News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Scania N94U's (6022-6032)

Started by YN64AOG, August 06, 2017, 10:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

They are horrible, they use too much fuel and take up too much space in garages, never liked bendi buses, thank goodness they're out of service and hopefully we never see bendi buses again !!

Jack

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 07, 2017, 12:44:54 PM
They are horrible, they use too much fuel and take up too much space in garages, never liked bendi buses, thank goodness they're out of service and hopefully we never see bendi buses again !!
The Citaro's in Coventry are good bendi buses. The Scania's were terrible though, slow and unreliable. I know drivers hated them.

Tony

Quote from: Jack B on August 07, 2017, 04:38:03 PM
The Citaro's in Coventry are good bendi buses. The Scania's were terrible though, slow and unreliable. I know drivers hated them.

The Citaros are not good buses, that's why two have already been withdrawn and  Coventry very rarely get more than 5 of the remaining 8 out at any time

Jack

Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2017, 05:23:33 PM
The Citaros are not good buses, that's why two have already been withdrawn and  Coventry very rarely get more than 5 of the remaining 8 out at any time
The Citaro's aren't that bad. They survived longer than the Scania's did. The only downfall is the brakes and the interiors, though nothing will happen now though.

markcf83

Cardiff Bus have identical buses in their fleet. Perhaps one or two might be offered to them.....
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Tony

Quote from: Jack B on August 07, 2017, 06:46:51 PM
The Citaro's aren't that bad. They survived longer than the Scania's did. The only downfall is the brakes and the interiors, though nothing will happen now though.

And the turntables, and the engines, and the fuel consumption, and a lot of other expensive things. They only survived longer because of where they happened to be allocated when the first SQPS came in

YN64AOG

Quote from: Jack B on August 07, 2017, 04:38:03 PM

The Citaro's are a much more ncommon type of bendi, though (compared to Scanias)

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

Tony

Quote from: YN64AOG on August 07, 2017, 09:33:05 PM
The Citaro's are a much more ncommon type of bendi, though (compared to Scanias)

There's far more Scanias in service than Citaros, Check out Cardiff, Manchester & Heathrow

DeanM66A

Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2017, 09:36:04 PM
There's far more Scanias in service than Citaros, Check out Cardiff, Manchester & Heathrow
Which I think is very different from Western Europe.  I have very few photos of articulated Scanias - the only place I can find a photo of one at the moment is Berlin.  Mercedes account for 50% of my photos of articulated buses.  MAN is a comfortable second with Solaris and Irisbus some way behind. 
I'd be interested to see figures of total production of articulateds but my impression is that Scania is a minor player. 

YN64AOG

Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2017, 09:36:04 PM

And London?  Cornwall?  East Midlands?  York? Scotlnd?

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

Tony

Quote from: YN64AOG on August 08, 2017, 08:41:13 AM
And London?  Cornwall?  East Midlands?  York? Scotlnd?

Add the totals up (London - 0)

Now look how many Scanias Cardiff Transport Have; First in Manchester have; Menzies at Heathrow Airport have and you will see the Scanias win!

Jack

Quote from: Tony on August 08, 2017, 08:47:45 AM

Now look how many Scanias Cardiff Transport Have; First in Manchester have; Menzies at Heathrow Airport have and you will see the Scanias win!
I wonder if they were just as crap as NX's.

YN64AOG

London had lots!

Tony

Quote from: YN64AOG on August 08, 2017, 01:35:05 PM
London had lots!

But my quote was that there were more Scanias in service

DeanM66A

Perhaps there's somebody out there who has up to date information, but it does surprise me that more Scania artics are working now than Merecedes artics given how much more successful the Citaros are in the rest of the world.
Go Ahead have some Citaros in Brighton, Arriva have some at East Midlands.  Do they still operate at Stansted?  First York? McGills?
And for those who like their Scania artics, here's a nearly new one:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/69947186@N08/35635516513/in/dateposted/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk