News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Incorrect Bus Stop Information

Started by Adam 404, October 14, 2015, 06:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam 404

Centro use an automatic system to create their bus timetable and it does occasionally go wrong...
Here is an example from the Bus Stop at Heath Crescent, Mercer Avenue in Stoke Heath, Coventry
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11114275_1632312733655726_1757576833635453430_n.jpg?oh=a9f815547aa6852e166c59f2d0affe06&oe=568CFBAC
Have you spotted any?

Steveminor

I spot the mistake it says route operated by national express when it should say route operated by Dr who

BU07 LGO

The end bus stop on Frampton way in Pheasey has 997 on the flag (the opposite side to meadow view school) which it does not serve!

Stu

At the 11C stop on Stockfield Road (Swan Island), for some reason it used to show a separate 11A timetable from the main one, and according to the little chart it took six minutes to get from Westley Road to City Hospital  :o

Also, I recall an 11A stop on Sandon Road near Bearwood, where the little chart claimed it was only five minutes to get to Selly Oak Bristol Road, which I always thought was a little ambitious!  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steveminor

Weren't both of those grs timetables. If so then they were probably accurate to what grs was doing lol

Ashley 60171

Stop AC on Stafford Street in Wolverhampton. They've placed a new shelter in but an old timetable as it shows Travel Express on the 11 and the 70 timetable is still up. The other two shelters have been replaced and correct info on display.

Also the bus stop pole on Castlecroft Road, Castlecroft Gardens towards Castlecroft has been missing for nearly 4 weeks since a car hit it.

Gareth

The 55/94 bus stop on Priory Queensway still shows 'buses towards Bromford Bridge' from when the 72 used that stop for a few days when they first moved. Similarly the 56/70/72 stop has wording for the 55/94. It's only been about 3 years.

P419 EJW

Whilst waiting for the X16 in Coventry today, I noticed something incorrect on the timetable poster. See
- yeah, good luck with that lol... ::)

BK63 YWP

Quote from: P419 EJW on November 27, 2015, 11:27:58 PM
Whilst waiting for the X16 in Coventry today, I noticed something incorrect on the timetable poster. See
- yeah, good luck with that lol... ::)

Now that's the definition of an express service
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Kevin

Knew this thread existed somewhere ...

Just want to share what I found in the bus stop on Nechells Park Road / Holborn Hill, Birmingham ... A poster from 21st July 2014 advertising a new 62C service around Dunstall Hill, Wolverhampton...
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4609

Quote from: Kevin on January 05, 2016, 01:06:00 PM

Just want to share what I found in the bus stop on Nechells Park Road / Holborn Hill, Birmingham ... A poster from 21st July 2014 advertising a new 62C service around Dunstall Hill, Wolverhampton...

Which no longer operates and hasn't for a long while...

John

Quote from: Kevin on January 05, 2016, 01:06:00 PM

Similar to the one I saw in Coventry yesterday. At the new stops on Corporation Street there is a bus stop flag pole with the 71/72/966 does not stop here anymore, now stop on Station Street.

Also none of the new totem poles at the new Coventry Station interchange were displaying their routes. All of them said stop not in use, and buses seemed to be using any of the 3 to stop at

Stu

You'd think that if they're going to recycle old bus shelters, they'd at least take the old posters off.  ::)

Or stop sticking up notices printed on that vinyl stuff that's impossible to remove.  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BU07 LGO

Slightly off topic but whoes idea was it to put black bus stop flags on the platinum routes?!

They're hard to see at night and reflect no light!

Westy

Quote from: BU07 LGO on January 10, 2016, 08:52:12 PM
Slightly off topic but whoes idea was it to put black bus stop flags on the platinum routes?!

They're hard to see at night and reflect no light!

Lets hope they last longer than the blue & white ones as they get faded after so long.

Stafford Street, The Prince Northbound out of Walsall is a good example.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk