News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The lost mileage costs will be far higher, inconvenience to customers , poor service reputation etc etc
So your saying NXWM haven't got £30 to £40 per day off duty o/t to keep a bus on the road something very wrong then,  Several drivers went from WB to pennsnet for 2 months to help out each one got £40 a day extra pay.

Just got the new dutys for 82/87s peak vehicle requirements now 21 buses from October, currently 24  buses required in the peak.  Soho rd colleagues mentioning the same peak bus levels reduced, passengers number won't be reduced we,ll have more on fewer buses, good way of driving more drivers out the job.

4861 what a shed, drivers cab seat well and truely battered just horrible so uncomfortable, radio worked one way, cash shute did'nt work, init tablet was'nt calibrated either every thing on manual. clearly which ever garage it came from were.nt bothered.

4691 has gotta to be the worst Gemni i have ever driven. struggled to 25 mph, 1st and 2nd gear was painfully slow to get out of, drivers keep reporting it but engineers keep sending it out, it finally broke last night it would'nt stay in gear so well done West Bromwich engineers nice one missing bus folks with no bus nice one.

I think theres a mission at west brom to kill the volvos knowing soon coventry garages cast offs are coming 

Hello all, looking for some help i need detailed maps of bus routes to learn, i have tried TFWM website yes plenty of details there but having great problems with the sensitivity of the zoom in and zoom out function, i have tried various devices same issue any ideas would be appreciated.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2900 on November 04, 2022, 09:24:09 AMHello all, looking for some help i need detailed maps of bus routes to learn, i have tried TFWM website yes plenty of details there but having great problems with the sensitivity of the zoom in and zoom out function, i have tried various devices same issue any ideas would be appreciated.
The maps on the TfWM website are downloadable, so you can use whatever .pdf programme you wish to zoom in them. I would use them in conjunction with an actual map of the area for the roads that they don't name properly.

Other than that, both the TfWM website and Traveline give you the option to look at detailed timetables which list every stop. You could plot out the route that way, as the days where timetables used to list the route in it seem to have long gone.

When I was younger, I literally would just ride the route over and over to learn it. I can still remember the mid 90s 98 route from Sheldon to Hay Mills via [everywhere] through the sheer number of times I travelled on it.

Quote from: 2900 on November 04, 2022, 09:24:09 AMHello all, looking for some help i need detailed maps of bus routes to learn, i have tried TFWM website yes plenty of details there but having great problems with the sensitivity of the zoom in and zoom out function, i have tried various devices same issue any ideas would be appreciated.
Bus Times has a map for every NX service as well
https://bustimes.org/services/95-birmingham-city-centre-saltley-washwood-heath-w#map
Or NX website gives option to see the stops an a map.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Cheese

The Traveline South West site is still working and has the West Midlands data within in, so use the route map link and you should be able to put in any service and get the route, in both directions if different. Road names seem to show up pretty well in their mapping and you can zoom in and out.

http://nationaljourneyplanner.travelinesw.com/swe/XSLT_SELTT_REQUEST?itdLPxx_page=rop&language=en

One of the major issues WB  drivers highlighted to MD/DB was how dirty the cabs and saloons have got in the last several months, he was shown around buses in the garage that day and agreed not acceptable, MD DB said he would be chasing up Bidvest the cleaning contractors.
yesterday i had 6977 i got in the cab windscreen was spotless ,dashboard cab area had a good going over, saloon looked good too, the biggest thing for me the steering wheel wasn't grime'y, it really made a world of difference to me a clean cab after all its our work space. 

i have never understood why the smaller buses currently Enviro 200s got the full cleaning treatment regularly and the deckers not bothered with, is it cleaning staff being crafty etc, its been going on for years at WB, ONE would think the buses that bring in the revenue main corridor stalwarts would be cleaned more often.

Ginger66

Quote from: 2900 on March 27, 2023, 09:38:53 AMOne of the major issues WB  drivers highlighted to MD/DB was how dirty the cabs and saloons have got in the last several months, he was shown around buses in the garage that day and agreed not acceptable, MD DB said he would be chasing up Bidvest the cleaning contractors.
yesterday i had 6977 i got in the cab windscreen was spotless ,dashboard cab area had a good going over, saloon looked good too, the biggest thing for me the steering wheel wasn't grime'y, it really made a world of difference to me a clean cab after all its our work space.

COVID is still about so making sure the vehicle is clean is a good idea

dw1308

4875 is a shed, struggled to get up the Coventry road out of small heath up the hill. Had to rev the nuts off it to get it past 25mph was soo slow and the drivers seat was proper uncomfortable 

Quote from: dw1308 on March 30, 2023, 09:46:10 PM4875 is a shed, struggled to get up the Coventry road out of small heath up the hill. Had to rev the nuts off it to get it past 25mph was soo slow and the drivers seat was proper uncomfortable
i know that feeling Westbrom has a 4900 i forget which one but OMG its so annoying to drive won't do 30 mph totally gutless hopeless on hills, truely miserable  experience

4763/4773 both have very tired engines,  city rd/tower rd Tividale these really struggle up, ok on the level stuff, good cab chillers though rather be late and cool than baking hot and on time.
 I really cant understand how ADL got the hvac system so wrong on the Enviro 400mmc compared to its predecessor , THE SLOGAN, DESIGNED BY THE  INDUSTRY FOR THE INDUSTRY, Yeah right wot a joke marketing gimics more like

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: 2900 on September 11, 2023, 10:34:09 AM4763/4773 both have very tired engines,  city rd/tower rd Tividale these really struggle up, ok on the level stuff, good cab chillers though rather be late and cool than baking hot and on time.
 I really cant understand how ADL got the hvac system so wrong on the Enviro 400mmc compared to its predecessor , THE SLOGAN, DESIGNED BY THE  INDUSTRY FOR THE INDUSTRY, Yeah right wot a joke marketing gimics more like
4763 ?? That's been off rd for since march

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk