News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V89MOA

Quote from: mikestone on July 03, 2018, 06:03:17 PM
Around 1630 today the screen at St. Georges was reading
.        .......................Mins
Services may be delayed at Peak Periods.
There was then an inaudible announcement which I think involved buses, tram 23 rolled in and the screen changed to services operating to Winson Green.
No explanation on website, just something cleared much earlier.
And why is there a sign outside the bus station saying "To Crown and County Courts only", implying you cannot exit at the St George's end?
Lack of communication seems to be a reoccurring theme for the local authorities and operators in the Midlands

mikestone

To be fair they have now added an item revealing it to be a lineside fire, and more interestingly that 18 is now doing a shuttle from Winson Green to Grand Central - I hope that is partially live to recharge the battery?

CL

Quote from: Straightlines on July 03, 2018, 06:18:05 PM
I thought everything was meant to be brilliant with a local authority controlled Transport operation???
Was always a tad sceptical about the implementation of TfWM. I've no personal problems with it, yet. Though, during my ride home on the Metro today, (on two separate occasions) I witnessed a few passengers had asked for the Metro+Bus combination fare, which is no longer available - according to the conductor. Hadn't realised how popular such a ticket had become!

In the end, the ones who had asked for the aforementioned ticket settled for the Metro-only return. A rocky start to West Midlands Metro, in my opinion.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: V89MOA on June 22, 2018, 01:46:48 AM
A heritage style tram would be nice to replace tram 11. @Dom   8) 8)
As the trams are in fve sections you could have each section painted in a different heritage livery, Birmingham, West Brom, Coventry, Walsall and Wolverhampton?  I know, I'll get my coat....

But a nice idea for expert photoshoppers, perhaps?
Tony

V89MOA

You couldn't make it up, this morning's reduced service blamed on twitter I quote by "operational requirements" that sounds familiar * cough * Redditch.

Gareth

Not sure of it's been mentioned anywhere yet, haven't seen it. Tram 31 now has battery packs fitted and was seen in service this morning.

Solo1

Quote from: Gareth on July 07, 2018, 08:59:24 PM
Not sure of it's been mentioned anywhere yet, haven't seen it. Tram 31 now has battery packs fitted and was seen in service this morning.
photo on photo links of 31

V89MOA

Quote from: Dom on June 21, 2018, 10:07:27 PM
I'm not privy to exact details but there was talk of a refurbishment process during the rebranding stage. Whether or not these are still the plans I'm not sure.
Just seen a photo of the first one being done, very surprised to see that the tfwm budget doesn't stretch to paint!

P419 EJW

Quote from: V89MOA on July 12, 2018, 02:55:24 PM
Just seen a photo of the first one being done, very surprised to see that the tfwm budget doesn't stretch to paint!

Could we see the picture? Or is there a link of the picture?

Tony

What's your problem? This is common practise for rail vehicles and not 'the cheap option'

P419 EJW

BK63 YWP

Most tram/rail vehicles are vinyl wrapped
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Solo1

wonder if it will be out Friday 13 in the new blue

V89MOA

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on July 12, 2018, 08:09:37 PM
Most tram/rail vehicles are vinyl wrapped

I can see I'm outnumbered on this one!
Last time I checked Northern were having all of their longer term 15* DMU's repainted, as well as GWR, and Virgin are slowly repainting all of the 390s white. I was under the impression that Vinyling is confined to details only (Virgin's Red Swoop), fleetnames, or temporary commemorative liveries, rather than whole liveries on mass as seems to be the case with tfwm.
I also seem to recall the T69s being repainted into silver rather than wrapped?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk