News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Stagecoach heritage running day!

Started by Tony, June 16, 2012, 11:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Or it seemed like that yesterday in Rugby!

16458 on the 63
http://wmbusphotos.com/stagecoachMR/16458.html
16729 on the 1
http://wmbusphotos.com/stagecoachMR/16729.html

20216 on the 3
20221 on the 4

also 47038 was on the 12 with Sorry not in service stuck on the destination and a
handwritten piece of A4 stuck in the windscreen for a service number.
http://wmbusphotos.com/stagecoachMR/47038.html

Even Stagecoach beloved by some on here can have bad days!

Justin Tyme

Yes indeed - Rugby's Olympians are essentially for schools services, and the 4 is scheduled for Enviro 200s.

Another Stagecoach route worth looking out for is the 16, Coventry - Stratford.  Anything can appear on this from the oldest (Volvo Olympian or B10M), to the smallest (Optare Solo), and the newest (Scania/Enviro 400)!

Ashley

What routes are operated by the Tridents?

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Ashley on August 19, 2012, 11:47:37 PM
What routes are operated by the Tridents?
One is for use on town service 1 and a school service, the other is a spare.  However, both have been off the road for a while (one after an accident, the other with engine trouble) and I don't know if either are back in use yet.

Incidentally, I understand a partially open top Trident is now in service at Stratford on City Sightseeing work.

jc

the President down at Rugby was on the 10 on saturday so ... and there was an Olympian on the 63/4 ... and a Trident and Olympian on the 67 Rugby boards.

Ashley 4569

Do the Rugby Ollys and Leamington trio of Ollys come into normal service sometimes or if not how easy would it be to get stagecoach to put them out one saturday or something?

Valandil

I had an Olympian on a 63 Rugby -> Leamington the other day at what must have been school kicking out time.
It then went on to a 64a too.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Ashley 4569 on May 07, 2013, 11:02:55 PM
Do the Rugby Ollys and Leamington trio of Ollys come into normal service sometimes or if not how easy would it be to get stagecoach to put them out one saturday or something?

Leamington have just two Olympians left - both spares in theory, so they can appear anywhere.  Rugby has 5, all of which of scheduled for school and college services (including in one case an appearance on service 10, but I don't know which journey).

I guess the chances of them appearing on Saturdays now are not high, because they are not low floor.  Leamington normally has a few Unibus Enviro 400s available on Saturdays, and Rugby's Olympians (which are much older than the rest of the fleet) are only really there for school and college services.

The best bet on a Saturday is Stratford - there are still 5 Olympians there, and I think these get out & about six days a week.

Ashley 4569

I just need 16072 and 16619 from stratford garage, they'll probably be on the 16 on saturday but thanks for the information

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk