News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Telford Garage

Started by Ashley, April 06, 2014, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PointerDart

Quote from: Pat on March 06, 2021, 10:41:30 PM
2146 (previously 11 branded) now painted into the new livery.

As much as I dislike the new Arriva livery, I must admit it does make the E200s look rather smart.

Just seen a pic - looks stunning and they've given it a re-trim by the looks of things. New livery really does suit Enviros

Bob

Quote from: Pat on March 06, 2021, 10:47:08 AM
3701 was never "disgusting."  It was a perfectly decent vehicle.

The interior???  And wasnt that the one that got scrapped?

Depotosw

Quote from: Pat on March 06, 2021, 10:47:08 AM
3701 was never "disgusting."  It was a perfectly decent vehicle.

Always found 3701-4 to be nice vehicles to travel on at both Telford an Cannock, even did a few of them on the Park & Ride in Leicester back in the day.

Pat

Quote from: Depotosw on March 07, 2021, 05:10:09 PM
Always found 3701-4 to be nice vehicles to travel on at both Telford an Cannock, even did a few of them on the Park & Ride in Leicester back in the day.
Yes, strange how a vehicle can go from being perfectly decent to disgusting when transferred to Cannock......

Rich-82

Quote from: Pat on March 06, 2021, 10:41:30 PM
2146 (previously 11 branded) now painted into the new livery.

As much as I dislike the new Arriva livery, I must admit it does make the E200s look rather smart.

2146 does look really smart now especially as it had starte to look very untidy and scruffy.

Rich-82

Optare Versa 2944 YJ61CFL & 2980 YJ09MKX are on Loan from Shrewsbury to cover the Additional School Services

Pat

Quote from: Rich-82 on March 08, 2021, 03:25:31 PM
Optare Versa 2944 YJ61CFL & 2980 YJ09MKX are on Loan from Shrewsbury to cover the Additional School Services
Are the Scanias still there?  Thought they were brought in to cover schools.

Rich-82

Quote from: Pat on March 08, 2021, 04:53:25 PM
Are the Scanias still there?  Thought they were brought in to cover schools.

They are withdrawn now but i think they are still in telford awitaing there fate

ntw456

Quote from: Pat on March 07, 2021, 06:25:06 PM
Yes, strange how a vehicle can go from being perfectly decent to disgusting when transferred to Cannock......

It was withdrawn before it ended up at cannock...

It was parked there to be used for spares on the rest of the commanders

IMarkeh

Interesting change at the end of August. Arriva has cancelled the 164 from Market Drayton to Hanley.
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/581561/

WilliamLeylandNational

Quote from: IMarkeh on July 23, 2021, 03:30:20 AM
Interesting change at the end of August. Arriva has cancelled the 164 from Market Drayton to Hanley.
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/581561/

It will be the 64 from Shrewsbury all the way to Hanley rather than changing to a 164

BusMan Greg

Quote from: WilliamLeylandNational on July 23, 2021, 02:47:24 PM
It will be the 64 from Shrewsbury all the way to Hanley rather than changing to a 164
I thought that was the reason why the 64 got split in the first place?

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on July 23, 2021, 03:18:04 PM
I thought that was the reason why the 64 got split in the first place?
If I'm understanding you correctly, the reason it is split is to do with regulations on route length, I.e passengers must be able to get off within 15 miles of where they got on 'as the crow flies'.  Still, I'm not sure why Arriva had different numbers for each section of the route.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Pat on July 23, 2021, 05:16:12 PM
If I'm understanding you correctly, the reason it is split is to do with regulations on route length, I.e passengers must be able to get off within 15 miles of where they got on 'as the crow flies'.  Still, I'm not sure why Arriva had different numbers for each section of the route.

I think it was to do with EU and UK driving hours and their interpretation. That's why the X18 in Coventry is a split registration

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

IMarkeh

Quote from: Pat on July 23, 2021, 05:16:12 PM
IT's not the 15 mile rule. It's the overall route length rule which states that to use domestic hours, the route length must not exceed 50km (31 miles). Anything longer must run on EU rules (or use the loophole of splitting the registration.

Quote from: WilliamLeylandNational on July 23, 2021, 02:47:24 PM
If that was the case, why not just change the route number on the registration?

Sorry, I have just realised, the 164/64 is Shrewsbury, not Telford. Mods, please feel free to move the posts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk