News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

888DUK

Quote from: winston on December 23, 2022, 08:26:56 PMThat still won't please Bob - they'll probably be for new Telford tenders...🤣🤣
They'll probably put the Solos on the Telfords and the new buses on the Pye Greens lol.

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: 888DUK on December 24, 2022, 04:47:47 PMThey'll probably put the Solos on the Telfords and the new buses on the Pye Greens lol.
Don't be stupid 😂. Only thing replacing solos on the Pye greens is transit vans 😂

Rachvince53

You mean the "bread vans" from the 80s?  Diamond have kind of brought them back with the Mellor minibuses although they are at least easy access.

Tony

There's a double deck parked in Delta Way depot. It looks like Centrebus 930 (PJZ 9450)

Bob

Quote from: Tony on January 02, 2023, 05:08:21 PMThere's a double deck parked in Delta Way depot. It looks like Centrebus 930 (PJZ 9450)
Been there quite a while

Bob

Three of the 5 buses allocated to the Pye Greens have broke down today... 15 min service running every 40-4/ mins plus as per usual. The Solo SRs arent even reliable enough to run locally it seems.60 also is a bus down. 

IMarkeh

Why is no one reporting chaserider to the traffic commissioner and DVSA. Clearly the buses aren't serviceable and clearly the reliability is appalling. Get them put through public enquiry and get their licence stripped from them.

Rachvince53

Quote from: IMarkeh on January 06, 2023, 05:26:15 PMWhy is no one reporting chaserider to the traffic commissioner and DVSA. Clearly the buses aren't serviceable and clearly the reliability is appalling. Get them put through public enquiry and get their licence stripped from them.
Oh I think they will be done sooner rather than later.  However it needs observations from VOSA before an enquiry can be launched I believe and they may be able to continue to operate in the meantime.  There's also the need for another operator(s) to take over services should the licence be revoked. I think its more likely that the number of services they can run will be reduced, at least initially. Further action  would follow if necessary. 

Stu

Quote from: IMarkeh on January 06, 2023, 05:26:15 PMWhy is no one reporting chaserider to the traffic commissioner and DVSA. Clearly the buses aren't serviceable and clearly the reliability is appalling. Get them put through public enquiry and get their licence stripped from them.
Have you reported them?

I suppose you'd prefer to see their licence revoked, and then you'd have no buses or bus services to complain about.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

You'd need another operator with the relevant resources available as well!

I suppose Nx might struggle now, with their own shortages?

(Tony is going to say different isn't he?)

Vulcan

I my time in the business we would be certainly have  been being monitored by DVLA staff on reliability & missing services, followed up by a maintenance visit & roadside checks.
Passenger complaints were always followed up by their staff 

winston

Quote from: Stu on January 06, 2023, 06:10:40 PMHave you reported them?

I suppose you'd prefer to see their licence revoked, and then you'd have no buses or bus services to complain about.
Not likely to happen, as IMarkeh is NW based

Bob

Quote from: Vulcan on January 06, 2023, 07:23:57 PMI my time in the business we would be certainly have  been being monitored by DVLA staff on reliability & missing services, followed up by a maintenance visit & roadside checks.
Passenger complaints were always followed up by their staff
DVSA sniffed round em a bit before after the axle came off that Volvo in Heath Hayes, id heard a wheel came off a Solo too. The 04 plate Scania got PG9d in Lichfield. When they ran the 1 to Walsall ( and put their worst tat on it) it was plagued with reliability issues, i remember waiting over an hour in Bloxwich and giving up, and a broken down solo on the A34, and another bus just missing. The ex Centrebus Centro they had broke doen on the exitcof Cannock bus syn and caused chaos. One day in the summer, 4 of the 5 buses on the pye greens broke down, then one of the sheds theyd put on to replace one of the 4 broke down on the crossroads at the Jubiliee inn. Recently the two door E200 that has cable ties holding the centre doors on broke down right on top of the temporary roadwork lights in H'ford causing chaos

Rachvince53

Quote from: Bob on January 06, 2023, 08:06:40 PMDVSA sniffed round em a bit before after the axle came off that Volvo in Heath Hayes, id heard a wheel came off a Solo too. The 04 plate Scania got PG9d in Lichfield. When they ran the 1 to Walsall ( and put their worst tat on it) it was plagued with reliability issues, i remember waiting over an hour in Bloxwich and giving up, and a broken down solo on the A34, and another bus just missing. The ex Centrebus Centro they had broke doen on the exitcof Cannock bus syn and caused chaos. One day in the summer, 4 of the 5 buses on the pye greens broke down, then one of the sheds theyd put on to replace one of the 4 broke down on the crossroads at the Jubiliee inn. Recently the two door E200 that has cable ties holding the centre doors on broke down right on top of the temporary roadwork lights in H'ford causing chaos
As I've commented earlier, this will be picked up on in due course. However evidence needs gathering before Chaserider can be hauled before the Traffic Commissioner. 

IMarkeh

Quote from: Rachvince53 on January 06, 2023, 05:37:45 PMOh I think they will be done sooner rather than later.  However it needs observations from VOSA before an enquiry can be launched I believe and they may be able to continue to operate in the meantime.  There's also the need for another operator(s) to take over services should the licence be revoked. I think its more likely that the number of services they can run will be reduced, at least initially. Further action  would follow if necessary.
To spark observations though, you need to make a complaint. Ideally with some evidence to show it's worth their while. As for other operators, I think it would lead to a ramping up of Select bus to be fair. 
There are varying levels of what the traffic commissioner could do including fining, forcing them to give compensation to the locals (Stagecoach Exeter did free travel for 2 weeks and employing someone to work at the bus station), reduction in ops discs or revocation of the licence depending on how poor it all is.

Quote from: Stu on January 06, 2023, 06:10:40 PMHave you reported them?

Not yet complained but I certainly would do if my journeys become more delayed by them. To be fair, getting them up at Public Inquiry doesn't mean instant licence revocation but they can be fined upto £550 per vehicle on all licences owned by the firm (wording seems to suggest this would include D&Gs ops licence). 

Quote from: winston on January 06, 2023, 07:43:02 PMNot likely to happen, as IMarkeh is NW based
I've reported South Wales operators before. I travel up and down the country for work and so I see a lot. If an operator isn't complying with the law, I am more than happy to report them to the relevant authorities. The bus industry has no room for cowboys. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk