News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Photo additions 11th Oct

Started by andy41, October 19, 2015, 05:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T840MAK

Quote from: Mike K on October 22, 2015, 08:28:25 PM
And what an ugly looking thing that 36301 is too.

It'd look much nicer if they'd painted the front properly. Someone did a mock up of it and it looked much nicer.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

D10

Some interesting Midland Red (South) photos.

Is anybody aware of what the X70 route was though. There are 2 photos taken in Birmingham, one shows 351 in Digbeth before heading out to Banbury, whilst the other shows 903 seemingly leaving the Bull Ring Bus Station on route to Whitnash via Leamington also on the X70.

I was only a lad in the 80's in the MR (S) area, but I can't remember any X70 route, but it would seen that there were perhaps 2 at one point or did the X70 serve Leamington first then Banbury?

888DUK

I went to school with Bob, 1966-72 (just plain Cutty as he was known back then) and for around five years we were inseperable as we travelled the length and breadth of the country following our passion for trains and buses.

When he left school he worked as a milkman for a few years, till he was old enough to drive buses for WM out of Perry Barr, it was all he had ever wanted to do.

The two images of the Manchester electrics (26035 and 26057) Tony has put on site yesterday brought back a whole lot of memories for me as those were taken on one of our trips, remember it as if it was yesterday. We did Reddish MPD that day as well and in those days you didn't bother obtaining permits, we were caught going down the lines inside the shed and left to stew in a room for over half an hour while we assumed they were fetching the police. Eventually the guy came back and handed us two permits but in no uncertain terms left us aware that if he caught us again.................well!! Happy Days :)

I got married in 1976 and we lost contact (as you do) but I caught up with him around ten years ago and had been in contact ever since. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of his passing until around three weeks ago. he was only three days older than myself and it was devastating news to me.

RIP Cutty - Top Bloke.

andy41

What a blessing that he took so many photographs. I never had the courage to use a camera when I used to go on my travels as a kid, I got around virtually the whole MR network weekly in the late 80's and could even have been there when a lot of these MRN photos were taken as I frequently used to see guys photographing while I was there, particularly in Shrewsbury and Tamworth. Incredibly nostalgic to see them and thank God these photos have gone to a good home.

Was just looking at the one of Midland Fox 799. I was always taken aback at the time by what dreadful vehicles these Willowbrooks were. They looked awful in whatever livery they ever received, and were extremely uncomfortable to travel on with some of the worst DP seats I ever sat in. The one we had at Tamworth (806) was hardly ever put out if they could help it and it wasn't there long. I seem to remember the whole batch had an incredibly short lifespan. Does anybody have any knowledge about the creation and early demise of this appalling design of bodywork?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk