News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

Quote from: 888DUK on January 11, 2023, 09:13:51 PMLooks more like a scrap line🤣
All joking aside, that's exactly what it looks like. A quick peer over the fence and you can see at least 6 buses with bonnets permanently raised. 178/179 (original Cannock Chase Radio advert buses) assumed dead as they'd hastily wrapped two Streetlites to replace.

In every bus fleet, you get the odd one or two buses that will cause you a constant headache (or they're haunted!) meaning they spend more time off the road than on it - I'm surprised that Chaserider has such a high frequency of breakdowns from the posts on this thread and the physical number of buses that haven't moved at Cannock and appear deceased. Furthermore, many smaller independents operate a similar fleet and appear to have less problems with the same vehicle types.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Bob

Quote from: Wumpty on January 16, 2023, 11:45:46 AMAll joking aside, that's exactly what it looks like. A quick peer over the fence and you can see at least 6 buses with bonnets permanently raised. 178/179 (original Cannock Chase Radio advert buses) assumed dead as they'd hastily wrapped two Streetlites to replace.

In every bus fleet, you get the odd one or two buses that will cause you a constant headache (or they're haunted!) meaning they spend more time off the road than on it - I'm surprised that Chaserider has such a high frequency of breakdowns from the posts on this thread and the physical number of buses that haven't moved at Cannock and appear deceased. Furthermore, many smaller independents operate a similar fleet and appear to have less problems with the same vehicle types.
Quote from: Wumpty on January 16, 2023, 11:45:46 AMAll joking aside, that's exactly what it looks like. A quick peer over the fence and you can see at least 6 buses with bonnets permanently raised. 178/179 (original Cannock Chase Radio advert buses) assumed dead as they'd hastily wrapped two Streetlites to replace.

Multiple failures again today, SR solo broke down on the 63, the replacement bus broke down, leading to gaps, thdn they found another tatty SR to replace it, volvo broke down on the 60, metrocity on the 74/826/828 group. They mustve been desperate today considering they had Solos and a 31 seat dual door E200 heap on that group of services. Capacity wouldve been great if you add missing buses due to breakdowns lol 

ntw456

539 was on the pye greens today

Bob

They couldnt even manage to run a rail replacement from Hednesford a couple of months backv without a tow truck being needed for the bus they used on there 🤣

Bob

More failures this morning. 748 the kmackered Scania that cant even last a morning in service has broken down again, after managing 1 morning last week. They used 268 on a peak time 60 this morning, which duly failed  its one of the worst solos they have and makes zero sense running it on an interurban route. Worst of all the metrocity on the 70 has broken doen. Its now running a two hr frequency with only a 26 seat solo SR on it. No wonder Chaseiders google reviews are largely scathing about buses regularly not running  the state of them and general unreliability....

B61 ANDREW

As Chaserider are associated with other large operators , I can not work out why more reliable buses cannot be obtained short term , or am I missing something here ??   I know that bus operators try to keep overheads down by maximising the use of vehicles but to keep having buses not turning up day in day out can only be detrimental in the long run.  

Rachvince53

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on January 17, 2023, 01:41:58 PMAs Chaserider are associated with other large operators , I can not work out why more reliable buses cannot be obtained short term , or am I missing something here ??  I know that bus operators try to keep overheads down by maximising the use of vehicles but to keep having buses not turning up day in day out can only be detrimental in the long run. 
Are other parts of Centrebus Group experiencing similar problems or is it just Chaserider?

winston

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on January 17, 2023, 01:41:58 PMAs Chaserider are associated with other large operators , I can not work out why more reliable buses cannot be obtained short term , or am I missing something here ??  I know that bus operators try to keep overheads down by maximising the use of vehicles but to keep having buses not turning up day in day out can only be detrimental in the long run. 
Chaserider have had a number of vehicles from Centrebus Group:
https://bustimes.org/operators/chaserider/vehicles

Bob

Yea incl 2 Solos That were scrapped, 2 sb120 centros that have been scrapped, 1 didnt even make a week in service, 3 sb180s 60 plate which are unreliable sheds, 1 of which had to be scrapped, 2 wright Scanias, one been VOR ages, the other cant manage a morning in service, another 04 plate Scania that kept breaking down and got scrapped....

Bob

Currently waiting for the 3.30 no 70 in Longford, now 10 min late and according to bustimes has been sat at delta way for 14 mins!!! Another breakdown?? Theyre an absolute joke of s bus compsny! 187 appears to also have broken down on 62, so thatll have a nice 2hr service.....beyond the psle 

Bob

Well...looks like a 2hr gap on the 70 too....in this weather.....

Bob

Called the 01543 chaserider number, waited 10 mins after getting through to centrebus "unfortunately the bus started smoking, we had to take it out of service and dont have any available vehicles" WTF? Passdngers have obviously been dumped at Delta way...

ellspurs

I know of a place in Pensnett that probably has more reliable vehicles than it seems Chaserider can get their hands on...

Bob

Quote from: ellspurs on January 17, 2023, 04:41:04 PMI know of a place in Pensnett that probably has more reliable vehicles than it seems Chaserider can get their hands on...
PVS Barnsleys probably vot more roadworthy vehicles than Delta Way. Whats pretty disturbing is that they hadnt got one avaolable vehicle...no wonder thry cant cover their registered mileage daily

ContainsNuts

I think Bob has missed a dose of his medication. Surely there is no other reason for the continuous ranting. I wish I had enough time to stalk a bus company on the internet and do a live feed of all of the issues I find. Although if I did have that much time I'd make better use of it.

In all honesty this thread on the forum may as well be closed down as it seems to have become a one-man vendetta which is getting rather tiresome.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk