News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

10A to Lichfield from 22nd of July

Started by Michael Bevan, June 10, 2018, 05:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

Just been sent this by a friend of mine. Apparently the 10 will be renumbered the 10A from the 22nd of July...

https://brownhillsbob.com/2018/06/10/a-great-new-bus-service-to-lichfield-starts-this-summer/

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 10, 2018, 05:32:23 PM
Just been sent this by a friend of mine. Apparently the 10 will be renumbered the 10A from the 22nd of July...

https://brownhillsbob.com/2018/06/10/a-great-new-bus-service-to-lichfield-starts-this-summer/
When was there last a Sunday service from Walsall to Lichfield?
Tony

winston

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 10, 2018, 05:32:23 PM

What happens to the existing 10A's?

Tony

It is the 10 that is being extended. The 10A just gets a route variation in Brownhills to cover a bit that the 10 is missing

BusMan Greg

metrocity

Quote from: BusMan Greg on June 10, 2018, 06:06:03 PM
But do you think it will make money
Arriva carry good loads between Burntwood and Lichfield. The 10 extension will make a dent into those loads, especially if the new route will operate within the 'local daysaver' boundary

BusMan Greg

Do you think the allocations could contribute to Arriva's performance on the Cannock-Lichfield Corridor. They will probobly allocate some MMC's

Tony

metrocity

Quote from: Tony on June 10, 2018, 07:09:55 PM
The link to the timetable is here
https://i1.wp.com/brownhillsbob.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/10A-Lichfield-timetable_000001.jpg?ssl=1
Restoring the missing Sunday link between Burntwood and Lichfield too. I think this makes it the only bus service in Lichfield on a Sunday following the April cuts

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Tony on June 10, 2018, 06:04:44 PM
It is the 10 that is being extended. The 10A just gets a route variation in Brownhills to cover a bit that the 10 is missing

I believe it is actually the 10A being extended as it says "10A" on the timetable, and also states "Coppice Road, Maybrook Road" on the timetable which is where the 10A variation currently serves. I've been told the 10 will do the Brownhills West loop like the 10A does currently.

Tony

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 10, 2018, 09:43:08 PM
I believe it is actually the 10A being extended as it says "10A" on the timetable, and also states "Coppice Road, Maybrook Road" on the timetable which is where the 10A variation currently serves. I've been told the 10 will do the Brownhills West loop like the 10A does currently.

It the current 10 that is being extended from Burntwood to Lichfield, but the numbering is going to be the other way around.

Westy

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on June 10, 2018, 05:36:33 PM
When was there last a Sunday service from Walsall to Lichfield?

I think either Petes Travel or Choice did a service more for the benefit of Lichfield people coming into Walsall, I would say 15 to 20 years ago.

Before that WMPTE 394 to Lichfield finished (I think?) before the October 1985 North Division final timetable was issued.

If someone wants me to look it up, as I have the timetables & maps from 1969 intermittedly up to now for the Walsall area, I'll do so.

Westy

@Tony What pricing is available, because Daysaver Plus, as per the 54 to Stafford, ought to be valid, if normal Daysaver isn't valid?

The Fox 4846

I guess it only means there could be more incentive to have a permanent Cannock to Brum link on the X51 either 60, 30 or every 20 mins. Good news, hopefully Nx can compete with some dreadful Arriva operations.
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

winston

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on June 10, 2018, 11:48:40 PM
I guess it only means there could be more incentive to have a permanent Cannock to Brum link on the X51 either 60, 30 or every 20 mins. Good news, hopefully Nx can compete with some dreadful Arriva operations.

NX seem to be slowly spreading their wings across the boundary in to traditional Arriva territory, it will be interesting to see how the extenison is received by the local bus users. Fair play to NX for introducing a new daily commercial extension.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk