News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham BusBash - Sunday 10th September 2017.

Started by 2206, August 26, 2017, 10:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Kevin on September 11, 2017, 10:38:06 AM
They probably came later then, I left about half 12 and hadn't heard any horns really up to that point
The only noise I heard was the NX driver trying to start the Arriva bus and instead finding the alarm

Yes it was later in the afternoon they started. Not as mad as other events but still annoying all the same

Jack

Quote from: John on September 11, 2017, 11:05:16 AM
Yes it was later in the afternoon they started. Not as mad as other events but still annoying all the same
About 1:30PM it started. It gave me a headache causing me to leave the event.

P419 EJW

Well, in that case, I'm glad I caught 4181 at the 12:40 departure and came back to Cannon Hill on 4183 at 13:52. Didn't hear any horns when I got back.

nxwestmidlands1844

BK63 YWP

Quote from: nxwestmidlands1844 on September 11, 2017, 08:14:08 PM
It was a bit of an accident. Sorry Guys  ;)

Really? Letting yourself in to 5514 to change all the destination boards, you did it at pensnett also. Don't see me getting into the cabs and beeping the horns.

Though ringing the garage by accident in 865 on pensnett was my bad....
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

MW

How come nobody did anything with the attack alarms? Or don't they know where the switches are lol

Jack

Quote from: nxwestmidlands1844 on September 11, 2017, 08:14:08 PM
It was a bit of an accident. Sorry Guys  ;)
No it wasn't. You constantly were on 5514 beeping the horn, you did the same once you entered 2201. Was it you who told me to 'have a good day' aswell? lol. I got into the cabs and put up some different Destination boards, but I didn't touch the horns. Thanks for giving me a head ache.

james99

Beeping the horns was wrong.
I never sat in any cab, although I did sit on some buses (standing up all day did my legs in).

Im sure a driver sitting on one bus said it was ok to change the destinations, but people weren't allowed to beep horns.
I believe it was the driver on the E400H that said that, especially since he helped someone with the displays at least once.

Jack

Quote from: james99 on September 11, 2017, 09:59:20 PM
Beeping the horns was wrong.
I never sat in any cab, although I did sit on some buses (standing up all day did my legs in).

Im sure a driver sitting on one bus said it was ok to change the destinations, but people weren't allowed to beep horns.
I believe it was the driver on the E400H that said that, especially since he helped someone with the displays at least once.
I was allowed. But I think beeping the horns was just naughty. I sat in the cabs, but I never even wanted to touch the horns. I was more interested in getting photos of the interiors. 3301's cab is nice.

james99

Quote from: Jack on September 11, 2017, 10:53:40 PM
I was allowed. But I think beeping the horns was just naughty. I sat in the cabs, but I never even wanted to touch the horns. I was more interested in getting photos of the interiors. 3301's cab is nice.
Yeah I agree, messing with the horns is wrong.

You're like me then, because I mostly wanted to get cab photos at Pensnett and also change a few displays.

You certainly were allowed to sit in them, I never said you werent. After all, it was a driver that said you're allowed.

Tony

Metrobus 2462 which is privately owned, when left unattended had a broom handle, used as a fuel dip stick across the doors to stop entry.

Someone pushed the doors so hard they snapped the broom stick in two.

Who do these people thing they are that they can force their way onto unattended private property?

james99

Quote from: Tony on September 12, 2017, 10:34:42 AM
Metrobus 2462 which is privately owned, when left unattended had a broom handle, used as a fuel dip stick across the doors to stop entry.

Someone pushed the doors so hard they snapped the broom stick in two.

Who do these people thing they are that they can force their way onto unattended private property?

Now that is completely inappropriate. People shouldnt even attempt to enter a bus if they don't have permission. It clearly said no entry on it.
I hope no one tried to enter using the emergency exit.

Jack

Quote from: james99 on September 12, 2017, 04:11:40 PM
Now that is completely inappropriate. People shouldnt even attempt to enter a bus if they don't have permission. It clearly said no entry on it.
I hope no one tried to enter using the emergency exit.
People were entering the Citaro and the Diamond, even though there was signs clearly saying, No Entry! It makes me wonder if some people were half asleep. People were pulling the Scania doors so they could enter them.
I'm starting to think Mr. Horn Beeper was to blame for forcing 2462's doors to open.

Quote from: Jack on September 12, 2017, 07:00:56 PM
People were entering the Citaro and the Diamond, even though there was signs clearly saying, No Entry!
Must have put them up later then as at 10am they were letting people and inviting them onboard on the Citaro.

I Noticed some kids were starting up Arriva 4407 though, I overheard that they were 14.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on September 12, 2017, 07:04:23 PM
Must have put them up later as at 10am they were letting people and inviting them onboard on the Citaro.

I Noticed kids were starting up Arriva 4407 though, I overheard that they were 14.
It was 12:15 I arrived and there was signs on the other operators row.
Next thing I knew was that I was barred off 4282 lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk