News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Next Stop Announcments

Started by Jack D, February 24, 2018, 09:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack D

Hi, Just want to say that the announcments on X12 are wrong at some points, Green lane Post office - there is no post office. And after Heathway it says the next stop is millington road when it is shawsdale road.

Jack

Quote from: Jack D on February 24, 2018, 09:25:19 AM
Hi, Just want to say that the announcments on X12 are wrong at some points, Green lane Post office - there is no post office. And after Heathway it says the next stop is millington road when it is shawsdale road.
They do say Shawdale Road. If they stop at the Shawsdale Road stop then it will say Shawsdale Road. The announcements say 'Bromford Road, Bromford Lane' but the flag actually says 'Bromford Road, Bromford Drive'

Jack D

After 'Heathway' it says 'Next stop is Millington road'

Stu

Noticed today and on Monday that the next-stop announcements on BC's Platinums have been 'redone'.

Not very well, it all seems messed up. While travelling from Swan Island to Bordesley station on the X1 and X2, the scrolling display changes correctly (with the welcome addition of the current time being displayed) however the audio next-stop announcement plays as the bus is approaching (or passing) the stop. Not very helpful for visually-impaired passengers!
Also, Deakins Road is being announced again, despite not being served by these routes.
Then the display goes dead after Kings Road, while travelling along Small Heath Highway.
Can they be put back how they were please?  :-\
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Dom

Quote from: Stu on March 07, 2018, 07:00:28 PM
Noticed today and on Monday that the next-stop announcements on BC's Platinums have been 'redone'.

Not very well, it all seems messed up. While travelling from Swan Island to Bordesley station on the X1 and X2, the scrolling display changes correctly (with the welcome addition of the current time being displayed) however the audio next-stop announcement plays as the bus is approaching (or passing) the stop. Not very helpful for visually-impaired passengers!

Welcome to the world of WN, PB & PN.

Jack

Also, Deakins Road is being announced again, despite not being served by these routes.
Then the display goes dead after Kings Road, while travelling along Small Heath Highway.
Presume the same has been done to the X61?
Shame they can't be like AG's.

MasterPlan

Yeah I noticed this as well. They seem very out of sync at the moment. No point saying 'the next stop is...' when you're already arriving at that stop.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Mike K

I noticed this on 6890 this evening. Phil Upton now has 2 other cronies helping him with the announcements - one strange voice doing 'the next stop is' and Phil and another bloke sharing the rest of the announcements. On reaching the Harborne swimming baths stop, there is also a further announcement saying 'change here for the Outer Circle'.

DJ

Has there ever been announcements on the WN 1? I caught one earlier and there weren't any, although the screen was working showing the next stop. I can't remember if there was any in the past since I've barely ever caught it.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on March 07, 2018, 10:05:17 PM
I noticed this on 6890 this evening. Phil Upton now has 2 other cronies helping him with the announcements - one strange voice doing 'the next stop is' and Phil and another bloke sharing the rest of the announcements. On reaching the Harborne swimming baths stop, there is also a further announcement saying 'change here for the Outer Circle'.

Yeah there's also a "Moor Street, Queensway, change here for Moor Street Station". I like it to be honest.

Also, all of them are involved with Barnes Hill, Asda. Phil says Barnes Hill and then they other guy mutters something that sounds a little like Asda.

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: DJ98 on March 07, 2018, 10:44:20 PM
Has there ever been announcements on the WN 1? I caught one earlier and there weren't any, although the screen was working showing the next stop. I can't remember if there was any in the past since I've barely ever caught it.
Yes, they were made by a female voice with a Black Country 'twang'.
Tony

DJ

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on March 08, 2018, 07:53:07 AM
Yes, they were made by a female voice with a Black Country 'twang'.

I think I do remember hearing that a year or two ago when I caught the 1 up to Wolverhampton from Dudley, but as I said, there weren't any yesterday, at least on the bus I was on. Have the announcements been removed from all of them now or did I just manage to get on one that wasn't working?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Dom

Quote from: DJ98 on March 08, 2018, 09:37:00 AM
I think I do remember hearing that a year or two ago when I caught the 1 up to Wolverhampton from Dudley, but as I said, there weren't any yesterday, at least on the bus I was on. Have the announcements been removed from all of them now or did I just manage to get on one that wasn't working?

Got one that wasn't working 

MasterPlan

On the 29 between Asda and California Way it says "Barnes Hill, Stonehouse Lane" but it doesn't stop there.

Mike K

Currently on 6885 entering the city centre and on passing Centenary Square the next stop announcement said "Woodside Way". Where on earth is that? Random.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk