News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

1 April 2018 service changes

Started by PB2938, February 26, 2018, 10:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

You probably get a decent service as well, if you live on the same road/route as the local bus garage!

Bob

Quote from: Tony on February 26, 2018, 10:20:59 PM
Midland Red North were a private company and used even more unsuitable Ford Transits and LDV Sherpas on routes. The PTE was fine as long as you lived near a main road, or next door to a councillor. But my point isn't about which idea is better. It is just pointing out that a service completely under control of politicians is even more at the whim of whoever is in power at the time than the current system, so when a council cuts subsidised services like many are now chances are the same would happen with a privatised company, and possibly even more by draining any money from profitable services.

Only from 1988 ( MRN) and they used transits on several defunct routes thst no longer exist ( 27/28 23 etc) which penetrated local housing estates. These complimented full sized bus routes not replaced them

Tony

Quote from: Bob on February 27, 2018, 05:37:48 AM
Only from 1988 ( MRN) and they used transits on several defunct routes thst no longer exist ( 27/28 23 etc) which penetrated local housing estates. These complimented full sized bus routes not replaced them

They were on the Pye Green, and were used when needed anywhere, same as the buses you're moaning about

Bob

Yes and also serving pye green road were full size buses on 862 up to the Piper, up to Stadium on 838 and all the way on 301! 862 complimented belt road circular and X31 and 156 served Chadsmoor

BusMan Greg

Pitty they couldn't finish the evening services at 8pm at least. I used to catch the 154 from wolves when coming from the train station after going on train trips which last till about 6pm, if im lucky during the rush hour and how reliable London midland was lol. Now i feel that i have to rush back to wolves for the last bus home. Cant see them going for much longer now

Bob

Hopefully theyll cut the losses and do one...stafford must be haemorraging money considering they usually get cannocks crappest vehicles...although that isnt saying a lot

Bob

Last bus to wolves on a sat 5.16pm??? Thats ridiculous! Presumably in the week nobody finishes work after half 5? Good god

the trainbasher

Quote from: Bob on March 08, 2018, 08:52:20 PM
Last bus to wolves on a sat 5.16pm??? Thats ridiculous! Presumably in the week nobody finishes work after half 5? Good god

Well if it isn't being used, why should operators run it and why should taxpayers fund it?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Westy

Isnt there changes to services to other operators operating in Staffs, besides Arriva, Nx & Select Buses & also parts of South Staffs, such as Perton, Wombourne & Codsall?

Bob

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 08, 2018, 09:55:28 PM
Well if it isn't being used, why should operators run it and why should taxpayers fund it?

All of them are used...just not enough to be profitable.people rely on them to get to and from woek like my aunt who works nights in stafford starting at 1030 pm. And many others. You obviously dont understand what socially necessary means.

Loads of other public services dont make a profit maybe we should close all parks, leisure centres libraries?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Bob on March 09, 2018, 06:36:57 AM
All of them are used...just not enough to be profitable.people rely on them to get to and from woek like my aunt who works nights in stafford starting at 1030 pm. And many others. You obviously dont understand what socially necessary means.

Loads of other public services dont make a profit maybe we should close all parks, leisure centres libraries?

Well if it isn't covering it's costs, then why should the taxpayer subsidise it?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Smethwickian

Quote from: Westy on March 08, 2018, 10:31:15 PM
Isnt there changes to services to other operators operating in Staffs, besides Arriva, Nx & Select Buses & also parts of South Staffs, such as Perton, Wombourne & Codsall?

Hopefully a full list  at https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/transport/publictransport/buses/Plan-your-journey/Forthcomingbusservice.aspx sometime soon.

Straightlines

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 09, 2018, 11:33:57 AM
Well if it isn't covering it's costs, then why should the taxpayer subsidise it?

Given I understand you work in the public sector for one of our local authorities, I find your constant negativity surrounding subsidised bus services and the pointless FOI Requests most ironic!

Bob

Hes said before hes a Tory. Nuff said😂😂😂😂😂

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk