News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Victory For Andy Street as West Midlands Railways MD Sacked

Started by richardjones210368, January 14, 2020, 11:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Victory For Andy Street as West Midlands Railways MD Sacked:

However The Mayor Added On His Comments raised at PMQ's Last Wednesday of the franchise to be stripped of WMR:
"a change in management does not change my ultimatum", adding: "Eighteen days to go"

https://www.railmagazine.com/news/network/new-managing-director-for-west-midlands-railway

https://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/whistle-blows-for-beleaguered-manager-of-west-midlands-trains-16957/

Pat

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 14, 2020, 11:47:14 AM
Victory For Andy Street as West Midlands Railways MD Sacked:

However The Mayor Added On His Comments raised at PMQ's Last Wednesday of the franchise to be stripped of WMR:
"a change in management does not change my ultimatum", adding: "Eighteen days to go"

https://www.railmagazine.com/news/network/new-managing-director-for-west-midlands-railway
The article has no mention of the MD being sacked. It says "Julian Edwards has been appointed Managing Director of West Midlands Trains, succeeding Jan Chaudhry-van der Velde who is taking a career break.

richardjones210368

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on January 14, 2020, 12:51:52 PM
The article has no mention of the MD being sacked. It says "Julian Edwards has been appointed Managing Director of West Midlands Trains, succeeding Jan Chaudhry-van der Velde who is taking a career break.
Yes for us professionals "taking a career break" is the code word for being sacked trust me its just worded more polietly for middle class professionals.

Stuharris 6360

Strange I always thought if you were sacked you left your job instantly, not carried on for a few months.

How people can claim it's a vistory for Street, lets see if he gets his way with the dft over the franchise, I doubt it very much, the dft will have dealt with his sort before and not be told what to do.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

mikestone

Seemed a very wierd press release - he gets credit for undoing a timetable introduced on his watch and the transfer of units which has been anticipated  ever since they arrived from Germany.
If he has been sacked it might have been wiser to keep him on to carry the can for cancellations while drivers learn the (unnecessary) new stock.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 14, 2020, 08:23:02 PM
Strange I always thought if you were sacked you left your job instantly, not carried on for a few months.

How people can claim it's a vistory for Street, lets see if he gets his way with the dft over the franchise, I doubt it very much, the dft will have dealt with his sort before and not be told what to do.
Well speaking personally when Parliament was dissolved in November it was made very clear to me that my current contract would not be renewed and I would not be returning to the work I undertook for H M Government after the election whatever administration was elected it was mutually agreed that although I would cease all work in November I would continue to be paid as agreed until the 31st March 2020 when my contract is actually up but I still regard myself as being sacked in November however no objection was raised when I asked if I could join W M Bus Photos Forum at long last although technically on paper I am still under contract for a few more months so aside from my work at our family accountancy practice in my other life I am currently on a career break!

richardjones210368

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk