News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Sunny Travel

Started by Tony, July 05, 2012, 07:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Steveminor on August 19, 2015, 04:07:46 PM
Kind of same group but they are separate companies. Sunny travel owned by 2 brothers. One brother also owns discount travel the other owns social travel. Everything is kept separate though & if a bus changes from one to another it is legitimately purchased not just swapped liveries.
Hope that clears things up

What about the drivers? When Social first started, they seemed to be mainly ex Sunny Drivers? Also one driver, drives for both Sunny & Discount, or are these not kept separate?

Steveminor

Drivers are allowed to work for other companies as long as their drivers hours are not exceeded. So yes there is one driver who drives for discount travel that sometimes chooses to work for social travel on a Sunday. There is a driver who also drives for endeavour & one who does part time for thandi
The main guy I think you are talking about that used to drive for Sunny & now drives social is actually the brother that owns it.

James4368

@Steveminor
is they only 3 cadets on 71E so far

LF52TKD , LF52TKJ and LF52TJX
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Steveminor

Yeah the forth one is on hold whilst we concentrate on those buses currently in service plus we have a few requiring mot's.  We won't sacrifice our maintenance schedule specifically to get the last daf on the road.

Solo1

Isle of Stroma

One of their heaps has been running this week with a PG9 offence. Let's see how long it takes to be rectified.*

* No, don't ask me which one 'cos i'm not telling. I'll wait to see if it's picked up during the walk-round check tomorrow - assuming there is one, 'cos it's not been noted & rectified so far.

fleetline6477

What is a PG9 offence?

Tony

Quote from: fleetline6477 on November 27, 2015, 08:07:21 PM
What is a PG9 offence?

One that DVSA can issue a PG9 for.

A PG9 is a form issued which can be either an immediate prohibition (bus must not be used from the minute DVSA issue it) or a delayed one where DVSA can allow the bus to carry on for a fixed  (normally short) period

countryliner

@Steveminor - Do you or anyone else on this forum know what is happening to LF52 TKC at the moment. As far as i am aware this vehicle has never entered service with Sunny Travel yet. I have seen LF52 TJX / LF52 TKD / LF52 TKJ in service. Will LF52 TKC ever ever enter service service with Sunny Travel. If anyone knows anymore about this vehicle then that would be great. Thank you.

Steveminor

It has a major wiring fault from its time in London & is undergoing extensive work at the moment. With the dda goings on it has had to take a back seat but we are hoping to have her on the road as soon as possible

countryliner

@Steveminor - Thanks for the info. That is very good to hear. Whilst LF52 TKC was painted in Western Greyhound livery i am not sure if it ever entered service with them. Also can i ask if P954 RUL and T102 KGP are still in service with Sunny Travel and if so will these get converted to DDA compliant. Thank you.

Steveminor

No it had no mot when it was bought & had never run for WG indeed her london blinds were still in place.
T102 is planned to receive dda treatment however p954 has already left some time ago for the scrapyard

countryliner

@Steveminor - Thanks for the info. That is good to hear that T102 KGP will get converted to DDA compliant but i never realised that P954 RUL had left. When LF52 TKC enters service will it be fitted with a LED destination display screen or will you be fitting your own manual blinds. Also can i ask what is the PVR for the Sunny Travel route 71 service. Thank you.

Steveminor

6 bus pvr we only use electronic blinds

countryliner

@Steveminor - Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk