News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Tividale

Started by the trainbasher, January 23, 2015, 03:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: 2206 on March 02, 2020, 11:38:22 PM
From my experience trackers aren't always accurate.
The other week YJ57BOF was on the 94, I checked the tracker on Bus Times and it wasn't showing on there, despite the fact i'd seen it go past me only a few minutes earlier.
Also noticed different vehicles on the 25 showing on the tracker to what was actually on there a few times in the past.

There's only the 4 x Streetlites I've already confirmed due to be 31/32 branded AFAIK, to release 4 x Volvo's 30938/30940-2 to return off lease.

Trackers are reasonably accurate, but can be taken as gospel.

Trident 4194

A bit confused about diamonds statement on the 40 merger on their website, ticketing seems a bit unclear. So passengers can't use their value branded tickets on the nx 40, even though they are now a joint operation?

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 03, 2020, 03:09:51 PM
A bit confused about diamonds statement on the 40 merger on their website, ticketing seems a bit unclear. So passengers can't use their value branded tickets on the nx 40, even though they are now a joint operation?

It's just Diamond Value (Month) & Diamond West Midlands tickets and passes that can't be purchased or used on NX 40. I'm sure the Diamond ticket restrictions on NX 40's will cause confusion....

Travelling on other Diamond services?
Diamond Value Day & Week tickets will be available to purchase and use on both Diamond and National Express 40 services.

Please Note: Diamond Value Month tickets are not available or valid on National Express 40 services.
Diamond West Midlands tickets and passes are available and valid on all Diamond 40 services and other Diamond services, however, they are not valid on National Express 40. Please check that Diamond services on this route meet your journey needs before purchasing a Diamond West Midlands ticket.

Trident 4194

The brilliant diamond bus service has had a mellor replace 30813. And 21110 replace 30929. Seems the buses can't last a day on the 4H

richardjones210368

Cheers @Stu, can I just say thank you so much for the warm welcome back and it is really great to be back on the excellent forum although sadly earlier than expected owing to the suspension of the Mayors Election. I am sorry if you felt I was West Midlands Travel bashing this morning that was not my intention however I was only making an observation that as with West Midlands Travel Limited very poor operation of the X8 last week with numerous unsuitable B7's which I also actually use I am sure @Tony will correct me if I am wrong if totally unsuitable B7s were not in fact used on the X8's last week & that West Midlands Travel Limited 4H this morning at 09.14 was running so late this morning in fact about ten minutes in thus underlining my comments expressed previously about such a poorly run company I am sorry you do not like the truth about the actual bus service being run by West Midlands Travel Limited this morning compered with the excellent service being run by Diamond Bus on time on its 4H. As ever I only comment on the services I actually use I hope you do not want me to censor my comments about the bus companies I actually use. It is really great to be back on the forum.

Please don't keep creating new threads, there's plenty of relevant Diamond Bus one's already, Winston.

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 14, 2020, 06:15:57 PM
The brilliant diamond bus service has had a mellor replace 30813. And 21110 replace 30929. Seems the buses can't last a day on the 4H
30929 is a terrible bus anyway, 30821's rear display has been faulty or over a year now...

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on March 14, 2020, 06:48:39 PM
30929 is a terrible bus anyway, 30821's rear display has been faulty or over a year now...
Mellors are always welcome on the 4H nothing like coming up Gorsty Hill with Depeche Mode blasting out I Just Cant Get Enough on its radio. I couldn't put it better myself tonight.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on March 14, 2020, 06:48:39 PM
It is most unfortunate when an operator is unable to operate its published timetable I personally fail to see how a company can not plan for its staff shortages it just appears to be management incompetence its always especially regrettable  when the company is part of a PLC for its customers and the company fails to operate best practice.

Tony

Quote from: richardjones210368 on March 14, 2020, 07:38:43 PM
It is most unfortunate when an operator is unable to operate its published timetable I personally fail to see how a company can not plan for its staff shortages it just appears to be management incompetence its always especially regrettable  when the company is part of a PLC for its customers and the company fails to operate best practice.

Yes, I'm  sure every PLC in Europe can muster up enough staff to cover those at home self-isolating

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on March 14, 2020, 07:50:21 PM
Yes, I'm  sure every PLC in Europe can muster up enough staff to cover those at home self-isolating
Well if they were competent and have followed the correct forward planning yes my Acountancy Institute has been doing briefings for the last month of which I have attended companies have had enough time to prepare especially with the government advice that has been provided to them behind closed doors if they cannot cope now then the PLC is plainly incompetent simple most PLC's have been party to the Cobra briefings. In my long forgotten days at Midland Red West I was often asked at the last minute to cover duty workings if a bus company cannot cover its duty workings it's not fit for purpose whatever the circumstances.

winston

Quote from: Tony on March 14, 2020, 07:50:21 PM

How come Pensnett can't even manage to cover all services on a Sat afternoon/evening due to staff shortages then?

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=79.9375

Tony

Quote from: richardjones210368 on March 14, 2020, 08:04:43 PM
Well if they were competent and have followed the correct forward planning yes my Acountancy Institute has been doing briefings for the last month of which I have attended companies have had enough time to prepare especially with the government advice that has been provided to them behind closed doors if they cannot cope now then the PLC is plainly incompetent simple most PLC's have been party to the Cobra briefings. In my long forgotten days at Midland Red West I was often asked at the last minute to cover duty workings if a bus company cannot cover its duty workings it's not fit for purpose whatever the circumstances.

I am getting seriously fed up with your stupid rants already. If they don't stop this spell on the forum will be short

ellspurs

Quote from: Winston on March 14, 2020, 08:18:22 PM
How come Pensnett can't even manage to cover all services on a Sat afternoon/evening due to staff shortages then?

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=79.9375

My apologies, Winston, but given what Tony was responding to, I think it was said in sarcasm.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on March 14, 2020, 09:01:10 PM

I am getting seriously fed up with your stupid rants already. If they don't stop this spell on the forum will be short
Being in a privileged position to have seen the planning behind the sences that PLC's have been instructed to follow in the event of the contravirus moving to the next level of urgency I am not sure how explaining how PLC's were  told to prepare for the serious consequences of what was happening and what will happen can be as you have described as a rant. If the company you work for hasnt followed the correct government advise in its preparations then its failings will be all to see this is the same company that failed to run its 09.14 4H on time this morning which I was waiting for unlike a rival company why would my return be short when I am only posting the truth or do we not need to know that as for duty workings I can only comment from the position of working at a company that was once a rival to yours in the West Midlands perhaps our standards  were different to yours at the time I am very proud of my time at Midland Red West and its employees at the time under the leadership of the excellent Ken Mills perhaps the standards at your company today are somewhat different?

winston

Quote from: ellspurs on March 14, 2020, 09:23:23 PM
My apologies, Winston, but given what Tony was responding to, I think it was said in sarcasm.

In Europe maybe, not in Pensnett. Poor show for a Sat afternoon/Evening with a reduced Pvr.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk