News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Has NXWM finally seen the light?

Started by RW, October 17, 2018, 04:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinyl or no vinyl?

Vinyl covered windows are unnecessary and should be avoided in passengers interest
36 (70.6%)
Vinyl covered windows are necessary to meet the operators needs
10 (19.6%)
No view on the matter
5 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 51

RW

Just an impression but have more Platinums on Sutton routes lost the vinyl plague on their rear windows. Is the blockade finally over? Have NXWM decided to share the light with its fare paying passengers? Can passengers finally leave their reading lights at home and no longer have to shield their eyes when they step off a Platinum into the light? Hopefully yes but time will tell. Could just be that they just haven't got round to blocking out windows missed first time round!

JoNi

Next step internal vynals that are not grey!

John

No. They have had replacement windows and branding is not replaced. They look awful with bits of branding missing

Mike K

Quote from: RW on October 17, 2018, 04:21:47 PM
Just an impression but have more Platinums on Sutton routes lost the vinyl plague on their rear windows. Is the blockade finally over? Have NXWM decided to share the light with its fare paying passengers? Can passengers finally leave their reading lights at home and no longer have to shield their eyes when they step off a Platinum into the light? Hopefully yes but time will tell. Could just be that they just haven't got round to blocking out windows missed first time round!

Alas, more of the former X61 branded ones received generic Platinum branding last weekend, and their rear windows are no more.

mikestone

Lets not forget that the lack of rear windows started with the Optare Spectra so many enthusiasts rave about.

lauren1993

You don't need to see out of the rear windows. Can't see why everyone keeps moaning about it. There is nothing wrong with branding over the rear window, it looks smart and striking to the public, which promotes the route and is actually noticeable.
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

RW

Quote from: lauren1993 on October 17, 2018, 11:58:11 PM
You don't need to see out of the rear windows. Can't see why everyone keeps moaning about it. There is nothing wrong with branding over the rear window, it looks smart and striking to the public, which promotes the route and is actually noticeable.
'....smart and striking...' is not a term I would use. Boring, disfiguring and tasteless are a few of the words I would choose to use to describe the vinyl plague.  Have you seen a Platinum without vinyls, a genuinely classy looking PSV? Why ruin it's appearance. If you think people stand at the side of the road admiring a vinyl adorned vehicle I think you are sadly mistaken.

JoNi

Branding over rear windows is a fad. They make the bus dark inside coupled with the drab grey interiors. Have a ride on the 23/A (Coventry) to see how depressing it makes a short bus.

Jack

I think they just leave the rear windows not branded as it just means there's light in a gloom filled bus. Also you can see if there's another bus behind that you could change onto on the same road.

RW

We don't have many polls on here let's see if we can get a few more votes to make it as representative an outcome amongst members as possible.

Quote from: Hammad on October 12, 2018, 10:53:26 PM
Bit off topic but was on 6888 on 70 afternoon journey and why is the back window covered
Similarly, I noticed when I saw 6147 on the 76 earlier that it's lower deck rear window had been blackened out.
Does anyone know when this was done (I don't see these YW E400 MMC very often) and why it was done?
It certainly hasn't always been like that -
https://www.flickr.com/photos/101550299@N05/27558243870/in/photolist-YndTjb-2b6LTL4-2aWUXv6-HZecMG-YAEFeZ-TNPDrs-23Y6iDy-JpNjmi-XZ5i4Q-26edJNv-Xrpas5-wyuHfQ-ujBgMA-wzEGBZ-XmieMi-xBSEjj-x4Yygu
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Martin

Quote from: 2206 on October 22, 2018, 12:00:22 PM
Similarly, I noticed when I saw 6147 on the 76 earlier that it's lower deck rear window had been blackened out.
Does anyone know when this was done (I don't see these YW E400 MMC very often) and why it was done?
It certainly hasn't always been like that -
https://www.flickr.com/photos/101550299@N05/27558243870/in/photolist-YndTjb-2b6LTL4-2aWUXv6-HZecMG-YAEFeZ-TNPDrs-23Y6iDy-JpNjmi-XZ5i4Q-26edJNv-Xrpas5-wyuHfQ-ujBgMA-wzEGBZ-XmieMi-xBSEjj-x4Yygu

From what I can see in the picture it's not been blackened out as you can still see inside of the bus from the back window.
National Express Buses in photographs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Martin.Morris25/members/

Quote from: Martin on October 22, 2018, 01:53:41 PM
From what I can see in the picture it's not been blackened out as you can still see inside of the bus from the back window.
The pictures from a while back (It's dated 21/06/16) - I linked that to show that it wasn't always like that, it's also on the 2 in that pic and not on the 76. Hence why I said "it certainly wasn't always like that"
I think i'd know if it was blacked out and couldn't see inside the bus, it's on the 76 today with the rear window blacked out.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

the trainbasher

I'm in favour of the upper windows being covered in adverts/branding.

Means I don't have to see as much of some of the dumps in the Midlands (cough merry hill cough)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

RW

Can't tell from the photos posted of the new Xplore Dundee 400 at BC but was wondering whether the vinyl vandals have already struck or are about to strike and disfigure a really classy looking vehicle by blocking out at least the rear windows. I'm sure residents of Dundee would be proud to have these vehicles on their streets in 'as new' condition. Not going to happen though is it? NX just won't be able to resist!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk