News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service Changes 03/01/2016

Started by Adam 404, November 21, 2015, 04:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPC

Quote from: paulb1973 on December 12, 2015, 12:25:32 AM
There's been a shelter at that spot for some years now - although going back many years that wasn't the case - just a pole I presume. The inbound Corporation St bus stop opposite the Co-op (by the Jaguar pub) seems to have been re-positioned closer to the pub entrance, is there any reason for that? Seems fine where it was!

Yeah, vaguely remember getting off the 900 here in the mid-nineties when the stop was listed in the timetable as Equity & Law house, A Centro green post springs to mind.
I suppose the Jaguar stop was moved/extended because two buses here resulted in the Hill Street junction being blocked, the end bit of the pavement which juts out came in handy though whenever another bus was in the bay.

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on December 12, 2015, 05:43:43 PM
Yeah, vaguely remember getting off the 900 here in the mid-nineties when the stop was listed in the timetable as Equity & Law house, A Centro green post springs to mind.
I suppose the Jaguar stop was moved/extended because two buses here resulted in the Hill Street junction being blocked, the end bit of the pavement which juts out came in handy though whenever another bus was in the bay.

For a while in the early/mid 2000's, Centro installed, somewhat unexpectedly, one [possibly two] green old-style Abacus cantilever shelters at this location. I walked past yesterday in the rain - clearance is tight, but one cantilever shelter probably could be squeezed in. There has certainly been, in the last 4-5 years, at lot of changes to the city-centre bus stops and shelters. Some removed and re-installed at the same location - some in a different location. I can't recall so much change taking place!

JoNi

Looking at all stops new 21 timetable towards Wood End it imply it proceeds via Fairfax Street, Trinity Street, stopping at Primark, Burges stopping by Transport Museum then onward to Wood End as before!!

JPC

Quote from: JoNi on December 13, 2015, 02:51:58 PM
Looking at all stops new 21 timetable towards it imply it proceeds via Fairfax Street, Trinity Street, stopping at Primark, Burges stopping by Transport Museum then onward to Wood End as before!!

I was referring to the permanent route (before Corporation Street roadworks) which is now being revised in the Wood End direction.
It seems the future timetable on Traveline was updated/corrected around the time of my post, at end of business Friday, to include Primark and Transport Museum loop.  The Primark stop I imagine will be a loading stop as I expect many people will want to board there, the future stop opposite Old Fire Station isn't on the timetable database yet but it's still possible the service moves there from Transport museum about two weeks afterwards - wait and see what happens.
The only other possibilities for the new bus stop would be service 6/6A, which has no revisions planned, or as an additional stop on Diamond's X30/31, unlikely to be exclusively this.

JPC

Some more short notice Route and Timetable revisions have appeared on Vosa today.... 6/6A, 10, 18/18A/19 plus the 21 again. All have Corporation St in common but that may not be relevant.
So it's now possible the new shelter opposite OFS is for 6/6A for the benefit of assisting timekeeping not to mention saving some bus station departure charges. ;D

Adam 404

Quote from: JPC on December 16, 2015, 10:44:49 PM
Some more short notice Route and Timetable revisions have appeared on Vosa today.... 6/6A, 10, 18/18A/19 plus the 21 again. All have Corporation St in common but that may not be relevant.
So it's now possible the new shelter opposite OFS is for 6/6A for the benefit of assisting timekeeping not to mention saving some bus station departure charges. ;D
The 4 & 10 could be separated in Pool Meadow possibly then as the 10 is good at following the 4 in as it seems to like running late. Particularly on Sunday's.
(Probably wishful thinking though!)

JPC

http://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/news/city-centre-route-changes-from-3rd-january-2016
NXC confirms the routes which revert back to using Corporation Street, basically as they were before the roadworks except the 8,8A,9,9A which is to remain as current, I wonder why? because there ought to be a link from Rail Station Interchange to the Corporation Street area, so wrong how there is, if you count all operators, around 23 buses per hour and all seemingly continue to run via Council House.
Changes for 18,18A,19 are not mentioned/missing/forgotten about.

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on December 18, 2015, 03:46:22 PM
http://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/news/city-centre-route-changes-from-3rd-january-2016
NXC confirms the routes which revert back to using Corporation Street, basically as they were before the roadworks except the 8,8A,9,9A which is to remain as current, I wonder why? because there ought to be a link from Rail Station Interchange to the Corporation Street area, so wrong how there is, if you count all operators, around 23 buses per hour and all seemingly continue to run via Council House.
Changes for 18,18A,19 are not mentioned/missing/forgotten about.

Yep, its clear the 8/8A/9/9A will run via Little Park Street, Earl St etc in the 'from Rail Station and towards Walsgrave' direction. All the other services have reverted back to their original routings. Not exactly sure of the reason.

Quick question re. the link road at Millennium Place; do all services from the Corporation St/Bishop St/Hales St area using Pool Meadow take a left turn there, go past the Old Fire station then enter the bus station via the 'new' entrance? I've lost track what services use which entrance. On departure do services return the same way? (presumably services intending to use Fairfax St in a roughly easterly direction use the Priory St exit instead?)

Adam 404

Quote from: paulb1973 on December 18, 2015, 10:25:19 PM
Yep, its clear the 8/8A/9/9A will run via Little Park Street, Earl St etc in the 'from Rail Station and towards Walsgrave' direction. All the other services have reverted back to their original routings. Not exactly sure of the reason.

Quick question re. the link road at Millennium Place; do all services from the Corporation St/Bishop St/Hales St area using Pool Meadow take a left turn there, go past the Old Fire station then enter the bus station via the 'new' entrance? I've lost track what services use which entrance. On departure do services return the same way? (presumably services intending to use Fairfax St in a roughly easterly direction use the Priory St exit instead?)
@paulb1973  Most Buses go whichever way around the Bus Station they like. The drivers generally choose as when I stay on the 10 to Eastern Green, sometimes it leaves via Gala Bingo and other times past the fire station. This has been going on during the Milllenium Place closure and well before that as well! It appears to currently be a choice for the driver on how they go into and out of Pool Meadow.

paulb1973

Quote from: Adam 404 on December 19, 2015, 07:44:19 AM
@paulb1973  Most Buses go whichever way around the Bus Station they like. The drivers generally choose as when I stay on the 10 to Eastern Green, sometimes it leaves via Gala Bingo and other times past the fire station. This has been going on during the Milllenium Place closure and well before that as well! It appears to currently be a choice for the driver on how they go into and out of Pool Meadow.

The 10 to Eastern Green departure around 7.30pm last night (19th Dec) left via the newer entrance. It does seem most enter Pool Meadow using that particular way as well. Zooming in on the bus route maps on the NXC website doesn't help (when looking for the exact route details of services using the bus station) its just a bit vague and shows the inbound/outbound bus stops. In fact the Traveline/Centro websites are a bit better with their red & blue lines denoting the service routes.

I note all the University of Warwick/Leamington Spa services using Cox St, Jordan Well, Earl St and Little Park St etc - but I did spot a 12X express service joining the Ring Road at the Swanswell junction heading to, presumably, the Rail Station junction missing out the roads listed. Would that have been a one-off or diverting around road works?

JPC

Funny how there was a 21 timetable dated 3.1.2016 on Traveline but now removed,
Fair enough minds have been changed and seemingly the 21 back through Corporation Street in favour of the similar frequency 8,8a,9,9a (in that direction).
Since the 2012 bus review I've heard stories about the Council complaining about a lack of buses around the Council House area (irony maybe) or perhaps too many buses along Corporation St, but this seems to further imply that.
DeCourcey's 85/585 will revert through Corporation St so I suppose they will lift the confused Concs heading for Walsgrave.
Incidentally CCC says buses will start using the Rail Station Interchange on 3rd Jan, at last.

Adam 404

The Stands at the Rail Station in Coventry have been decided. http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/coventry/coventry.aspx

Buses serving ER1
Services 8/8A to Walsgrave Business Park via Coventry City Centre and Pool Meadow bus station. Services 9/9A to University Hospital via Coventry City Centre and Pool Meadow bus station. Services 85/585 to University Hospital/Rugby via Coventry City Centre and Pool Meadow bus station.

Buses serving ER2
Service 1 to Brade Drive via City Centre and University Hospital.
Service 11/11U/12X to Coventry City Centre.
Service W1A to University of Warwick. Service X30/X31 to Ansty Park.

Buses serving ER3
Service 1 to Chapelfields.
Services 11/11U/12X to Leamington Spa via Warwick University.
Service W1C to University of Warwick.

Buses serving ER4
Services 8/8A from Coventry City Centre will terminate here.
Services 9/9A to Finham.
Services 85/585 from Coventry City Centre will terminate here

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk