News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Minibuses

Started by YN64AOG, March 13, 2017, 11:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YN64AOG

Can anyone help me?

How do I track down the operator of any minibuses I shoot pictures of?
@Tony manages alright.

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

Tony

Quote from: YN63 BYJ on March 13, 2017, 11:28:05 AM
Can anyone help me?

How do I track down the operator of any minibuses I shoot pictures of?
@Tony manages alright.

Where ever possible check for the legal address on the nearside of the vehicle. It is a requirement to display this, but I know a lot of 16 seater operators do not. If one comes past me on the nearside I will normally take a picture of the bus followed by the lettering for the record.

Then if possible check the name on the disc displayed in the windscreen.

For ones that I can't check either on I pay a subscription to both the PSV Circle and Busdata who both try to keep records of every vehicle in the country

All the ones I know about in the West Midlands County are listed in the 'other West Midlands operators section of the main site, although I realise most of the ones you see will be Northamptonshire and Bedfordshire ones

Other Walsall Tony

Or an advanced Google search on the registration might bring something up, but not gaurenteed.
Tony

YN64AOG

Quote from: Tony on March 13, 2017, 11:36:05 AM
Where ever possible check for the legal address on the nearside of the vehicle. It is a requirement to display this, but I know a lot of 16 seater operators do not. If one comes past me on the nearside I will normally take a picture of the bus followed by the lettering for the record.

Then if possible check the name on the disc displayed in the windscreen.

For ones that I can't check either on I pay a subscription to both the PSV Circle and Busdata who both try to keep records of every vehicle in the country

All the ones I know about in the West Midlands County are listed in the 'other West Midlands operators section of the main site, although I realise most of the ones you see will be Northamptonshire and Bedfordshire ones

Good!  I'll try to snap a small picture of the legal writing too.

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

YN64AOG

@Tony how do you work out what types minibuses are?

For example (From Ring + Ride fleetlist on wmbusphotos)

YX 08 FLA    Volkswagon Transporter    WV1ZZZ7JZ8X019152    Bluebird M??L
SF 08 GJV    Volkswagon Transporter    WV3ZZZ7JZ7X007064    Lito B22F
KX 07 HFJ    Mercedes O813D     WDB6703732N127838    UV Moduler Trekka B20FL
KX 07 KPV    Mercedes 413CDI     WDB9046122R956207    Plaxton Pronto B16FL

How do you know the model and body?  (Make is easy enough)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk