News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Incredibly insensitive passengers

Started by andy, August 11, 2014, 08:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

I was genuinely shocked today by the attitude of so many passengers whose trains had been delayed or cancelled due to the fatality at Tile Hill.

It seems somebody's untimely death is no longer a reasonable enough matter to interrupt vital shopping trips and days out that can be had any time.

Such crass insensitivity and self obsession.

Rob H

Quote from: andy on August 11, 2014, 08:41:54 PM
I was genuinely shocked today by the attitude of so many passengers whose trains had been delayed or cancelled due to the fatality at Tile Hill.

It seems somebody's untimely death is no longer a reasonable enough matter to interrupt vital shopping trips and days out that can be had any time.

Couldn't have put it better myslef Andy Nobody else matters other than themselves
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Trident 4609

Totally agree Andy! Sadly there are alot of people in society who just care about themselves. You have the  "Me, Myself and I attitude"

Sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent but i heard a News Story about a lady who got on a bus with her disabled son,  there were two pensioners who were sat in the buggy zone and they straight away refused to move!

the trainbasher

And, not saying this was, but in the case of a suicide, not being crass, surely its just as insensitive for the person throwing themselves off a bridge or putting themselves infront of a train. They haven't thought about what the people who have to deal with the aftermath, people like the driver of the train who may never drive another train again, the police and ambulance staff, the NR staff etc, let alone any witnesses...

I remember watching the ITV documentary The Tube (as opposed to the BBC one) and there was one driver who had had a "one under" and it took them ages just to feel comfortable with going back on the track with someone else, let alone on their own.

By my reckoning, this last year there has been an roughly an average of 0.9 PHBTs and it's rising. It's no wonder the public get annoyed with all the delays all the time.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Nathan on August 11, 2014, 09:41:19 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 11, 2014, 09:18:58 PM
Everybody's a scumbag.

I wouldn't say 'Everybody'

Don't take it personal fella, its one of those passing comments of which no one replys to ;)

P.s. 'everybody' means the 'general public of a whole percrntage' - as in, 51% is rounded up to 100% sort of thing. I'm rambling but eh, everyones a scumbag
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Bob

I think its important to remember when someone commits suicide,  their not in their normal frame of mind,  and we don't know what has driven them to it. We dont know what theyve been through and shouldn't judge.  Its very sad.

Sh4318

This type of train delay, unfortunately, isn't rare. I've never heard anyone complaining when this delay occurs, it would be quite insensitive if someone were to.
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Quote from: andy on August 11, 2014, 08:41:54 PM

Hello and Welcome to the people of BRITAIN!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk