News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

INIT - Ticket Machines

Started by Jack D, September 28, 2017, 07:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan

What garage is next for new ticket machine fitting please
my local routes are:

NXWM: 72 72A 17 73
igo 99
sunny travel 71E
r.k. travel 72 and further down the road the 73

Tony

Quote from: Jordan on January 21, 2018, 01:45:17 AM
What garage is next for new ticket machine fitting please

The team are moving to Yardley Wood from Tuesday

Jordan

my local routes are:

NXWM: 72 72A 17 73
igo 99
sunny travel 71E
r.k. travel 72 and further down the road the 73

Gareth

My driver today made use of the built in ticket roll holder. Perfect size as a take away cup holder!

Dom

Quote from: Gareth on January 21, 2018, 07:04:03 PM
My driver today made use of the built in ticket roll holder. Perfect size as a take away cup holder!

It's a brilliant fit as well!

Solo1

Why has it taken till now to get the new ticket machines
The amount of passengers that have used old tickets but now that can't  which is a good thing

Westy

A couple of questions.

Would I be right in thinking that fare dodging has gone down in the areas that have the new machines, due to the daily word change on the tickets.

A question probably @Tony could best answer, as he's probably done a lot of these.

I'm now currently in the position of being able to renew my red Nx branded Swift Card on Thursdays rather than Fridays, as I'm now closer to Walsall Travel Shop & able to leave work earlier than before in my new job, than I was able to with my old job(but things may change again sooner or later!).

If I place my renewed ticket receipt earlier than the start date, or forget to change the receipt over, in my wallet, am I likely to get done by the inspector, even though I've renewed it & could prove it?

What actually gets checked? Is it the Swift Card itself, as the inspectors the other week were doing a check on tickets at Walsall on the 529's & he put the card on his mobile phone(I guess there's an app on there?), but he looked at the paper receipt & was satisfied.

Tony

Quote from: Westy on January 21, 2018, 09:08:54 PM
A couple of questions.

Would I be right in thinking that fare dodging has gone down in the areas that have the new machines, due to the daily word change on the tickets.

A question probably @Tony could best answer, as he's probably done a lot of these.

I'm now currently in the position of being able to renew my red Nx branded Swift Card on Thursdays rather than Fridays, as I'm now closer to Walsall Travel Shop & able to leave work earlier than before in my new job, than I was able to with my old job(but things may change again sooner or later!).

If I place my renewed ticket receipt earlier than the start date, or forget to change the receipt over, in my wallet, am I likely to get done by the inspector, even though I've renewed it & could prove it?

What actually gets checked? Is it the Swift Card itself, as the inspectors the other week were doing a check on tickets at Walsall on the 529's & he put the card on his mobile phone(I guess there's an app on there?), but he looked at the paper receipt & was satisfied.

The app on the phone is what they go by It reads what is on the card and shows if it is in date or not

Westy

Quote from: Tony on January 21, 2018, 09:31:57 PM
The app on the phone is what they go by It reads what is on the card and shows if it is in date or not

Cheers

MW

Can you use these new machines with gloves on? I'm assuming that they're touch screen.

Dom

Quote from: MW on January 21, 2018, 11:13:51 PM
Can you use these new machines with gloves on? I'm assuming that they're touch screen.

If you have touchscreen gloves.

DJ

Quote from: Westy on January 21, 2018, 09:08:54 PM

I'd presume it'd have some effect. I had an uncle on one side of the family that I no longer talk to, that used to print off his own tickets and sell them, back before the hologram stuff was introduced. I'm pretty sure he stopped a good few years ago, presumably because people were getting caught too much with them. It would likely be easier these days to somehow reverse engineer the ticket app, so that you can get the right colours in the background, but I'm sure NXWM have thought of that already and introduced a bunch of security stuff into it.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

B.C Driver

Theres been a couple of times Ive gone to press a city hop and issued a daysaver by mistake. And my fingers arnt big either!
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Tony

The first YW buses fitted with the new machines should be  out today

MW

Quote from: Tony on January 24, 2018, 08:50:26 AM
The first YW buses fitted with the new machines should be  out today

Is it the same machine as Diamond?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk