News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

National Express WM Coventry and Dundee

Started by Tara4352, June 17, 2015, 04:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: Tony on December 07, 2019, 02:32:04 PM
Well perhaps that is because the 7 needs double decks as well
In the peaks it might, but during the day it has a load an Urban 2 could cope with. Even the 77 has a load an E200 could cope with (it's only peaks/school times) you actually see a full up Decker, even 2116 yesterday had a decent load and that was at the PM peak time.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on December 07, 2019, 04:35:00 PM
In the peaks it might, but during the day it has a load an Urban 2 could cope with. Even the 77 has a load an E200 could cope with (it's only peaks/school times) you actually see a full up Decker, even 2116 yesterday had a decent load and that was at the PM peak time.

So you would keep swapping buses as loads demanded?

Jack

Quote from: Tony on December 07, 2019, 04:38:30 PM
So you would keep swapping buses as loads demanded?
Does make a bit of sense rather sending a double decker out on a route where it will carry fresh around for the majority of trips for a day.

Again, knowing what Walsall allocate their routes with, 4608 being shoved on a Platinum route when there is probably a good number of Platinums trotting up and Brownhills High Street on the 10/10A which aren't Platinum routes!

Tony

Quote from: Jack on December 07, 2019, 04:41:49 PM
Does make a bit of sense rather sending a double decker out on a route where it will carry fresh around for the majority of trips for a day.

How does it make sense? You need two buses for every running board. It would double the costs!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Jack on December 07, 2019, 04:41:49 PM

Again, knowing what Walsall allocate their routes with, 4608 being shoved on a Platinum route when there is probably a good number of Platinums trotting up and Brownhills High Street on the 10/10A which aren't Platinum routes!

This is one thing that confuses me a lot. Why they stick platinums on other routes when there not used on the route there meant to be on. I get that there is sometimes operational issues, but how can it be that at least 3 platinums can make a 126 when the 9 gets a B7RLE and 4432 on the same day.

Same with uni services - often see crimson e400s and a sea of black on the 61 and 63.

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 07, 2019, 04:50:38 PM
This is one thing that confuses me a lot. Why they stick platinums on other routes when there not used on the route there meant to be on. I get that there is sometimes operational issues, but how can it be that at least 3 platinums can make a 126 when the 9 gets a B7RLE and 4432 on the same day.

Same with uni services - often see crimson e400s and a sea of black on the 61 and 63.

You are quick to critisize people doing their jobs. Have you ever worked?

Busboy105

Does it really matter? The buses are compliant anyway, that's why they are on there.

Jack

Yes it does irritate me, I'm not a fan of the whole 'Platinum on XX route on Sundays'. Walsall shove the Platinums on routes (again) that only need a single decker. 35/77 is one.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Jack on December 07, 2019, 10:01:40 PM
Yes it does irritate me, I'm not a fan of the whole 'Platinum on XX route on Sundays'. Walsall shove the Platinums on routes (again) that only need a single decker. 35/77 is one.

35 & 77 come off other routes, such as the 10 (which on a Sunday i have seen double deckers get busy more than enough times) hence the MMC's. The E400MMC's are some of the most fuel efficent vehicles they run, of course they will use them in favour of the likes of Tridents on some routes on Sundays.

Jack

Quote from: Nathan on December 07, 2019, 10:21:27 PM
35 & 77 come off other routes, such as the 10 (which on a Sunday i have seen double deckers get busy more than enough times) hence the MMC's. The E400MMC's are some of the most fuel efficent vehicles they run, of course they will use them in favour of the likes of Tridents on some routes on Sundays.
I know the 6 comes off a 10? Those deserve the double deckers but the 35/77 is pointless, carrying fresh air.

ARBB

Quote from: Jack on December 07, 2019, 10:31:32 PM
I know the 6 comes off a 10? Those deserve the double deckers but the 35/77 is pointless, carrying fresh air.

You could say the same about the PN18 on a Sunday, why use a platinum ?

Can't they just use an enviro 200 like the other days.....

The reason they're on the back of the X10 is to save money, decisions aren't just made on a whim. Like the reason for 734 on the 9 the other day, it was an afternoon peak board. The only option we had was send it out on the 9 and make service or try and swap it over with another bus, this would have made it late. A decision to put 734 on the 9 isn't taken lightly,  it's a case of a bus running or a bus not running.

Until you've worked in the industry and know what you're talking about keep your fantasy bus operations on your computer.

CL

Stourbridge Bus Station (a little different to how it was used to!)
https://flic.kr/p/2hYP4NN
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Solo1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk