News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Former garages local agreements one for the old skool i would interested in any information regarding dudley, oldbury, hartshill, depots.
I know at dudley garage part of the local agreement was monday to friday work and sat/sunday was overtime,
Bloody awesome that.

4974 ADL ENVIRO 400 E40D
This 74 branded bus was on 87s a few weeks back i have to say it was a joy to drive this 4900 , it moved nearly as good as a well sorted 4700, very little rattling, suspension not bad either , brakes retarder all good so effortless to drive probably one of best i,ve driven .
Interior wise consdering its been on soho rd for 6 years plus you wouldnt know it if was,nt for the branding  i thought was in very good order. I dont think platinums would be treated any worse.

Well worth 9/10 bacause my duty just flew by

aSingh

WB 4270 - one of the best 42XX's I've driven.
- Light steering, reacts to very little steer.
- Amazingly agile
- Excellent acceleration and can hold its speed up hills
- Very good suspension
- Opens and closes doors at a good and safe speed
- Heater works well so nice and warm in cab
- windscreen wipers do not screech

Thoroughly enjoyed it while doing the 47, 49 at night.
Singh

The full horror of the city loop 82/87 came screaming back to me the other night.  it's tight through the works near broad st junction, snobs Athens stop not ready yet, the traffic that Alexnder theatre creates is bad bus lane open to everyone , Holloway circus yes what fun, next up the battle to get past coaches and taxis to new st station what joy that is, next moor st love how the 16s block you in nice one, the rest is ok.
Quite a few changes on my way round pavilions now a primark from what I can see , hotel latour some serious work going on, and more new apartments near the bus mall . Brum ever evolving

don

Quote from: 2900 on January 12, 2020, 11:26:34 AM
Former garages local agreements one for the old skool i would interested in any information regarding dudley, oldbury, hartshill, depots.
I know at dudley garage part of the local agreement was monday to friday work and sat/sunday was overtime,
Bloody awesome that.

Based on general Midland Red practice of the time prior to takeover I believe. Would have included Sutton Coldfield and Sheepcote St and Moseley Road - the offshoot of WMPTE called 'Metro' Division was the way these staff conditions were incorporated into WMPTE.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Quote from: don on January 29, 2020, 10:53:22 AM
Based on general Midland Red practice of the time prior to takeover I believe. Would have included Sutton Coldfield and Sheepcote St and Moseley Road - the offshoot of WMPTE called 'Metro' Division was the way these staff conditions were incorporated into WMPTE.
Time prior to takeover would that be traveling time

Hello all

I need some help with  information regarding Dudley bus garage/bus station from the 70s 80s 90s up to closure of the garage, services that ran from there etc websites, links would appreciated stuff I can print off to produce a history file etc  some sites won't let me print stuff off.

Greetings all been a while.

I have been turning up for work as usual no problem, with everything shut in Oldbury other than sainsburys , drivers through out the system now have basically no access to toilets or hand washing facilities, some will travel to garage by bus and get back when they can ,some drivers now travel around on buses in there break to pass the time, surely a driver shuttle should been have arranged but no it's sod the driver as usual.

Dudley rd is a joke huge numbers of none essential journeys being made by people just want to ride about, people are just walking on and off the busses as they please.
Rise in drunks and druggies too.
So I,m risking my health for bums and dossers  it really makes me furious.
In the last week I have picked up 4 NHS workers.

danny

U fortunately your going to get selfish people who are entitled and think the rules do not apply to them and these cockroaches will be the people who will pass this disease on... I have tj travel to work as it is in appropriate for me to work from home, so would like to take the opitunity to thank you @2900 a d all the other drivers for your hard work and commitment keeping people like me, NHS staff and other key workers able to do our jobs contributing to the running of this country 👏👏👏
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Quote from: danny on April 07, 2020, 08:28:06 PM
U fortunately your going to get selfish people who are entitled and think the rules do not apply to them and these cockroaches will be the people who will pass this disease on... I have tj travel to work as it is in appropriate for me to work from home, so would like to take the opitunity to thank you @2900 a d all the other drivers for your hard work and commitment keeping people like me, NHS staff and other key workers able to do our jobs contributing to the running of this country 👏👏👏
Thanks Danny, I don't turn up for national express West Midlands , I turn up for those who don't drive or have other means of transport ,there are many care homes on the 12/13 routes so there are staff who use the bus to get to work etc, I agree the genuine folks are grateful for those who turn up.

Management at west brom not happy with drivers leaving newspapers, empty wrappers, tissues in the cab, management will be checking cctv footage of drivers doing this and said drivers will be robustly dealt with. Really what's new every cab I ever get in there's always stuff lying around has been since I started . Mangement why not tackle the crap that's left by valuable dosser clientele, instead of hounding drivers that turn up in the current climate.

danny

Lol @2900 I've probably travelled with you and not known it the 12 is my regular bus route, and agreed would seem more appropriate to deal with the none essential passanger then giving off at employees, not good for moral.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Stu

Quote from: 2900 on April 08, 2020, 10:41:10 AM
Management at west brom not happy with drivers leaving newspapers, empty wrappers, tissues in the cab, management will be checking cctv footage of drivers doing this and said drivers will be robustly dealt with. Really what's new every cab I ever get in there's always stuff lying around has been since I started . Mangement why not tackle the crap that's left by valuable dosser clientele, instead of hounding drivers that turn up in the current climate.

To be fair, there isn't a great deal that NX can do with regards to passengers being filthy animals and leaving rubbish and litter everywhere.

But drivers should at least set a good example and take their own rubbish with them from the cab, if only for the benefit of their fellow drivers who take over after their shift ends.

That's my opinion anyway. But I wouldn't want anyone losing their job over this.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on April 08, 2020, 07:13:59 PM
To be fair, there isn't a great deal that NX can do with regards to passengers being filthy animals and leaving rubbish and litter everywhere.

But drivers should at least set a good example and take their own rubbish with them from the cab, if only for the benefit of their fellow drivers who take over after their shift ends.

That's my opinion anyway. But I wouldn't want anyone losing their job over this.

This is an industry problem; drivers leaving cabs in a mess.

At Diamond, I'd call the previous driver back and tell them to clean their mess. There's plenty of unhygienic drivers out there. Lots of drivers carry anti bacterial wipes with them and wipe down the entire cab area. By this point, passengers are usually complaining about delays, but what can we do?

This is before Corona times.

Quote from: MW on April 08, 2020, 09:55:48 PM
This is an industry problem; drivers leaving cabs in a mess.

At Diamond, I'd call the previous driver back and tell them to clean their mess. There's plenty of unhygienic drivers out there. Lots of drivers carry anti bacterial wipes with them and wipe down the entire cab area. By this point, passengers are usually complaining about delays, but what can we do?

This is before Corona times.
Yes I agree some are just messy, if it bothers me too much I,ll usually clean it on next available drop back. Currently not touching anything I don't have too , I,ll use a newspaper to shut Windows and walk through the bus  holding my hands together so I dont t touch the handrails .

What happened to the garage threads .

Just seen a NX letter saying bordsley green garage to close in  October due to high costs etc
No 8 to Perry Barr 17/55 to central

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk