News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

INIT - Ticket Machines

Started by Jack D, September 28, 2017, 07:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Interesting. It's definitely noticeable now buses have the new machines, I'd assume then that they are programmed to not bother saying "early 1" then just telling the driver "on time"?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

What is the printed bold letters on the top of tickets for? FORT and GRIT are 2 I've came across?

Westy

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 03, 2018, 11:45:37 AM
What is the printed bold letters on the top of tickets for? FORT and GRIT are 2 I've came across?

Isn't it for security reasons, so the local lowlifes can't reuse their 3 month old Daysavers?

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 03, 2018, 11:45:37 AM

I believe it is a 'word of the day', as Westy points out for security purposes to stop people 'recycling' tickets  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stu on February 03, 2018, 12:48:21 PM
I believe it is a 'word of the day', as Westy points out for security purposes to stop people 'recycling' tickets  :D

That's a very good idea.

John

Quote from: Stu on February 03, 2018, 12:48:21 PM

Doesn't stop people though

the trainbasher

It's a bit backwards though, especially as operators such as Diamond are using Barcodes which are much more secure

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 03, 2018, 01:58:21 PM
It's a bit backwards though, especially as operators such as Diamond are using Barcodes which are much more secure
First are also using QR codes and barcode scanners as well as Diamond.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 03, 2018, 01:58:21 PM

No more secure, some one wants to use a dodgy ticket they will try it. NX didn't want to use them because they slow boarding down.

You can photocopy a QR code and a machine isn't going to notice what paper it is on. A human eye stands more chance

DJ

Quote from: Tony on February 03, 2018, 02:29:33 PM
No more secure, some one wants to use a dodgy ticket they will try it. NX didn't want to use them because they slow boarding down.

You can photocopy a QR code and a machine isn't going to notice what paper it is on. A human eye stands more chance

Wouldn't the QR code change each day though, meaning that you can't just photocopy an old ticket and re-use it?

I guess it'd work for stuff like a weekly ticket, but the majority of people buy day tickets from what I can tell.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Gareth

Quote from: DJ98 on February 03, 2018, 06:16:52 PM
Wouldn't the QR code change each day though, meaning that you can't just photocopy an old ticket and re-use it?

I guess it'd work for stuff like a weekly ticket, but the majority of people buy day tickets from what I can tell.

But you could also photocopy a QR coded day ticket and give it to 50 of your friends. And as Tony has said it will slow down boarding.

Tony

I am doing a day on the coaches tomorrow. I will be dealing with passengers with QR tickets, and have a QR scanner. With print yourself coach tickets it is possible to print two off and give one to a friend, and I have that happen once.

With coach tickets it is easy to identify now we have the scanners because both need to be used on the same service. With bus tickets they could be being used all over a city.

dingding

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Sayeed

Quote from: dingding on February 03, 2018, 07:22:23 PM
Good idea!

It sure is. I remember few months back where passenger got on the coach but on the opposite direction. Driver did announced where the coach heading to but that passenger didn't raised concern until Coventry...
Век живи - век учись

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk