News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry Network Review - September 2019

Started by JPC, June 19, 2019, 10:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPC

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 09, 2019, 05:18:23 PM
Obviously the 16/16A over to Binley & the Hospital has gone - but I assume its been re-established with a link to the 23? (so 23 to Stoke Aldermoor etc, etc).

Seems logical - and if that is the case I'm sure the people of Allesley Park will soon moan about the new link being overwhelmingly too long.
I have a feeling the Allesley Park - City and The Moorfield - Binley WSP sections will be losing out / reduced to a 15 minute daytime frequency - but will gain a solid double deck allocation.

highland

No change to the 5 so far, which is interesting considering it was in the consultation.

I wonder why all three of the 4, 10, and 18/18A/19 are shown to Tile Hill and Westwood Business Park. It'll be interesting to see how it works out...

highland

If I were to guess, the 18/18A/19 registration is used just for the 19, the 4 registration for the ex-18 Tile Hill via Hearsall Common, and the 10 registration for the all day service to Westwood Business Park via Cannon Park.

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on August 09, 2019, 06:38:04 PM
Seems logical - and if that is the case I'm sure the people of Allesley Park will soon moan about the new link being overwhelmingly too long.
I have a feeling the Allesley Park - City and The Moorfield - Binley WSP sections will be losing out / reduced to a 15 minute daytime frequency - but will gain a solid double deck allocation.

The frequency of the 16/16A to Binley/UHCW is broadly similar to the 23/23A to Allesley Park currently - but they could indeed reduce it down to every 15 mins daytime.

The 5 is missing from that list; I assume the City - Earlsdon - Tile Hill South element has been linked over to either the 4/4A or the 10 - but what about the City - Coundon - Radford - Holbrooks - Arena Park segment ? (I'm assuming the new 3/3A replaces the City - Holbrooks - Hen Lane - Arena Park bit of service 4). Is there no replacement at all !? Do we need two separate services to the Tile Hill area as well as the 6/6A group (both the 4/4A & 10 seem to be heading there) unless the details haven't been made fully clear or there is an error somewhere.

The Cheylesmore/Fenside Ave area finds itself, yet again, with a new number to get used to - although we did have 2/3/3A for a while.

highland

No changes registered for the 5 at all yet.

paulb1973

Quote from: highland on August 09, 2019, 06:57:20 PM
No change to the 5 so far, which is interesting considering it was in the consultation.

I wonder why all three of the 4, 10, and 18/18A/19 are shown to Tile Hill and Westwood Business Park. It'll be interesting to see how it works out...

Maybe the current service 5 won't exist at all after these changes! (but they'll have to be some kind of replacement for the City - Coundon - Holbrooks section surely). Could that be an error - so either the 4/4A or 10 actually go to the Arena Park as a service 5 replacement [and not go to Tile Hill at all]? I can't imagine we would need the 4/4A, 6/6A, 10 & 18/19 all heading to the same area!

highland

It's not showing as cancelled, so if no further changes are registered, then the 5 timetable will be exactly the same as before.

paulb1973

Quote from: highland on August 09, 2019, 07:16:43 PM
It's not showing as cancelled, so if no further changes are registered, then the 5 timetable will be exactly the same as before.

That would perhaps suggest just running as: 5 City - Holbrooks/Whitmore Park via the current Coundon and Radford route only (if the Tile Hill South section has been lopped off - which seems to be the case). The survey did suggest cutting out the Holbrook Lane to Arena Park segment, so maybe a heavily shortened service 5?

All will be revealed as they say!

highland

No, the registration (see https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/499428/) is for Tile Hill Village - Arena Retail Park via City Centre, and there are no changes listed for 22 September 2019. As such, there is nothing to suggest that the route or timetable will be changed at all from 22 September. Change could be coming at some point, but not yet, otherwise the registration would have changed.

paulb1973

Quote from: highland on August 09, 2019, 07:29:34 PM
No, the registration (see https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/499428/) is for Tile Hill Village - Arena Retail Park via City Centre, and there are no changes listed for 22 September 2019. As such, there is nothing to suggest that the route or timetable will be changed at all from 22 September. Change could be coming at some point, but not yet, otherwise the registration would have changed.

That could mean the 4/4A, 5, 6/6A, 10 and 18/19 all heading, broadly speaking, to the same area of Coventry! Sounds interesting.

JPC

Of course Vosa details is always sketchy/erratic...
The amended 4/4A likely replaces/covers routes 18 and 19.
The amended 10 probably operates to the Rail Station with certain journeys extending further to replace/cover 18A.
The amendment to the 18/18A/19 might actually become the service which replaces the 5 between City and Tile Hill South, though it'll likely be a new service number - for example 15.
The 5 between City and Everdon Road might now be added on to the registration for the 7 as a variation despite there being no indication on it.
Something will eventually happen to the existing registration for the 5 come another day.

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on August 09, 2019, 07:59:09 PM
Of course Vosa details is always sketchy/erratic...
The amended 4/4A likely replaces/covers routes 18 and 19.
The amended 10 probably operates to the Rail Station with certain jouneys extending further to replace/cover 18A.
The amendment to the 18/18/19 might actually be the service which replaces the 5 between City and Tile Hill South, though it'll likely be a new service number - for example 15.
The 5 between City and Everdon Road might now be added on to the registration for the 7 as a variation despite there being no indication on it.
Something will eventually happen to the existing registration for the 5 come another day.

Yes, we should take these things with a bit of a pinch of salt! - the full details are not always displayed on the Vosa notifications. But at some point TfWM/Centro and NXC will have to publish the full details.

JoNi

Quote from: JPC on August 09, 2019, 05:13:09 PM
Date for the Coventry service changes is now confirmed as 22nd September

Amendments are now appearing on the Vosa site where details are sketchy but here goes....

3/3A Arena Park - Fenside
4/4A University Hospital - Tile Hill/Westwood
6/6A Tanyard Farm-Victoria Farm
7 City - Brownshill Green
8/8A Walsgrave - Eastern Green + 9/9A Hospital - Leasowes Ave
10 Bell Green - Tile Hill (South)/Westwood
11/11U/12X City-University/Leamington
13/13A Willenhall-Whitmore Park
16 City - Keresley
18/19 City- Tile Hill/Westwood
21/21A Wood End - Willenhall/Middlemarch
23 Allesley Park - University Hospital
27A Cancelled
X30 Ansty Park shuttle

Thanks for this pretty much confirms my suspicions reading between the lines of survey that these changes had been decided before the public were "consulted". I therefore wonder who the person in NX is who has the power to implement a culture of effective on going liaison with citizens. An example one company has adopted is individual travel centre staff who have been relieved of ticket selling by the internet are made responsible for specific communities rather than sitting in an office with less to do!

Sandy Lane

The X30 has only recently gone to NX from Diamond and it still struggles to run to time. Will this be a route or timings change or both?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk