News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Tividale

Started by the trainbasher, January 23, 2015, 03:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

32238 is back at Tividale from DBNW, currently in service on the 002 but not tracking

Trident 4194

Travelled on the new 73 plate today. Nice enough bus as to be expected being a Mercedes. Did seem slightly cramped being a 17 seater. It also has seatbelts so I can't see it being used on commercial services much

EK40

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 10, 2024, 06:16:21 PMTravelled on the new 73 plate today. Nice enough bus as to be expected being a Mercedes. Did seem slightly cramped being a 17 seater. It also has seatbelts so I can't see it being used on commercial services much
its a demo vehicle on demo hence the seatbelts iirc

Trident 4194

@Simon Dunn both the 7:37 ex walsall and 7:57 ex walsall terminated at Halesowen today. Whilst I understand delays are occurring on route leaving people in Hayley green without a bus for an hour is poor decision making. Do drivers have to ask management to cut short routes?

Trident 4194

Theres a white and purple streetlite ex Heathrow in tividale depot 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 21, 2024, 06:41:20 PM@Simon Dunn both the 7:37 ex walsall and 7:57 ex walsall terminated at Halesowen today. Whilst I understand delays are occurring on route leaving people in Hayley green without a bus for an hour is poor decision making. Do drivers have to ask management to cut short routes?

We have reviewed your comments, and our real time tracking.  What happened - shouldn't have happened.  We are dealing with this.

Westy

There seems to be several comments recently over the Hayley Green section reliability.

Has it got to be serviced by the 4 group of services, or can another route take over that section?

It seems to me that certain routes seem to be operated for operator conveinice rather than reliability.

Back in the Wmpte days, you had 2 routes, one between Walsall & West Bromwich & another between West Brom & Halesowen.

Jay71

30526. Every few seconds I keep hearing a hissing sound coming from  the left side of the bus. Leaking air?

spacecowboy150

Quote from: Westy on March 01, 2024, 11:47:01 AMThere seems to be several comments recently over the Hayley Green section reliability.

Has it got to be serviced by the 4 group of services, or can another route take over that section?

It seems to me that certain routes seem to be operated for operator conveinice rather than reliability.

Back in the Wmpte days, you had 2 routes, one between Walsall & West Bromwich & another between West Brom & Halesowen.
thats actually a good point, every time I get the 4H from Halesowen towards Walsall it empties out practically 
I wonder if you could cover the Hayley Green-Halesowen with a 142/A or 192
just speculation

the trainbasher

Quotethats actually a good point, every time I get the 4H from Halesowen towards Walsall it empties out practically
I wonder if you could cover the Hayley Green-Halesowen with a 142/A or 192
just speculation
Or, here's a radical idea, a service 9A which runs as half hourly 9s to Halesowen and then via the loop before heading back to Brum....

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Jay71

Excellent service on the 42 last night. 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Westy on March 01, 2024, 11:47:01 AMThere seems to be several comments recently over the Hayley Green section reliability.

NX decided the 4H wasn't Viable anymore maybe TFWM say that Hayley Green is an area that needs a Bus Service you could always run a service from West Bromwich maybe the 3A gets rerouted via or a service from Merry Hill to Halesowen via Hayley Green, it must be a TFWM requirement as NX run the evening service between Halesowen and Hayley Green
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Westy

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on March 02, 2024, 03:17:34 PMNX decided the 4H wasn't Viable anymore maybe TFWM say that Hayley Green is an area that needs a Bus Service you could always run a service from West Bromwich maybe the 3A gets rerouted via or a service from Merry Hill to Halesowen via Hayley Green, it must be a TFWM requirement as NX run the evening service between Halesowen and Hayley Green
But reading on here, there always seems to be a problem on this section, with buses finishing early on route.

I know there are roadworks, before someone says, but surely there must be a more reliable way of serving Hayley Green, so we don't get these comments?

Stu

Quote from: Jay71 on March 01, 2024, 02:35:10 PM30526. Every few seconds I keep hearing a hissing sound coming from  the left side of the bus. Leaking air?
No, it will just be the air system relieving pressure.

It's been mentioned in another thread here, its perfectly normal.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

Quote from: Westy on March 02, 2024, 03:26:40 PMBut reading on here, there always seems to be a problem on this section, with buses finishing early on route.

I know there are roadworks, before someone says, but surely there must be a more reliable way of serving Hayley Green, so we don't get these comments?

The 417 was a much better option to the now 4H. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk