News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

septmember re WCC subside cuts

Started by Cedric, July 01, 2014, 10:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/cms/bus/timetables.aspx  some of the new timetables  from 1/9/14 are listed on this site with more  still to be added.
diamond 8\10/125/292

Westy

Just took a look at the new 125 timetable.

Mainly reduced to 2 hourly between Stourbridge & Kidderminster.

The 2 journeys I used recently have changed,  no 1015 from Stourbridge & the 1330 from Bewdley only runs as far as Kidderminster.

the trainbasher

It means those with oap passes out of Norton and Stourbridge either have to pay until the 0930 border or wait until the 1115 off Stourbridge. At least my 1810 off work to Stourbridge is ok

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

111 Roughley

When I saw that Whittles were cancelling the 3, I must admit I thought that they were giving up. In fact Diamond will still have competition to Stourport because the 2A/2C becomes a Kidderminster-Stourport-Bewdley circular.
The timetables make interesting reading. The combined 141/145 (now145), which Diamond lost to WMSNT, becomes mainly hourly, and First's new 363/373 to Tewkesbury is also mainly hourly, though there had been rumours it would go two-hourly. This withdrawal of subsidy has some odd effects! 

Cedric

Quote from: 111 Roughley on August 06, 2014, 08:27:43 AM
When I saw that Whittles were cancelling the 3, I must admit I thought that they were giving up. In fact Diamond will still have competition to Stourport because the 2A/2C becomes a Kidderminster-Stourport-Bewdley circular.
The timetables make interesting reading. The combined 141/145 (now145), which Diamond lost to WMSNT, becomes mainly hourly, and First's new 363/373 to Tewkesbury is also mainly hourly, though there had been rumours it would go two-hourly. This withdrawal of subsidy has some odd effects!
the 2A/2C also becomes every half hour each   and also gives diamond compition on habberley  as the run through habberley instead of going up bewdley hill so I think  the buses trhat who have been spare from the 1/3 withdral will be used on this service as round trip will take 1 hour
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: bowler on August 07, 2014, 08:08:29 PM
a new link  on the website  http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/cms/buses-in-worcestershire/timetables.aspx worth a look

I see that the timetables for Droitwich town services have now been added and are operated by Diamond (i.e. 17, 18, 19A/C & 20). I assume those will be operated out of Kidderminster?

A couple of journey's on the 4A (KR) appear to be withdrawn from 1/9 as does the entire 5 (KR) route.

Still a lot of new timetables to be uploaded for Diamond's Redditch area services and a handful of existing KR & Droitwich services

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on August 07, 2014, 08:54:42 PM
Quote from: bowler on August 07, 2014, 08:08:29 PM
a new link  on the website  http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/cms/buses-in-worcestershire/timetables.aspx worth a look

I see that the timetables for Droitwich town services have now been added and are operated by Diamond (i.e. 17, 18, 19A/C & 20). I assume those will be operated out of Kidderminster?

A couple of journey's on the 4A (KR) appear to be withdrawn from 1/9 as does the entire 5 (KR) route.

Still a lot of new timetables to be uploaded for Diamond's Redditch area services and a handful of existing KR & Droitwich services
The current  4 4a and 5  are being replaced by a new 4a ??

diamond 8\10/125/292

B61 ANDREW

WCC have posted notices advising of forthcoming changes on the bus shelters at Bromsgrove bus station.  8)

Cedric

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on August 07, 2014, 11:27:57 PM
WCC have posted notices advising of forthcoming changes on the bus shelters at Bromsgrove bus station.  8)
do not know about Bromsgrove do not think so though as it is only a advance notice
diamond 8\10/125/292

111 Roughley

Although Diamond has lost a few services (141/145/60/61/356 etc), gaining the Droitwich services means that it's held its own on the subsidised front. The loss of competition to Areley Kings is positive for Diamond. Renumbering the 292 as 2L implies some integration. I'm fascinated by the interaction of subsidised and commercial services. Cutting back the one leads to some reorganisation of the other. At Redditch, the 143 will now be solely Redditch/Bromsgrove, not via Webheath. I wonder if it will get a frequency increase. Anyway, this will improve its timekeeping. The routing of the 55/56, which will probably be half-hourly each way via Webheath is interesting and I note that services going to the Hospital will have the suffix 'H' which implies that not all will go there.

tank90

Quote from: 111 Roughley on August 08, 2014, 10:27:19 AM
Although Diamond has lost a few services (141/145/60/61/356 etc), gaining the Droitwich services means that it's held its own on the subsidised front. The loss of competition to Areley Kings is positive for Diamond. Renumbering the 292 as 2L implies some integration. I'm fascinated by the interaction of subsidised and commercial services. Cutting back the one leads to some reorganisation of the other. At Redditch, the 143 will now be solely Redditch/Bromsgrove, not via Webheath. I wonder if it will get a frequency increase. Anyway, this will improve its timekeeping. The routing of the 55/56, which will probably be half-hourly each way via Webheath is interesting and I note that services going to the Hospital will have the suffix 'H' which implies that not all will go there.

Thats only beacuse of how badly Diamond have controlled the route 55/55A/56/56A. Putting dinky toy sized buses on at peak times doesnt help passengers at all. Buses runing very late or not all also not helpful and an inspector who crumbles under an elderly woman whos just missed her bus also cocks things up. The only way the "NEW" 55/56 will work is by full length E300's or the Volvo's or even better DDs due to the reduced frequency and longer route. As last time Diamond tried this route it was every 15 mins with Volvo's it's going to fall flat on it's face this time.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

111 Roughley

Quote from: tank90 on August 08, 2014, 11:11:22 AM
Quote from: 111 Roughley on August 08, 2014, 10:27:19 AM

Thats only beacuse of how badly Diamond have controlled the route 55/55A/56/56A. Putting dinky toy sized buses on at peak times doesnt help passengers at all. Buses runing very late or not all also not helpful and an inspector who crumbles under an elderly woman whos just missed her bus also cocks things up. The only way the "NEW" 55/56 will work is by full length E300's or the Volvo's or even better DDs due to the reduced frequency and longer route. As last time Diamond tried this route it was every 15 mins with Volvo's it's going to fall flat on it's face this time.
Well, the timetable's gone up on the County Council's website and it does look odd. It is two buses an hour each way, so it's a definite cut in service, with one an hour going via Webheath and the Hospital. I do think that any complexity like this puts off users. It's not easy to solve the Webheath problem, but this is probably not the right solution. There will be an hourly Sunday service though.

PM

I disagree actually.

It's not much more complicated really-there were already 4 variations and now there are still only 4-55/H/56/H. Provided full-size buses are put onto the route, I'm sure the later journeys and provision of a (very good level of) Sunday service will be popular!

tank90

Quote from: DiamondDart on August 08, 2014, 03:25:33 PM
I disagree actually.

It's not much more complicated really-there were already 4 variations and now there are still only 4-55/H/56/H. Provided full-size buses are put onto the route, I'm sure the later journeys and provision of a (very good level of) Sunday service will be popular!

It's more complex than it's ever been if i'm going to be honest with you. Looking at some of Diamonds new timings they are hoping for no parked cars and drivers driving at 40 mph in 30 zones. I can see on the 55H and 56H's that Mason Road and Swimburne Road are going to miss out on a bus if it's late running from either end.
Also the reduction in frequency will be a night mere too. And then Parents in september who relye on the quicker frequency in the morning will struggle to get to work on time. Its a mess, Diamond have NOT listern to what I had said to them yet again. the 55 and 56 needs to be every 20 because they are not going to put full length buses on the route they will be those silly 37 seaters and 29 seaters. This new 55/56 should have been every 15 not 30 it makes it harder to get around the town, it will be a sad day as Diamond promised to improve the buses in the town this is clearly not whats happening here on the western side of town.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk