News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

South Birmingham Consultation 2017

Started by Stu, July 25, 2017, 08:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Steve3229vp on February 18, 2019, 05:54:02 PM
Surely some of the blame should lie with Birmingham City Council and the Highways Agency for not providing enough bus priorities !

I agree, and that is a point I raised in my comments on the current Birmingham Bus Survey being undertaken by Birmingham City Council.

From reading various comments on social media, most people taking part will just complain about the usual: 'dirty buses', 'always late', 'don't feel safe', 'too expensive' etc. All valid concerns to raise, however there is naff all that the city council can do about those issues as they don't operate the bus services.

If nobody challenges the council with regards to poor highway management, and endless streams of disruptive "improvement works", as well as a failure to deliver adequate bus priority measures as part of these 'improvement works', the council will just assume that "everything is fine then" and just carry on as normal.

There is more about this survey on my website: http://westmidlandsbususers.co.uk/2019/02/birmingham-city-council-bus-survey-have-your-say/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MasterPlan

Quote from: Steve3229vp on February 18, 2019, 05:54:02 PM
Surely some of the blame should lie with Birmingham City Council and the Highways Agency for not providing enough bus priorities !

Some, yes. But NX are not exactly blameless.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Tony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk