News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Tividale

Started by the trainbasher, January 23, 2015, 03:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jc

So when is the appropriate time to cut it? They have clearly tried to make it work, tried to change the service to encourage growth but, it hasn't worked the way they wanted it too. End of the day decisions to cut services are not taken lightly, if its not making money and its not generating growth, then what else should be done? I give Central Buses 3 months before they follow suit and withdraw the service too!

karl724223

As the saying goes. Use it or loose it

ARBB

Quote from: jc on April 25, 2017, 04:12:58 PM
So when is the appropriate time to cut it? They have clearly tried to make it work, tried to change the service to encourage growth but, it hasn't worked the way they wanted it too. End of the day decisions to cut services are not taken lightly, if its not making money and its not generating growth, then what else should be done? I give Central Buses 3 months before they follow suit and withdraw the service too!

You're giving them a long time, they'll soon get fed up of @Trident 4194  moaning and withdraw it. Amazing that any bus he catches gets withdrawn or rerouted  :o

the trainbasher

Take the 261/205 for example

The 261 was cut to Wall Heath because people used the 260 from wall Heath to Wolverhampton.

People moaned so NXWM extended it to Womborne, but nobody used it so 6 months later it got cut back to Wall Heath

Again they moaned when the 205 lost the Wall Heath to Kingswinford bit, but nobody used it...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: pndriver on April 25, 2017, 04:37:36 PM
You're giving them a long time, they'll soon get fed up of @Trident 4194  moaning and withdraw it. Amazing that any bus he catches gets withdrawn or rerouted  :o

Ironic isn't it @pndriver he quit moaning about the 244 now. Just shows that the decision was made about making the 99 more reliable by curtailing it and adding more layover time at QE has helped the new 244 be more reliable maybe like when the 141 went to 30 mins and as the X10 is back to 20 mins, the 244 will change back to every 20 mins and could be extended to University.

142 isn't making money so instead of Diamond running the service at a loss they chose to withdraw and concentrate on the adopted Arriva routes and make them work as Simon said.

The 257 on Sunday ran on time except for my journey from kford which the driver was 4 minutes late and he apologised to every passenger (with tfwm STILL haven't updated the information which misleading especially on ex Arriva going to diamond yet stating arriva still runs those services.

I'm glad Diamond took on old Arriva services because the stupid interworking Arriva did were unreliable and like a grand prix over the black country
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

the trainbasher

@Chris 257/142 were interworking last night

82/229 are still to interwork as well according to the tender spec

Gone are the days when I could board a 229 in dudley and end up 4 hours later in merry Hill on the same bus

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 25, 2017, 05:40:30 PM

Gone are the days when I could board a 229 in dudley and end up 4 hours later in merry Hill on the same bus

Sunday daytimes seems to be 257 runs standalone or interworks with something in Dudley? As the solo I got finished at stourbridge then went back to Dudley

X10 Gornal Wood

ARBB

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 25, 2017, 05:40:30 PM

X96 can get you to merry hill from dudley in under 20mins  8)

the trainbasher

@pndriver yeah but I fancied a nice trip to Merry Hill via the 229/545/82/208 that day

MW

Quote from: MW on April 25, 2017, 06:02:04 PM
@2206 you scumbag, why did you delete your post
I'm not a scumbag. It was in reply to a post above, at first I thought he was asking how the X16 and 297 are doing (think they still operated), but after reading it again it looks like he is using those withdrawls as examples to Trident 4194, so I deleted my post.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Quote from: 2206 on April 25, 2017, 06:05:22 PM
I'm not a scumbag. It was in reply to a post above, at first I thought he was asking how the X16 and 297 are doing (think they still operated), but after reading it again it looks like he is using those withdrawls as examples to Trident 4194, so I deleted my post.

And it ruins the flow of the forum. You should have left it there

BK63 YWP

Quote from: 2206 on April 25, 2017, 06:05:22 PM

@2206 it has been asked by moderators to leave the post if you wanted it deleted you should have messaged @Tony @Winston or @Stu to remove it. You made a mistake everyone does mate.

X10 Gornal Wood

andy41

Quote from: jc on April 25, 2017, 04:00:53 PM
Spoken like a true enthusiast who would have no idea how to run a bus company, you need to earn money to keep the wheels moving, but no, let's run it, Central are excellent, they make a success of everything! How are the 297 and X16 doing?

Good luck naming an operator on here that never tried a new commercial venture and withdrew it at some point. Even NX and the like have been down that route.

Kevin

And now with Central taking over the 142 is probably going to end up hourly and so even less people use it. I think it started going downhill when the frequency was cut from half hourly to every 40 mins, that sort of frequency is just not useful so I guess passengers deserted it from then
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk