News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

20 Extended to Nuneaton from 27th January

Started by Steve3229vp, January 10, 2020, 08:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

Inspector handing out an attractive NXC leaflet about 20 extension to passengers at 48 bus stop in Trinity Street. The route number is on the nearside of the white destination display on the picture of 2159 on the cover!

ellspurs

I just wish this was 15 years ago when I was regularly commuting to Nuneaton from Chelmsley Wood for work. The cost from Bedworth to Nuneaton on the 48/55/57 was usually more than the return cost from Bedworth to Chelmsley via Coventry and Birmingham Airport on TWM.

The short time that the 717 ran from the Airport to Nuneaton at least made up for the price of the ticket with the cut in journey time.

mikestone

Rather surprised to see a timetable for the 20 on stand C3 in the same style as the Stagecoach  ones  - particularly as the ex De Courcey tendered  routes now run by Arriva and not in direct competion only have a "typed" timetable sheet and there was a note taped to the office window "we do not give information on other operators services.
The rack in the library had flyers for the 20 but no timetables.

ellspurs

Has anyone seen how this route has been doing?

As I'm usually travelling through Nuneaton at 4-5am, I haven't seen a 20 that far up yet.

winston

Quote from: ellspurs on March 01, 2020, 12:04:01 PM
Has anyone seen how this route has been doing?

As I'm usually travelling through Nuneaton at 4-5am, I haven't seen a 20 that far up yet.

The NX Group full year report said the 20 had exceeded initial expectations

ellspurs

Quote from: Winston on March 01, 2020, 01:24:55 PM

That's good news.

metrocity

Quote from: Winston on March 01, 2020, 01:24:55 PM
Perhaps the expectations were low. I've seen a number of journeys and loadings were rather sparse

Ashley 60171

I scratched off the 20 extension the Saturday before last early afternoon. Were about 17 on by time we got to Nuneaton, the 5 or 6 who boarded after Bedworth all paid cash.

ellspurs

I finally saw the 20 today, sat in the good ol' 3pm traffic jam on Coton Road. On a quick look inside as I drove past, it seemed about half full. When I reached the Coton Arches, a 48 was just pulling onto the road and it seemed to only have 4-5 people on it.

Bus Man K2

Yep it does seem to be carrying quite a few passengers between Nuneaton and Bedworth compared to the Stagecoach alternatives.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk