News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cardew

Quote from: LiamsTransport1 on January 03, 2024, 01:36:02 PM323212 leaves WMT tomorrow heading for Wolverton, 323220 will follow it at the weekend.

The units will go through handback repairs before transfer to allerton.

With the inevitable increase of rammed 3 car units on the cross city for months until the new trains arrives. Theres one on today. Terrific.

LiamsTransport1

Quote from: cardew on January 03, 2024, 01:46:11 PMWith the inevitable increase of rammed 3 car units on the cross city for months until the new trains arrives. Theres one on today. Terrific.
I think these will be the last transfers until the new units come in now as stated in the Rail mag which had the information about these two units going this month.

Hopefully the impact won't be too major
Local routes: 19/20/20A/27/39/39A/49/55/63/145/202

ellspurs

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on January 02, 2024, 08:50:19 PMHow about the 51 I do believe that stops near doesn't it. Or it used to
Yeah the 51 stops there. 

Cheese

Quote from: LiamsTransport1 on January 03, 2024, 02:47:57 PMI think these will be the last transfers until the new units come in now as stated in the Rail mag which had the information about these two units going this month.

Hopefully the impact won't be too major
Think there was more than one short formed today, the 1715 Redditch was only a 3 car so many left behind (that service wasn't mentioned on the WMR app as short formed) luckily the 1723 Bromsgrove behind was 6 car.

LiamsTransport1

Quote from: Cheese on January 04, 2024, 08:05:58 PM(that service wasn't mentioned on the WMR app as short formed)
For some reason, they not displaying which ones are short formed anymore, I did put a request in to WMT on Twitter about it back in November, All I got back was they passed it on to relevant people to look into it. 

Wba_lad

I've just seen a post on Facebook, 196 107, 4 coach unit, was used on the Birmingham new street to Hereford line today, I didn't think 4 coach units was allowed on the line, I thought it had to be 2 2 coach units making the 4 coach formation, the reason I was told the 4 coach units was not allowed on that line was due to university station something to do with guard/conductor having restricted view. 

uniquicity

Changed since the December timetable, the 4 car 196s pull up right to the end of platform 1 to negate the sighting issues. Bloody long walk from that end to the current exit though

LiamsTransport1

cardew

Quote from: Cheese on January 04, 2024, 08:05:58 PMThink there was more than one short formed today, the 1715 Redditch was only a 3 car so many left behind (that service wasn't mentioned on the WMR app as short formed) luckily the 1723 Bromsgrove behind was 6 car.
The social media team at WMR are going to need thick skins for a few months. Totally foreseeable.

Wba_lad

Have any details been released of when any of the 730s will be out in service,

Tony

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 16, 2024, 10:31:35 AMHave any details been released of when any of the 730s will be out in service,
See my post previously.

Already in service on London - Tring services, In the West Midlands first passenger carrying journey is expected to be 29th January

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on January 16, 2024, 01:00:59 PMSee my post previously.

Already in service on London - Tring services, In the West Midlands first passenger carrying journey is expected to be 29th January
Yeah I know some of the West Midlands railway was helping out London northwestern railway for the London Euston to tring line.

I was more talking about the ones coming into service on the cross city line or any lines oporated by West Midlands railway. So 29th January is the date and any ideas what time and line it will be on please?

BK63 YWP

QuoteYeah I know some of the West Midlands railway was helping out London northwestern railway for the London Euston to tring line.

I was more talking about the ones coming into service on the cross city line or any lines oporated by West Midlands railway. So 29th January is the date and any ideas what time and line it will be on please?
Walsall to wolves and not confirmed yet which service 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: BK63 YWP on January 16, 2024, 03:05:38 PMWalsall to wolves and not confirmed yet which service
The first few days is just one journey, not Walsall to Wolverhampton, but I have been asked not to disclose the exact journey 

Tony

Entry into service of the 730s in the West Midlands has been delayed by another two weeks, so won't be happening today.

Now due to be on the 12th Feb. From 13th Feb hopefully the diagram that starts with the 06:18 Wolverhampton to Walsall will be the first regular use

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk