News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

April service changes

Started by Bob, March 30, 2015, 07:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

A few surprises. ..

A new X7 between lichfield and burton,  not serving fradley and yoxall etc, presumably to compete with the X12.

A new 810 from midland classic between lichfield and burton covering some of the places the X7 doesnt.

Changes to the 76 "no details yet but to be announced"

& while not really a shocker, I am surprised the 75 is being cut to a cannock to penkridge only route, especially with the forthcoming new nx 54 service
They may as well hand the passengers over....

Cheese

Quote from: Bob on March 30, 2015, 07:09:08 PM
A few surprises. ..

A new X7 between lichfield and burton,  not serving fradley and yoxall etc, presumably to compete with the X12.

A new 810 from midland classic between lichfield and burton covering some of the places the X7 doesnt.

Changes to the 76 "no details yet but to be announced"

& while not really a shocker, I am surprised the 75 is being cut to a cannock to penkridge only route, especially with the forthcoming new nx 54 service
They may as well hand the passengers over....

The X7 isn't really new, just the existing journeys between Lichfield and Burton that don't serve Fradley or Yoxall renumbered.  The only real change is the removal of most journeys to Kings Bromley and Yoxall, hence the 810 service.

Bob

Bit of a cop out then, labelling it an X route....

mikestone

Actually by and large the existing journeys via Yoxall become 7, and the existing main road journeys become X7 - and two minutes slower!

Bob

Westy

What would be my quickest & cheapest journey to get from Bloxwich to Burton?

Would it worth using the train via New Street?

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Westy on March 30, 2015, 10:57:43 PM
What would be my quickest & cheapest journey to get from Bloxwich to Burton?

Would it worth using the train via New Street?

Bloxwich to Burton would cost £6.20 if you got an Arriva Daysaver which would take about 2 1/2 hours approx

An off peak day return costs £16.90 from Bloxwich to Burton via new street

Hope that helps

mikestone

The new X7s start one minute earlier and arrive one minute later - I really cannot see the point of one minute timing changes, which are neither here nor there.
;

Dennis

Quote from: mikestone on March 30, 2015, 09:26:26 PM
Actually by and large the existing journeys via Yoxall become 7, and the existing main road journeys become X7 - and two minutes slower!

I thought there was only one school journey wach way through Yoxall now, hence the 810?

The X7 trips are faster than the 7 then if they don't serve Fradley.

Cheese

Quote from: Dennis on April 17, 2015, 01:44:35 PM
I thought there was only one school journey wach way through Yoxall now, hence the 810?

The X7 trips are faster than the 7 then if they don't serve Fradley.

There is indeed only 1 school journey per day through Yoxall now, these have been numbered 7B.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk