News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: WM_58 on July 10, 2020, 07:55:14 PM

I think the Cov blue is the best of the Platinum branding, but as far as these electric buses go I guess I was expecting something a bit more in your face to showcase a cleaner and greener future.

? - you do realise that is a 'work in progress' photo?

WM_58

Quote from: Tony on July 10, 2020, 07:57:17 PM

? - you do realise that is a 'work in progress' photo?

Very much so.  I'd be saying the same about the Birmingham electrics if they had of received the platinum red branding. I guess I try to think about the general public who can't tell one bus from another. These buses are a brilliant move by NX but when you give them similar branding to that of the existing platinums don't we risk them become just another bus to the general public? I personally want to see these electrics pulling in new passengers to NX.

Tony

Quote from: WM_58 on July 10, 2020, 08:06:05 PM
Very much so.  I'd be saying the same about the Birmingham electrics if they had of received the platinum red branding. I guess I try to think about the general public who can't tell one bus from another. These buses are a brilliant move by NX but when you give them similar branding to that of the existing platinums don't we risk them become just another bus to the general public? I personally want to see these electrics pulling in new passengers to NX.

OK so what extra would you put on? Almost every part of the bus is bragging it is electric, Silver stripes along and up.

I really am struggling to see what else could be done

WM_58

Quote from: Tony on July 10, 2020, 08:08:46 PM
OK so what extra would you put on? Almost every part of the bus is bragging it is electric, Silver stripes along and up.

I really am struggling to see what else could be done

I personally would of changed the colour scheme to make them stand out from the rest of the fleet or done something similar to London with the all over leaf advertising. I'm unsure on how much say NX have over livery choices.

Tony

Quote from: WM_58 on July 10, 2020, 08:25:12 PM
I personally would of changed the colour scheme to make them stand out from the rest of the fleet or done something similar to London with the all over leaf advertising. I'm unsure on how much say NX have over livery choices.

I still really don't get your point. You are happy with a few leaves on standard livery, but not two bright silver bands, a few wind turbines two bright silver flashes on the front. 25 foot long banner advertising and new style fleetnames?

WM_58

Quote from: Tony on July 10, 2020, 08:33:21 PM
I still really don't get your point. You are happy with a few leaves on standard livery, but not two bright silver bands, a few wind turbines two bright silver flashes on the front. 25 foot long banner advertising and new style fleetnames?

But I'm talking about grabbing people's attention whilst they are driving along in their cars. Having buses that are a totally different colour would make people look at the bus and then they will noticethe two bright silver bands, wind turbines two bright silver flashes on the front and the 25 foot long banner.

Tony

Quote from: WM_58 on July 10, 2020, 08:51:31 PM
But I'm talking about grabbing people's attention whilst they are driving along in their cars. Having buses that are a totally different colour would make people look at the bus and then they will noticethe two bright silver bands, wind turbines two bright silver flashes on the front and the 25 foot long banner.

Having vehicles as a totally different colour can also mean people don't recognise the operator.

These buses are the first buses I have driven for a long time (apart from 3225) where people stop and stare when you drive past, so they clearly are different enough

Tony

And as you use London as an example, do these look any different
http://wmbusphotos.com/NONWM/LondonUnited/47027.html

WM_58

Quote from: Tony on July 10, 2020, 08:55:14 PM
Having vehicles as a totally different colour can also mean people don't recognise the operator.

These buses are the first buses I have driven for a long time (apart from 3225) where people stop and stare when you drive past, so they clearly are different enough

You are right. The brand must be easily recognisable and that's something NX have done superbly well over the years.
It's always amazed me at how a livery can impact the public. I'm a train driver and the company I drive for has a good number of celebrity locos. They always get attention wherever they are, yet the standard locos get very little attention.

Tony

Quote from: WM_58 on July 10, 2020, 09:09:47 PM
You are right. The brand must be easily recognisable and that's something NX have done superbly well over the years.
It's always amazed me at how a livery can impact the public. I'm a train driver and the company I drive for has a good number of celebrity locos. They always get attention wherever they are, yet the standard locos get very little attention.

GBRF?

WM_58

Busboy105

Saw the new pictures of the new CV electrics. Not a fan of the blue part on the front if I'm being honest.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Busboy105 on July 10, 2020, 11:56:34 PM
Saw the new pictures of the new CV electrics. Not a fan of the blue part on the front if I'm being honest.
Why ?

Stevo

The message is confused. On the side you see an electrical flash, a pair of legs, a pattern of diamonds and a blue sky.

RW

Quote from: Stevo on July 11, 2020, 08:52:23 AM
The message is confused. On the side you see an electrical flash, a pair of legs, a pattern of diamonds and a blue sky.
Have to admit I'm not a great fan of "a pair of legs" being part of the livery. Never have been. Some might construe it as sexist. Why not a pair of walking boots?  Better to ride than walk. (tongue in cheek)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk