News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

School route - it really is a nice motor   8) - very happy to see it is staying at Greenbus and not being sold. Do you have a favourite bus in the Greenbus fleet Matt?

Tara4352

New Years Eve
4004- good exterior and interior engine sounding healthy suspension good but not perfect doors open fast and shut fast drives quite fast which I liked overall I'd give this bus 10/10

Tony

Quote from: Tara4352 on January 02, 2015, 10:39:42 AM
New Years Eve
4004- good exterior and interior engine sounding healthy suspension good but not perfect doors open fast and shut fast drives quite fast which I liked overall I'd give this bus 10/10

Which route was that on then?

Tony

Quote from: Tara4352 on January 02, 2015, 11:03:29 AM
The 82

Which is a bit strange as 4004 never went near the 82 route on New Years Eve (It is on there today though!)

Tara4352

Tony

Trident 4194

Trident 4194

1436- 4M- caught from merry hill to Blackheath. Not the best of rides, as was a full bus, unfortunately having too sit where the two seats face each other, very uncomfortable all the way. The b10 lacked power, and does not sound like the b10 I have used in the past.

I know that Bradford place is not useable for double decker buses, but the 4M in particular needs double decker buses during peak times

Liberator9

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 03, 2015, 04:34:28 PM
1436- 4M- caught from merry hill to Blackheath. Not the best of rides, as was a full bus, unfortunately having too sit where the two seats face each other, very uncomfortable all the way. The b10 lacked power, and does not sound like the b10 I have used in the past.

I know that Bradford place is not useable for double decker buses, but the 4M in particular needs double decker buses during peak times

1436 would sound different as 1431 to 1440 have ZF gearboxes in comparison to Voiths. Never been on one lacking power though.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Liberator9 on January 03, 2015, 05:05:34 PM

1436 would sound different as 1431 to 1440 have ZF gearboxes in comparison to Voiths. Never been on one lacking power though.
I remember hearing on this forum that 1436 was one of the best ZF's after it's accident. But I am still surprised how it got repaired when these buses get withdrawn after a small engine fire etc due to their age.

Tony

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on January 03, 2015, 06:23:51 PM

I remember hearing on this forum that 1436 was one of the best ZF's after it's accident. But I am still surprised how it got repaired when these buses get withdrawn after a small engine fire etc due to their age.

When was the last B10L to have an engine fire?

notepanel

There is no reason why any Bradford Place route, (with the exception of the 38 and consequently interworked services) can't be double deck. Boxing day proved this.

It is widely talked about WA seeming reluctant to use double decks on routes to there. Whether this is true or not (they have made appearances in the past) possibly for fear of drivers failing to follow the instructed route back to garage (via the ASDA) and striking the bridge on Bridgeman Street, or perhaps for fear of Bradford Street being closed by an incident which would make it very hard for double decks to serve Bradford Place, is unknown.

WA also used B7RLEs on the 311/313 for a couple of years which can't make it under the bridge, and it was not uncommon for the 337/333E or the 305 to see double deck vehicles make appearances.

From the 10th - 19th January Bridgeman Street is shut for roadworks - it will be interesting to see if any double decks or B7RLEs make their first appearances on the 38!

Ronnoc

Quote from: Tony on January 03, 2015, 06:45:27 PM
Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on January 03, 2015, 06:23:51 PM

When was the last B10L to have an engine fire?
No, I am just saying. Sorry to confuse anybody.

Tony

Quote from: notepanel on January 03, 2015, 06:52:11 PM

There is no reason why any Bradford Place route, (with the exception of the 38 and consequently interworked services) can't be double deck. Boxing day proved this.

It is widely talked about WA seeming reluctant to use double decks on routes to there. Whether this is true or not (they have made appearances in the past) possibly for fear of drivers failing to follow the instructed route back to garage (via the ASDA) and striking the bridge on Bridgeman Street, or perhaps for fear of Bradford Street being closed by an incident which would make it very hard for double decks to serve Bradford Place, is unknown.

WA also used B7RLEs on the 311/313 for a couple of years which can't make it under the bridge, and it was not uncommon for the 337/333E or the 305 to see double deck vehicles make appearances.

From the 10th - 19th January Bridgeman Street is shut for roadworks - it will be interesting to see if any double decks or B7RLEs make their first appearances on the 38!

The booking out sheets specifically state 'No double deck vehicles' against all Bradford Place Routes.

Eclipse will fit under the bridge, one was taken under when they were first delivered to check, but it was considered 'close' so an Eclipse going back that way should not damage the vehicle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk