News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva's future?

Started by andymacp, March 28, 2019, 01:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 10, 2020, 10:17:35 AM
As ever Arriva are totally wrong on the current Government guidance on using public transport.  The guidance changed on 4th July from only using public transport for essential journeys to:

" You can help control coronavirus and travel safely by:
working from home where possible
shopping locally and less often
considering all other forms of transport, such as cycling and walking, before using public transport
avoiding the busiest times and route
keeping your distance when your travel, where possible
washing or sanitising your hands regularly"

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers

Where are we totally wrong?

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on July 10, 2020, 02:10:22 PM
Where are we totally wrong?
@Simon@Arriva the phrase essential journeys was used by HM Government for passengers such as myself using buses throughout the lockdown to access hospital treatment on what was an essential journey. Now many have returned to work the advice has moved as clearly stated in the Government advice too:
"considering all other forms of transport, such as cycling and walking, before using public transport"
therefore journeys are now being made for many that are non essential consequently as ever with everything Arriva do in The West Midlands County my perseciption from actually using our bus network this week are that your comments are fundamentally flawed.

Pat

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 10, 2020, 02:38:41 PM
@Simon@Arriva the phrase essential journeys was used by HM Government for passengers such as myself using buses throughout the lockdown to access cancer treatment on what was an essential journey. Now many have returned to work the advice has moved as clearly stated in the Government advice too:
"considering all other forms of transport, such as cycling and walking, before using public transport"
therefore journeys are now being made for many that are non essential consequently as ever with everything Arriva do in The West Midlands County my perseciption from actually using our bus network this week are that your comments are fundamentally flawed.
Where is your proof that people aren't using buses for essential purposes?  How can you tell whether someone is using the bus for an essential reason?  Many people do not have access to other forms of transport, so rely on the bus service for shopping, appointments, pharmacy collections etc.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Pat on July 10, 2020, 04:14:32 PM
Where is your proof that people aren't using buses for essential purposes?  How can you tell whether someone is using the bus for an essential reason?  Many people do not have access to other forms of transport, so rely on the bus service for shopping, appointments, pharmacy collections etc.
I think the numerous passengers I have encountered with Primark shopping bags and those drinking cans of lager now sort of give it away have you used NXWM & Diamond Bus this week @Pat ?

Pat

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 10, 2020, 05:13:06 PM
I think the numerous passengers I have encountered with Primark shopping bags and those drinking cans of lager now sort of give it away have you used NXWM & Diamond Bus this week @Pat ?
Fair enough.  I haven't used public transport since March, only using my car to get about.

the trainbasher

is there any news on what DB are planning to do with Arriva

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 10, 2020, 07:37:10 PM
is there any news on what DB are planning to do with Arriva
Well before @Simon@Arriva question my post again DB had received a number of bids for thier UK operations none of which met the tender specs therefore along with Covid-19 the sale is on hold in Deutschland

WyreForestShuttle

BBC NEWS are running a report on this mornings bulletins by Tim Moffat about an Arriva bus driver who has died from Covid-19 whilst working for the company through the pandemic.  The highly emotional report features a bus drivers son whose father has sadly passed away. The son makes many strong comments about his fathers working conditions. The report also contains a comment about drivers working for Arriva through the pandemic from the company. If you are unable to access the BBC News Channel may I recommend viewing the report with the BBC iplayer or BBC NEWS app. May I remind everyone if you watch the report in the UK your household are required to have a valid TV Licence.

Gareth

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 12, 2020, 10:23:46 AM
May I remind everyone if you watch the report in the UK your household are required to have a valid TV Licence.

Be careful everyone, Richard is out and about in his detector van checking the licences of customers of First Worcester and all other operators.

V89MOA

Quote from: Gareth on July 12, 2020, 04:16:21 PM
Be careful everyone, Richard is out and about in his detector van checking the licences of customers of First Worcester and all other operators.
Literally spat my drink out reading that 🤣

MW

The TV licence and the concept behind it is absolute nonsense from yesteryear. The quicker they get rid of it the better. And no, you don't have to pay a penny.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: MW on July 12, 2020, 04:35:27 PM
The TV licence and the concept behind it is absolute nonsense from yesteryear. The quicker they get rid of it the better. And no, you don't have to pay a penny.
Yes fully agree @MW the TV LICENCE  is outmoded outdated and should be abolished it is no different to forcing someone who only uses NXWM & forcing them to buy a TfWM pass valid on operators they will never use. Totally wrong I fully agree & hopefully soon not having one will be decriminalised however this of course a bus forum and not a forum for political views.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 10, 2020, 02:38:41 PM
@Simon@Arriva the phrase essential journeys was used by HM Government for passengers such as myself using buses throughout the lockdown to access hospital treatment on what was an essential journey. Now many have returned to work the advice has moved as clearly stated in the Government advice too:

Thank you for saying my comments are fundamentally flawed.  Always nice to be told such things when I come on here to try and answer questions for people.

WilliamLeylandNational

Mike Cooper returning but as Group CEO

the trainbasher

Seeing as now Cannock is leaving Arriva, would it make more sense to move Tamworth onto the old Midland Fox licence, and rebrand Telford, Shrewsbury and Oswestry as Arriva in the Marches with control moving to Arriva Wales, especially with the massive Staffordshire (apart from Tamworth) sized gap separating the two Midlands parts?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk