News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Tividale

Started by the trainbasher, January 23, 2015, 03:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark114

Solo1

2 new Mellor minis out see photo link for pic

mark114

Trident 4609

Quote from: mark114 on October 31, 2018, 02:04:56 PM
How many are there in service

Two at least. I noted 21205 on the 30/74A and caught 21209 on the 64 while passing through West Bromwich this afternoon.

winston

Quote from: Nathan on October 31, 2018, 04:02:01 PM
Two at least. I noted 21205 on the 30/74A and caught 21209 on the 64 while passing through West Bromwich this afternoon.

What they like to travel on?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Winston on October 31, 2018, 04:02:51 PM
What they like to travel on?

I've been on two today too the same ones as Nathan. I love them, nippy things too. The radio was on both journeys I went on which was nice too. Give me these over a platinum any day. The engine is remarkably quiet too. Notice a couple of differences from the demo they had though. No wooden floor effect on these or seatbelts.

MW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 31, 2018, 04:40:11 PM
I've been on two today too the same ones as Nathan. I love them, nippy things too. The radio was on both journeys I went on which was nice too. Give me these over a platinum any day. The engine is remarkably quiet too. Notice a couple of differences from the demo they had though. No wooden floor effect on these or seatbelts.

They've got radios?? I wonder if they've got AUX/Bluetooth then... pair your phone and put some Spotify on whilst driving 😂😂

Trident 4194

Quote from: MW on October 31, 2018, 05:16:20 PM
They've got radios?? I wonder if they've got AUX/Bluetooth then... pair your phone and put some Spotify on whilst driving 😂😂

Yeah listened to heart FM and bbc radio 1. I really hope they don't get told to turn them off

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 31, 2018, 04:40:11 PM

Quote from: MW on October 31, 2018, 05:16:20 PM

I hate to come across as a killjoy here, but the radios on these buses may need to be turned off (presumably if they are tuned to radio stations playing music) unless Diamond/Rotala has a PRS licence to do so. Perhaps @Simon Dunn might be able to clarify this.

https://www.prsformusic.com/licences

In a previous employment, we used to enjoy listening to the radio at work. After we moved our telesales staff (including myself) into a new retail area open to the public, we were banned from playing any music or listening to the radio, as this became classed as a 'public broadcast', and thus we would need a PRS licence, which our company refused to pay for, after we received several warning letters and phone-calls.

Personally, I think its a bit ridiculous really, if I walk along the street listening to the radio through headphones thats perfectly fine, but if I walk into a shop or onto a coach/bus that's playing the same radio station through a speaker then they need a licence to do so?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stu on October 31, 2018, 07:05:39 PM
I hate to come across as a killjoy here, but the radios on these buses may need to be turned off (presumably if they are tuned to radio stations playing music) unless Diamond/Rotala has a PRS licence to do so. Perhaps @Simon Dunn might be able to clarify this.

In a previous employment, we used to enjoy listening to the radio at work. After we moved our telesales staff (including myself) into a new retail area open to the public, we were banned from playing any music or listening to the radio, as this became classed as a 'public broadcast', and thus we would need a PRS licence, which our company refused to pay for, after we received several warning letters and phone-calls.

Personally, I think its a bit ridiculous really, if I walk along the street listening to the radio through headphones thats perfectly fine, but if I walk into a shop or onto a coach/bus that's playing the same radio station through a speaker then they need a licence to do so?

Don't be a kill joy. @Simon Dunn the people really liked the music and added to their already positive remarks

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 31, 2018, 07:23:23 PM
Don't be a kill joy. @Simon Dunn the people really liked the music and added to their already positive remarks

As I said, I don't want to be a killjoy and if Diamond/Rotala has a PRS licence then its not a problem, but I was just pointing out that I don't want this to become a problem for Diamond if they don't, based on my own previous experience.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stu on October 31, 2018, 07:40:48 PM
As I said, I don't want to be a killjoy and if Diamond/Rotala has a PRS licence then its not a problem, but I was just pointing out that I don't want this to become a problem for Diamond if they don't, based on my own previous experience.

The laws stupid ain't it.

BK63 YWP

NX buses play music too, when local chavy clientele play their fast talking music
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

mark114

Thank you so much Nathan for your reply apologies for my late reply info was greatly appreciated thank you

Ian Hardy

Quote from: Stu on October 31, 2018, 07:05:39 PM

The PRS (Performing Rights Society https://www.prsformusic.com/) represents the songwriter, composer and music publisher members' performing rights, and collects royalties on their behalf whenever their music is played or performed publicly. When you buy a record / CD or download a track then part of what you pay goes to PRS. The same occurs when you attend a concert, part of the ticket price is paid to the PRS.

So if Rotala has not got a PRS licence they could be seen to be making money out of the musicians who composed / performed the music that they are playing without giving any of that money to them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk