News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Tividale

Started by the trainbasher, January 23, 2015, 03:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on April 26, 2017, 07:25:58 PM
Why?

Just because an operator cannot make a success of a commercial route doesn't mean TfWM should step in and keep it running.

Why, because it is a socially needed service, when ever I have caught it, no matter what time during the daytime, it appears well used.

The problem is it's really not possible to do the return journey within an hour which I am sure Central Buses will find out.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

hartshill busman 724210

They`ve got a chance now the route is shorter into Halesowen.

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 26, 2017, 07:39:40 PM
Why, because it is a socially needed service, when ever I have caught it, no matter what time during the daytime, it appears well used.

The problem is it's really not possible to do the return journey within an hour which I am sure Central Buses will find out.

But if people have an alternative service within a set distance, even if it means a change of buses to get where they are going to, then it doesn't meet the requirements for a subsidised service.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on April 26, 2017, 07:55:52 PM
But if people have an alternative service within a set distance, even if it means a change of buses to get where they are going to, then it doesn't meet the requirements for a subsidised service.

That's a fair point, but am sure with the 142 it would have met the eligibility given that people from Pedmore Fields travelling to Halesowen would have had to catch a 276 to either Stourbridge or Lye and catch a 9.

Not blaming Diamond because they seem to have tried everything to make it work, it's a shame as was mentioned earlier that NE gave up on the 247/8 and 242.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on April 26, 2017, 07:55:52 PM

Looks like I'll have to get the crowded number 9 in the morning, oh fun times ahead. 142 loadings are inconsistent, but central won't last long. Diamond network value ticket will no doubt decrease with no services going to Stourbridge which one may regard as one of the places to go in West Midlands.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 26, 2017, 08:04:13 PM
Looks like I'll have to get the crowded number 9 in the morning, oh fun times ahead. 142 loadings are inconsistent, but central won't last long. Diamond network value ticket will no doubt decrease with no services going to Stourbridge which one may regard as one of the places to go in West Midlands.

Have always found that the 142 was well patronised, problem is that the route doesn't work on its own.

Presumably Central will run 1 bus on the route, problem is timings are so tight (especially when there are road works etc) that the journeys will just get later and later all day.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 26, 2017, 08:16:45 PM
Have always found that the 142 was well patronised, problem is that the route doesn't work on its own.

Presumably Central will run 1 bus on the route, problem is timings are so tight (especially when there are road works etc) that the journeys will just get later and later all day.

Shortening the route is also going to cause a loss of passengers. So it's not going along Dunstall road at all???

Trident 4194

Trident 4194

Barack diamond dart broken down on 142 again

Will

Stourbridge   125

Cedric

diamond 8\10/125/292

Lukeee

Trident 4194

Arrivas darts are certainly better than diamonds...

Will

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 03, 2017, 05:09:40 PM

Apparently there not! The only good bus that Diamond had off Arriva was the X reg Cadet!!
Stourbridge   125

Cedric

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 03, 2017, 05:09:40 PM

21007 is withdrawn already, must have be one for spares?
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk