manners.

Stu

Quote from: TeethHunter on February 29, 2024, 09:33:13 AMA bit unnecessary? People are allowed to ask questions and for updates, that is the whole point of forums, and this topic! The poster wasn't passing any ill comment on the situation or "having a go", merely enquiring on something many of us readers are interested to know, especially when our council tax has gone towards these vehicles.

That is untrue. The buses were bought with funding from the government that was awarded to Birmingham City Council.

Council taxpayers have not paid for this.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

It's quite fascinating how me simply asking for an update has caused such a fuss! I did not show any signs of impatience, I was only curious as the 25th had passed. 
5/51/X51/529

TeethHunter

Quote from: Stu on February 29, 2024, 09:26:15 PMThat is untrue. The buses were bought with funding from the government that was awarded to Birmingham City Council.
Council taxpayers have not paid for this.
I'm afraid that your comment is untrue Stu.

I would point you in the direction of the press release issued on behalf of Waseem Zaffar in 2021 when these vehicles were first used, where a breakdown of the funding was given.
The buses were paid for by a combination of....  OLEV funding, the GBSLEP,  FCH JU (a European Union project) funding and the rest made up by Birmingham City Council themselves.
Last time I checked it was indeed taxpayers who gave BCC their spending money, where they choose to waste it is out of ours hands sadly.

You will also find reference in recent newspaper articles on the council going bankrupt that they have to date spent £50million on both the Hydrogen Bus project and Cycle lanes combined although the exact amount spent on each isn't disclosed.
Why would buses funded wholly by the UK government carry EU flags?
The only money that came from the UK government was the OLEV funding. If the government paid in full for buses, especially such high cost zero emission buses, every operator and authority would be at their door with a begging bowl and the country would be bankrupt within a year!

So please do forgive people for showing an interest in these buses, especially those of us who are now looking at fortnightly bin collections!

Steve3229vp

Quote from: TeethHunter on February 29, 2024, 11:05:50 PMI'm afraid that your comment is untrue Stu.

I would point you in the direction of the press release issued on behalf of Waseem Zaffar in 2021 when these vehicles were first used, where a breakdown of the funding was given.
The buses were paid for by a combination of....  OLEV funding, the GBSLEP,  FCH JU (a European Union project) funding and the rest made up by Birmingham City Council themselves.
Last time I checked it was indeed taxpayers who gave BCC their spending money, where they choose to waste it is out of ours hands sadly.

You will also find reference in recent newspaper articles on the council going bankrupt that they have to date spent £50million on both the Hydrogen Bus project and Cycle lanes combined although the exact amount spent on each isn't disclosed.
Why would buses funded wholly by the UK government carry EU flags?
The only money that came from the UK government was the OLEV funding. If the government paid in full for buses, especially such high cost zero emission buses, every operator and authority would be at their door with a begging bowl and the country would be bankrupt within a year!

So please do forgive people for showing an interest in these buses, especially those of us who are now looking at fortnightly bin collections!

if you look at Stu's comment, he wrote:

The buses were bought with funding from the government that was awarded to Birmingham City Council.

This has nothing to do with Council Tax Payers

TeethHunter

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 01, 2024, 04:58:06 AMif you look at Stu's comment, he wrote:

The buses were bought with funding from the government that was awarded to Birmingham City Council.

This has nothing to do with Council Tax Payers
Yes and the statement is untrue. Or did BCC win the lottery back in 2017 (when the bids went in) and not tell anyone? Grants do not pay 100% for new buses and the council has confirmed they part paid, what more do you need? If you don't believe me, search online, the information is all there in the public domain.

The original plans included the Tyseley hub being used to fuel hydrogen bin lorries and taxis too, do you think the council would get those for free as well?

Tony

Quote from: TeethHunter on March 01, 2024, 08:16:28 AMYes and the statement is untrue. Or did BCC win the lottery back in 2017 (when the bids went in) and not tell anyone? Grants do not pay 100% for new buses and the council has confirmed they part paid, what more do you need?

The original plans included the Tyseley hub being used to fuel hydrogen bin lorries and taxis too, do you think the council would get those for free as well?

The fuelling station is a private company ITM Power, and Taxis & Bin Lorries would be privately owned

BBS

QuoteI agree, it's just as annoying as the constant moaning about single decks on the 4 or the spam of route branded buses off route!

Honestly would be nice if some people here had patience, i'm sure once they've rectified this issue (like all the others) they'll come back again.
If you don't like it you don't have to be here, singe decks on the 4 is a moaning excuse and you sound quite troubled over that
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

cris 99

He's talking about the Walsall 4 not the Birmingham one 
17//72/73/97/X12

BBS

QuoteHe's talking about the Walsall 4 not the Birmingham one
Fair enough, apologies 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

don

Now that the Sprint buses are planned to be electric and based at Perry Barr, I'll be interested to see how the hydrogen buses are used - if staying at Walsall they'd need to be operated in Birmingham so presumably 934-7 and 997 - unless they go to another garage in 2025.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Dababa015

Wouldn't it make sense to have them at a closer garage like AG or BC because of tyseley?

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Dababa015 on March 01, 2024, 07:36:36 PMWouldn't it make sense to have them at a closer garage like AG or BC because of tyseley?
If it was a straight forward as that it would of already been done by now

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk