News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

10A to Lichfield from 22nd of July

Started by Michael Bevan, June 10, 2018, 05:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Winston on June 11, 2018, 02:18:45 AM
NX seem to be slowly spreading their wings across the boundary in to traditional Arriva territory, it will be interesting to see how the extenison is received by the local bus users. Fair play to NX for introducing a new daily commercial extension.

I quite like this. I quite like the idea of WN running routes to Telford, WA also branching out more to Cannock and I welcome this Lichfield extension. I suppose operating to Tamworth may be pushing it. Could CV potentially run a route to Rugby ? I understand while all this is nice to think about, its relative to demand and other factors such as costs and what not. NX pushing the county boundaries is quite exciting. Fare boundaries would need assessing I would imagine.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Steve3229vp

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on June 10, 2018, 11:48:40 PM
I guess it only means there could be more incentive to have a permanent Cannock to Brum link on the X51 either 60, 30 or every 20 mins. Good news, hopefully Nx can compete with some dreadful Arriva operations.
Running the X51 to Cannock all day would end in disaster, the X51 is very popular and what would happen is that buses from Cannock would get held up on there way to Walsall leaving passengers with long waits to get to Birmingham which would also lead to longer waits in Birmingham for passengers for Walsall, so I think extending the X51 to Cannock all day is a bad idea, Reliability MUST come first. I would run a separate new service from Walsall to Cannock instead.

woody38

Can't really understands NXWM pulled the 154 service when it was starting to get popular linking Wolverhampton with Cannock,sorry to be negative but can anybody see this being a success.

Dutsey

Quote from: woody38 on June 11, 2018, 07:45:19 AM
Can't really understands NXWM pulled the 154 service when it was starting to get popular linking Wolverhampton with Cannock,sorry to be negative but can anybody see this being a success.

Currently there is no link between Brownhills and Lichfield so hopefully this will be successful

PB2938

Quote from: Steve3229vp on June 11, 2018, 06:21:40 AM
Running the X51 to Cannock all day would end in disaster, the X51 is very popular and what would happen is that buses from Cannock would get held up on there way to Walsall leaving passengers with long waits to get to Birmingham which would also lead to longer waits in Birmingham for passengers for Walsall, so I think extending the X51 to Cannock all day is a bad idea, Reliability MUST come first. I would run a separate new service from Walsall to Cannock instead.

Apart from the roadworks on toll road around 2000 era the 951 run pretty reliable on the Cannock side. If the route is to timed properly it should be OK. Enough running time and a five minute wait in Walsall if the bus is running slightly late. Another idea is extending X3 to Lichfield it went to Shenstone 1998 as 102A which is only 10 minutes from Lichfield.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

PB2938

Just a theory that the 10A will be normal route to A5 Brownhills West then continue as 10 route to Chasetown then serve Hight Street, sakneys corner, Bridge cross road, springhilk Road then Queen street to White Swan then onto Lichfield but I'm not sure how it will be routes around Burntwood loop. The 10 will be as current evenings as 10 E to Ogley hay A5 filling the gaps. Just a guess I'll wait and see though.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Steveminor

Geminifan.
I don't think nx would run anything into Rugby as this would put them in competition with Stagecoach & there is a big big difference between competing with Arriva & competing with Stagecoach.

winston

Quote from: woody38 on June 11, 2018, 07:45:19 AM
Because the i54 funding expired and there's not enough passangers to operate the 154 without a subsidy.

Westy

Had a quick chat with my old manager earlier, as he said he knew a couple of people at Walsall, & he told me one of the people he knew had been told that they were on the rota for the Lichfield route.

(Surely they are just recreating the 394 circa 1984?)

monkeyjoe

Did the 394/ 395 go to Lichfield then ? I don't remember them doing that

BusMan Greg

This service is similar to Arriva's 61 service between Walsall & Lichfield which got withdrawn in 2011. Except this don't go through boney hay

Westy

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 11, 2018, 07:47:47 PM
Did the 394/ 395 go to Lichfield then ? I don't remember them doing that

I can double check but the 394 definetly did.

Dennis

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on June 11, 2018, 04:12:32 AM
I quite like this. I quite like the idea of WN running routes to Telford, WA also branching out more to Cannock and I welcome this Lichfield extension. I suppose operating to Tamworth may be pushing it. Could CV potentially run a route to Rugby ? I understand while all this is nice to think about, its relative to demand and other factors such as costs and what not. NX pushing the county boundaries is quite exciting. Fare boundaries would need assessing I would imagine.

Why would NX want to run to Rugby when the existing routes are all part subsidised?

paulb1973

Quote from: Dennis on June 11, 2018, 09:38:02 PM
Why would NX want to run to Rugby when the existing routes are all part subsidised?

Its a fair old way too, around 12 miles - with not much in between Coventry and Rugby. Bedworth, Leamington and Kenilworth etc are a bit nearer!

Westy

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Diamond's 35.

Arriva couldn't make the old 61 pay, which is why we have the current 35, besides providing a Walsall to Lichfield link, also provides a Walsall to Aldridge link which is subsidised, I believe.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk