News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 30, 2020, 09:20:51 AM
@CL I'm guessing it was the morning Dynamic Spare that's at Scott Arms, as judging by bustimes.org 6741 broke down at 07:34 at Alexander Stadium and 1772 was in service at Scott Arms for 07:40. Looks like it's finished now though.
A shame - though I'm not surprised 😂 Thanks for the info; did manage a quick dash to Newtown to catch a snap of it heading Walsall-bound ;)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

WyreForestShuttle

Utter madness in Coombes Wood this morning TWO West Midlands Travel Ltd Tridents in the old red & white colours running together on the 4H from Halesowen towards Walsall followed by a DIAMOND VALUE B7 all completely empty at 7.30am Tears for fears were so right it really is a Mad World.

Pat

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 06, 2020, 07:58:16 AM
Utter madness in Coombes Wood this morning TWO West Midlands Travel Ltd Tridents in the old red & white colours running together on the 4H from Halesowen towards Walsall followed by a DIAMOND VALUE B7 all completely empty at 7.30am Tears for fears were so right it really is a Mad World.
Those tridents could have been duplicates.  In case you hadn't realised, the government has put people off using public transport, which is why you'll see empty vehicles.  Hardly madness is it?

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Pat on July 06, 2020, 09:00:06 AM
Those tridents could have been duplicates.  In case you hadn't realised, the government has put people off using public transport, which is why you'll see empty vehicles.  Hardly madness is it?
So why the duplicates @Pat ? It is utterly stupid I do not need three buses arriving at the stop when I would be the sole passenger on the route it is madness & having used our bus service throughout the pandemic for essential journeys to QEHB I need no advice from you or anyone on the government's advice on the ludicrous spectacle of this morning.

Trident 4194

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 06, 2020, 10:00:28 AM
So why the duplicates @Pat ? It is utterly stupid I do not need three buses arriving at the stop when I would be the sole passenger on the route it is madness & having used our bus service throughout the pandemic for essential journeys to QEHB I need no advice from you or anyone on the government's advice on the ludicrous spectacle of this morning.

Maybe it's dead on that section but could soon pickup between blackheath and Walsall.

Also I've just seen a Scania displaying 3 West Bromwich going up Coombes wood. Presumably wrong route set, however could get bad when it reaches blackheath and people think it's a 3 not a 4H!!

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 06, 2020, 10:37:43 AM
Maybe it's dead on that section but could soon pickup between blackheath and Walsall.

Also I've just seen a Scania displaying 3 West Bromwich going up Coombes wood. Presumably wrong route set, however could get bad when it reaches blackheath and people think it's a 3 not a 4H!!
Fully agree about it being dead between Halesowen & Blackheath @Trident 4194 but surely the duplicate should be on the 4 then and not the 4H I have not seen another passenger on the 4H in the last three months.

Jack

Part of Powke Lane is closed until late August meaning the 3, 4M and 24 are on Coombes Wood and Gorsty Hill.

Jack

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 06, 2020, 07:58:16 AM
Sure one of the Tridents wasn't a 4M, Richard?

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Jack on July 06, 2020, 10:52:23 AM
Part of Powke Lane is closed until late August meaning the 3, 4M and 24 are on Coombes Wood and Gorsty Hill.
I am aware of that but these were three 4H's togther not 3 or 4M or 24. I am surprised the diversionary route isn't via Perry Park Road ; it is for 24; it coped for years with the 415 yet another stupid decision to divert the 3 & 4M via Coombes Wood resulting in a very long diversion thru Haden Hill utter madness. The operator is not responsible for the diversion NXWM are merely following Sandwell Councils Advisory Route for the 3 & 4M

P419 EJW

3, 4M, and 24 are on diversion for 7 weeks. Read it on disruptions: https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/disruptions/

Pat

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 06, 2020, 10:00:28 AM
I was unaware of the diversions, so that may have possibly caused the three buses to come at once.  If they were duplicates, NX may have done this as it gets busier further down the route, as has already been said.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Pat on July 06, 2020, 12:16:14 PM
I was unaware of the diversions, so that may have possibly caused the three buses to come at once.  If they were duplicates, NX may have done this as it gets busier further down the route, as has already been said.
There was no other traffic in Coombes Wood this morning to cause any delays @Pat  just a convoy of 4H's in threes the comments about the route being busier beyond Blackheath simply do not stand up if the route was busier beyond Blackheath the duplicate would be on Service 4 Blackheath to Walsall not the 4H

midlandred2003

4M due Blackheath 07:15,4H due 07:22,3 due 07:30 one running slightly late one a little early perhaps? Because of diversion no problem?

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: midlandred2003 on July 06, 2020, 02:43:02 PM
4M due Blackheath 07:15,4H due 07:22,3 due 07:30 one running slightly late one a little early perhaps? Because of diversion no problem?
So how do you explain two TRIDENTS with 4H on the Hanover & B7 stopping together in Coombes Rd together then with a 4M Trident behind the B7?

midlandred2003

I am not in a position to explain operations I  am merely giving a reason why 2 buses were together!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk