News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

National Express WM Coventry and Dundee

Started by Tara4352, June 17, 2015, 04:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Nice photos @Dylanbusboy45,

That photo of 1699 makes me sad, I really miss them. Whenever I ride a WB Omnilink it always reminds me of the 0405N's, especially on a route that use to have them. Like today, 1941 being thrashed on the 46 along Newton Road, reminded me of the 0405N's flying up and down it. Ahh good times!

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Jack on February 09, 2019, 08:45:11 PM
Nice photos @Dylanbusboy45,

That photo of 1699 makes me sad, I really miss them. Whenever I ride a WB Omnilink it always reminds me of the 0405N's, especially on a route that use to have them. Like today, 1941 being thrashed on the 46 along Newton Road, reminded me of the 0405N's flying up and down it. Ahh good times!

Many Thanks.
I will be honest here, I never went on many and highly regret it now. Now I look back on YT videos of them, and they sound so tuneful! At least I have fond memories of YWs Volvo B10Ls, even if they were Voith, they were much better than today's offerings. The Scanias I have always been mixed opinioned about, they sound decent and seem to have loads of power, the thing I dont like is the plasticy interior! At least Citaros are starting to appear on the 144 now, bringing Mercs back to the West Mids again. TBF we should be grateful for all the Scanias anyway, seeing as they are so rare in other parts of the country!

Jack

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on February 09, 2019, 09:02:18 PM
Many Thanks.
I will be honest here, I never went on many and highly regret it now. Now I look back on YT videos of them, and they sound so tuneful! At least I have fond memories of YWs Volvo B10Ls, even if they were Voith, they were much better than today's offerings. The Scanias I have always been mixed opinioned about, they sound decent and seem to have loads of power, the thing I dont like is the plasticy interior! At least Citaros are starting to appear on the 144 now, bringing Mercs back to the West Mids again. TBF we should be grateful for all the Scanias anyway, seeing as they are so rare in other parts of the country!
I miss all of them. I have memories of the Volvo B10's on the 28, which were all Voith. The Euro 5 Scania's sound loads like the 0405N's so they just remind of the Merc's, however they aren't as loud as the Merc's. Diamond still have 30030 so that's another Merc in the West Mids. The 0405N's are what you call a bus, compared to the Urban 2's.

Solo1

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Jack

CL

Quote from: Jack on February 13, 2019, 08:03:30 PM
Great picture! @CL
Cheers; been wanting to hit up to Perry Beeches for a while. ;)

CL

Dylanbusboy45

CL

CL

I love Walsall buses

I love Walsall buses

Here's 6717 making a rare appearance on my local route 29
https://flic.kr/p/2eNof9q