News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Tividale

Started by the trainbasher, January 23, 2015, 03:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 20, 2018, 09:32:27 PM
I did notice a lack of speed when I travelled on 30823 on 16W. Every time a ex Redditch b7rle put out it seems to overheat or breakdown.

I drove 30856 last week; nothing wrong with that one :o

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 20, 2018, 09:32:27 PM
I did notice a lack of speed when I travelled on 30823 on 16W. Every time a ex Redditch b7rle put out it seems to overheat or breakdown.
They like to cut off when stationary at the sets of traffic lights on Newton does the Royales I've noticed. Ex Redditch B7RLE's struggle up hill turning onto Hamstead Road from Newton Road. Oh and they are terrible on Hamstead Hill.

MW

Quote from: Jack on July 21, 2018, 12:03:35 AM
They like to cut off when stationary at the sets of traffic lights on Newton does the Royales I've noticed. Ex Redditch B7RLE's struggle up hill turning onto Hamstead Road from Newton Road. Oh and they are terrible on Hamstead Hill.

Don't be silly. Diamond are proactive and committed to lowering CO2 emissions, hence the stop start system retrofitted to selected vehicles.

Jack

Quote from: MW on July 21, 2018, 12:13:11 AM
Don't be silly. Diamond are proactive and committed to lowering CO2 emissions, hence the stop start system retrofitted to selected vehicles.
😂 you must be joking. If they had retrofitted stop/start then I doubt when they cut out there would be a constant beeping sound until the driver manages to start it up

Steveminor

That beeping is to let the driver know he is helping to save a tree 😂

Trident 4194

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on July 20, 2018, 11:06:07 PM
I drove 30856 last week; nothing wrong with that one :o

Try 30851 or 30852, I'm sure you will change your opinion then

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 21, 2018, 08:04:37 AM
Try 30851 or 30852, I'm sure you will change your opinion then
Or 30861.

Jack

Saw 20828 on the 29 three times in Walsall with the driver driving with doors open. Is this allowed?

Steveminor

In a word No. Most buses won't move with the doors open, some like our dafs will automatically close the doors when the vehicle is in motion. If this was an older vehicle it might not necessarily have any interlocks fitted. I'm sure Bob baker will investigate this.

Jack

Quote from: Steveminor on July 23, 2018, 06:35:42 PM
In a word No. Most buses won't move with the doors open, some like our dafs will automatically close the doors when the vehicle is in motion. If this was an older vehicle it might not necessarily have any interlocks fitted. I'm sure @Bob baker will investigate this.
High majority of Diamonds don't have stupid interlock systems, which is a good thing as it doesn't take a decade for the doors to open/close and pull off!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Jack on July 23, 2018, 06:37:57 PM
High majority of Diamonds don't have stupid interlock systems, which is a good thing as it doesn't take a decade for the doors to open/close and pull off!

Maybe next time don't post the fleet number we don't want to cause drivers to get the sack do we?
Travel express in wolvo drive with their doors open

V89MOA

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 23, 2018, 06:54:45 PM
Maybe next time don't post the fleet number we don't want to cause drivers to get the sack do we?
If a driver has broken company rules then it is up to that company what action they may or may not choose to take, Jack didn't post a time and I'm sure the bus has had more than one driver today. Let's face it Travel Express aren't exactly Lothian Buses are they!
30878/79 have it, and my word do the doors take an age to close on 79!

Jack

Quote from: V89MOA on July 23, 2018, 07:05:00 PM
If a driver has broken company rules then it is up to that company what action they may or may not choose to take, Jack didn't post a time and I'm sure the bus has had more than one driver today. Let's face it Travel Express aren't exactly Lothian Buses are they!30878/79 have it, and my word do the doors take an age to close on 79!
Yep 30878/9 have them, 30879's are like the Omnilinks! But 878/9 are brilliant buses.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 23, 2018, 06:54:45 PM
I'm only posting what I saw...
Can't TfWM get involved if they weren't listening? Leading to further action towards the company themselves?

Tony

High majority of Diamonds don't have stupid interlock systems,

The reason NXWM buses had them fitted was on the advice of the Traffic Commissioner after a very serious incident.

I just hope Diamond never experience a similar incident due to it not being fitted

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on July 23, 2018, 08:10:50 PM
The reason NXWM buses had them fitted was on the advice of the Traffic Commissioner after a very serious incident.

I just hope Diamond never experience a similar incident due to it not being fitted

Do you mind me asking what happened briefly if possible?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk