News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Tividale

Started by the trainbasher, January 23, 2015, 03:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Since Rotala has coaches I would think it's highly likely to have a prs licence

Westy

Me & one of my workmates saw one of those this morning on the Black Country Route displaying Rifle Range!

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Stu on October 31, 2018, 07:05:39 PM
I hate to come across as a killjoy here, but the radios on these buses may need to be turned off (presumably if they are tuned to radio stations playing music) unless Diamond/Rotala has a PRS licence to do so. Perhaps @Simon Dunn might be able to clarify this.

https://www.prsformusic.com/licences

In a previous employment, we used to enjoy listening to the radio at work. After we moved our telesales staff (including myself) into a new retail area open to the public, we were banned from playing any music or listening to the radio, as this became classed as a 'public broadcast', and thus we would need a PRS licence, which our company refused to pay for, after we received several warning letters and phone-calls.

Personally, I think its a bit ridiculous really, if I walk along the street listening to the radio through headphones thats perfectly fine, but if I walk into a shop or onto a coach/bus that's playing the same radio station through a speaker then they need a licence to do so?

Yes we do

Cedric

Quote from: Westy on November 01, 2018, 05:08:27 PM
Me & one of my workmates saw one of those this morning on the Black Country Route displaying Rifle Range!
Rifle Range  is the destination  of Kidderminster service 1
diamond 8\10/125/292

BusMan Greg

A Paxton Centro was on the 35/A/B today

I love Walsall buses

Is 21001 withdrawn or not looks pretty messed up to me last time I saw it

winston

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on November 03, 2018, 11:57:06 PM
Is 21001 withdrawn or not looks pretty messed up to me last time I saw it

It was VOR for a couple of months and thought unlikely to come back and was to be scrapped, but is temporarily back in service, is expected to only be this for month, hence it's appearance.

I love Walsall buses

I got to get a photo of it then most likely going to be in West Bromwich an thank you @Winston

Kevin

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on November 03, 2018, 10:31:44 PM
30970 displaying 301 and 302 as its on until midnight a lot of people didn't get on it at 19:30 from Walsall as they thought it was a shuttle service

Why would people think its a shuttle service? Hasn't been that long since the 301/302 changed to 31/32
Every chance they're not catching it because they're being snobbish and waiting for an nx bus
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

I love Walsall buses

Probably getting confused because there was a firework display at the arboretum so probably though that

cris 99

confused lol its on the same stop as 31/32 with 301 on it anytone with a brain would realise ita a 31/32 if it was a firework display bu it would be on another stop
17//72/73/97/X12

DJ

I was waiting since just before 1800 in Bilston Bus Station for a 229, the 1805 departure didn't show up until 20 minutes later, after which he parked in the layover area for a few minutes, then drove off out of service. I spoke with the control office about it on the phone and he should've been in service, yet was apparently driving down the route displaying Not in Service. The 1848 departure was on time at least, but it still meant waiting for a good while in Bilston. If only delay repay applied to buses.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Trident 4194

Tividale operate the 75 too? @Matt.N0056

Seems PVR is 3 at midday?

Ashley 60171

Quote from: StourValley98 on November 06, 2018, 06:56:56 PM
I was waiting since just before 1800 in Bilston Bus Station for a 229, the 1805 departure didn't show up until 20 minutes later, after which he parked in the layover area for a few minutes, then drove off out of service. I spoke with the control office about it on the phone and he should've been in service, yet was apparently driving down the route displaying Not in Service. The 1848 departure was on time at least, but it still meant waiting for a good while in Bilston. If only delay repay applied to buses.

Oh grow up! Even at that time of the day there's plenty of alternatives to the 229. Sick of these keyboard eejits bating Diamond day in day out! Before a smart arse says anything, you can't unread what you don't approve of, usually you open the thread expecting some gen, not whining kids. Don't see people so quick to point out the failures of other operators, funny that eh?

DJ

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on November 06, 2018, 10:01:23 PM
Oh grow up! Even at that time of the day there's plenty of alternatives to the 229. Sick of these keyboard eejits bating Diamond day in day out! Before a smart arse says anything, you can't unread what you don't approve of, usually you open the thread expecting some gen, not whining kids. Don't see people so quick to point out the failures of other operators, funny that eh?

Who are you telling to grow up? What other bus goes to Sedgley at that time of evening from there other than the 229?
If Diamond make an error or do something wrong I'll post about it, same with NX or any other operator.
This is a general thread about Diamond's services from Tividale depot, I'll post about it here if I like. Try to grow up yourself and stop backseat moderating some time.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk