News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Jack on July 06, 2020, 06:39:37 PM
Thought I was correct. Should get his eyes tested.
Most of me is falling apart with disease but my eyesight is perfect in Coombes Wood this morning at 7.28 there were TWO Tridents on the 4H from NXWM followed by a Diamond B7 4H and followed by a 4M whatever anyone posts or says I was at the bus stop & FOUR buses ran together THREE from NXWM & ONE from Diamond Bus.

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 06, 2020, 06:17:39 PM
3, 4M & 24 are going down Powke Lane but not coming up it as clearly stated on the West Midlands Network website.

Well I went up and down it and there were no sign to say the road was or was going to be shut and traffic was flowing in both directions so whoever the person at West Midlands Network say its shut should go and look rather than sit behind a desk.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: WB Driver on July 06, 2020, 07:10:28 PM
Well I went up and down it and there were no sign to say the road was or was going to be shut and traffic was flowing in both directions so whoever the person at West Midlands Network say its shut should go and look rather than sit behind a desk.

It's nothing to do with Network West Midlands. They take the info for documents that have been sent to them from operators or the council, then they update the divertions page. so @WB Driver  don't have a go at NWM until you've got all the information. Look a little closer to home in this case i.e. the operator or the Council.

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on July 06, 2020, 07:24:59 PM
It's nothing to do with Network West Midlands. They take the info for documents that have been sent to them from operators or the council, then they update the divertions page. so @WB Driver  don't have a go at NWM until you've got all the information. Look a little closer to home in this case i.e. the operator or the Council.

Ok jeez, so why is there such a difference between NWM saying the Roadworks start today and NX's diversions sheet saying they'll start on 24th August.

Jack6101

Works meant to of started today it's saying on google maps it's one way and on the roadwork map Sandwell council work it's saying it's one way but will check tommorow as going that https://one.network/custom/sandwell/
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Jack6101 on July 06, 2020, 09:16:29 PM
Works meant to of started today it's saying on google maps it's one way and on the roadwork map Sandwell council work it's saying it's one way but will check tommorow as going that https://one.network/custom/sandwell/
I think between @Tony & myself  commenting on  his records which are a matter for himself & me actually standing at the bus stop observing what  was actually occurring we are both in agreement that towards Walsall the 3 & 4M are actually using Halesowen Rd,  Coombes Rd, Gorsty Hill Rd & Halesowen Street whether or not Powke Lane is open & the WMN website is correct.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: WB Driver on July 06, 2020, 09:13:58 PM
Ok jeez, so why is there such a difference between NWM saying the Roadworks start today and NX's diversions sheet saying they'll start on 24th August.

I don't know why there's such a difference. All I can say is possibly the council have given the wrong info to either NX or WMN. Dont know which one though. Also if the post below is correct then that suggest that the divertion sheet that you have is incorrect and not NWM.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on July 07, 2020, 09:02:35 AM
I don't know why there's such a difference. All I can say is possibly the council have given the wrong info to either NX or WMN. Dont know which one though. Also if the post below is correct then that suggest that the divertion sheet that you have is incorrect and not NWM.
No surprise.  Councils can be pretty useless when it comes to informing operators of disruptions.

Quote from: WB Driver on July 06, 2020, 09:13:58 PM
communication at its poorest, All last week Oldbury Interchange was closed throughout the evenings and there was no information displayed on the shelters advising passengers. They were left waiting for a magic bus to arrive.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: 979 on July 07, 2020, 08:13:18 PM
communication at its poorest, All last week Oldbury Interchange was closed throughout the evenings and there was no information displayed on the shelters advising passengers. They were left waiting for a magic bus to arrive.

Again communication between Council and operator at it's poorest. nothing to do with NWM. As this wasn't on their website either.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on July 07, 2020, 12:02:44 PM
No surprise.  Councils can be pretty useless when it comes to informing operators of disruptions.

Your right there. Although saying that thay are on the ball most times. It just takes a little time for the divertions/disruptions page to be updated. Also if the diversion or disruption is delayed then that could be why the diversion sheet that @WB Driver has got says the division starts in August. to be honest I don't know why this is such a big problem @WB Driver, one of the things is obviously going to be correct. Does it really matter which one?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on July 08, 2020, 11:11:08 AM
one of the things is obviously going to be correct. Does it really matter which one?
Yes it does.  The diversion sheet is what the driver carries with them and what they'll follow, so it is vital that the information is correct.  There has been incidents before where a decker has wedged itself under a bridge on a diversion, or has had to do a three point turn as they can't get under the bridge.  Mind you, some of that may be down to driver error and not reading the sheet correctly.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on July 08, 2020, 11:47:20 AM
Yes it does.  The diversion sheet is what the driver carries with them and what they'll follow, so it is vital that the information is correct.  There has been incidents before where a decker has wedged itself under a bridge on a diversion, or has had to do a three point turn as they can't get under the bridge.  Mind you, some of that may be down to driver error and not reading the sheet correctly.

I understand where you're coming from @Pat  but to start arguing about it, it seam a bit silly doesn't it?

Arguing isn't going to solve anything so as I've said before in above posts. one of the things will be correct and also the council isn't always fast at getting the correct I for to the right placed.

Bus Man K2

Thanks for backing my side of the argument up.

It's not a big problem but I do most route operated from WB and also Private hires and it gets confusing when you look on the sheet to see when their may be diversions coming up and then find they already started. There's been several occasions on WB route were Roadworks have sprung up that the company didn't know about because of a missed email or Roadworks have been scheduled but never happen. I apologise for being harsh on NMW.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk