News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

‘Needless’ Network/Route Changes

Started by Pat, July 25, 2019, 05:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on July 25, 2019, 10:05:35 PM
The 16 would like to see upped to 4 buses an hour with 2 of those as 16A to serve Himley
But why put a bus to a small village where no one uses it? That's why NX are proposing to withdraw their service from Himley due to a low demand for the service.

Trident 4609

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on July 25, 2019, 09:48:15 PM
I also use the 15 and 16 and i've never seen anyone board/alight at Himley. I suggested that the 15 & 16's are kept as they are - except not serving Wombourne e.t.c where a separate service would cover this.

Except a fair few people use the 15 and 16 to link to places such as Kingswinford and Stourbridge/Merry Hill. Completely removing both services from Wombourne village is rather draconian in my opinion

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on July 25, 2019, 10:24:30 PM
But why put a bus to a small village where no one uses it? That's why NX are proposing to withdraw their service from Himley due to a low demand for the service.

Granted, it's not heaving with people, but i have seen a fair number of people board and alight in the village itself (yes i use the 16 often, unless of course i'm imagining it...) and at the crossroads on the A449 to access Himley Hall. It has been served there for many years without issue. It's a large area to leave without a service.

Pat

Quote from: Nathan on July 25, 2019, 10:26:31 PM
Except a fair few people use the 15 and 16 to link to places such as Kingswinford and Stourbridge/Merry Hill. Completely removing both services from Wombourne village is rather draconian in my opinion
I wouldn't say it would be "draconian" removing both services from Wombourne.  It would mean faster journey times for people travelling to Wolverhampton from Merry Hill/Stourbridge and along that corridor.  Furthermore, a Wombourne local service could work in my opinion that could run half hourly with one journey per hour extending to Swindon.  The current route between Wall Heath & Hinksford is unsuitable and quite frankly dangerous for buses due to the narrow road so it would be beneficial not to have a bus serve there.

Roy

What worries me is that there will be people who live on Fantasy Island rather in in West Dudley who reply to the consultation with stupid ideas.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Roy on July 25, 2019, 10:43:55 PM
What worries me is that there will be people who live on Fantasy Island rather in in West Dudley who reply to the consultation with stupid ideas.

i personally think it won't make much difference either way. As a regular user of the 15 & 16, and based off the fact it's inevitable major changes will take place.. the suggestion i mentioned further up was a fairly logical one, compared to the one being drawn up. Retaing a service in Himley, keeping the 4 bph headway both along Penn Road, and between Stourbridge and Kingswinford

Pat

Quote from: Nathan on July 25, 2019, 10:49:17 PM
i personally think it won't make much difference either way. As a regular user of the 15 & 16, and based off the fact it's inevitable major changes will take place..
I agree with @Nathan here. I think that the more feedback that NX can get on this matter from locals, from passengers who have previously used the service and from people who just pass through the area on the bus, it can help them to ascertain the best course of action to take. Lets be honest, will these changes impact any of the managers or whoever comes up with these network reviews at NX? I doubt it.  Therefore, it is better to involve everybody who uses or who has used the service.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on July 25, 2019, 10:37:12 PM
I wouldn't say it would be "draconian" removing both services from Wombourne.  It would mean faster journey times for people travelling to Wolverhampton from Merry Hill/Stourbridge and along that corridor.  Furthermore, a Wombourne local service could work in my opinion that could run half hourly with one journey per hour extending to Swindon.  The current route between Wall Heath & Hinksford is unsuitable and quite frankly dangerous for buses due to the narrow road so it would be beneficial not to have a bus serve there.

Dangerous for buses because the roads are narrow?

Christ on a bike I thought the Hayley Green halfwit was the biggest numpty on here but you've just gone one better pal!!

Pat

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on July 25, 2019, 11:02:55 PM
Dangerous for buses because the roads are narrow?

Christ on a bike I thought the Hayley Green halfwit was the biggest numpty on here but you've just gone one better pal!!
Of course it's dangerous! Sending any type of vehicle, not only buses, down a narrow lane is dangerous for obvious reasons.  The buses travelling along that road probably helped to cause the landslide that happened there a while back.  Also, that road can be busy at times and it is a struggle for buses and larger vehicles to pass each other.

MasterPlan

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on July 25, 2019, 05:42:58 PMCan anyone else think of a network/route that has been changed and has resulted in the service becoming worse?

Where do you want to start!?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

monkeyjoe

I would ex lea hall patch benefited, shame investment in new fleets as a proportion of routes and revenues has been minimal.

Stuharris 6360

I have been on the 15/16 numerous times and certainly between Wolverhampton and Wombourne the services are very well used, to me the problem is on the 16/7 between Wallheath and Stourbridge. Off peak they are quite poorly used.

Whether that part of the route actually warrants a 20 minute service as proposed, I think half hourly would be more than adequate.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Roy

Quote from: Nathan on July 25, 2019, 10:49:17 PM
i personally think it won't make much difference either way. As a regular user of the 15 & 16, and based off the fact it's inevitable major changes will take place.. the suggestion i mentioned further up was a fairly logical one, compared to the one being drawn up. Retaing a service in Himley, keeping the 4 bph headway both along Penn Road, and between Stourbridge and Kingswinford

I totally agree.  The current network works.  Wombourne is now a small overspill town rather than a village and a lot of people travel from there to both Merry Hill and Stourbridge.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk