News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Telford Garage

Started by Ashley, April 06, 2014, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PointerDart

Quote from: Bob on July 31, 2018, 10:43:33 PM
Strange isnt it. I couldnt believe they got rid of wolves to telford route that theyd run forever!

Don't forget though, the reason why the 8 (formerly 891) was taken off was because of Banga. The Wolves link only came back because of Wednesfield closing and still having to run the 10s.

Bob

If theyre unable to compete with Banga........

PointerDart

Quote from: Bob on August 01, 2018, 06:20:55 AM
If theyre unable to compete with Banga........

Other thing is though, vast majority of the users on either service are pass-holders. And the OAP pass-holders tend to prefer independents, as I've seen when I stay in Stoke and you can see many older pass-holders preferring independents, such as Banga or, in Stoke's case, D&G. I believe a lot of it tends to be based on the service provided and the fact that it's more personable with it being independents (i.e. often same driver on same route, etc.) I could be wrong, mind.

PointerDart

2212 has re-appeared in Telford after another absence; seen on 15 this afternoon.

Busman Jamie

2210? I thought that was at Luton and 2212 was at Telford

PointerDart

Quote from: Busman Jamie on August 03, 2018, 07:21:36 PM
2210? I thought that was at Luton and 2212 was at Telford

Ah yes - thanks for pointing that out; got the numbers confused!

Busman Jamie

DJ

I've been told that 2737 is back at Telford, I'm not sure if it's transferred or just on loan though.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

PointerDart

Quote from: StourValley98 on September 13, 2018, 09:40:24 AM
I've been told that 2737 is back at Telford, I'm not sure if it's transferred or just on loan though.

I saw this the other day on the 13/19 circuit. To my knowledge it's never previously been at Telford as an allocation at any point.

DJ

Quote from: PointerDart on September 13, 2018, 11:45:32 AM
I saw this the other day on the 13/19 circuit. To my knowledge it's never previously been at Telford as an allocation at any point.

You might be right, I was sure I'd seen it at Telford previously but the main site says otherwise, so I must be mistaken.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

PointerDart

Quote from: StourValley98 on September 13, 2018, 12:00:36 PM
You might be right, I was sure I'd seen it at Telford previously but the main site says otherwise, so I must be mistaken.

I had to think for a minute or two if I'm honest; I was getting confused with former 2738 thinking that was 2737 for some reason

Depotosw

2738/9 X781/783 NWX were the pair of ex Selwyns Cadets at Telford for some years.

The out of sync fleetnumber is due to 2737 been ordered by Arriva Cymru for the joint 2/2A/2B/2C operation between Oswestry and Wrexham between Midlands, Oswestry garage and Cymru, Wrexham garage. Cymru ordered four and only needed three for the PVR share so it was moved brand new to Oswestry and numbered 2737 (Oswestry had Darts 2378/9 later new for their share). 2740-2 operated with Cymru as 2486-8 and moved a few years later over to Midlands when Oswestry took over all the 2/2A/2B/2C services.

Depotosw

Versa 2997 YJ57 EKE is now operating out of Shrewsbury and was on the 436 on Monday. I understand it has been there a while as the 19 (former 96) now produces a nice bit of variety.

PointerDart

Quote from: Depotosw on September 25, 2018, 08:31:09 PM
Versa 2997 YJ57 EKE is now operating out of Shrewsbury and was on the 436 on Monday. I understand it has been there a while as the 19 (former 96) now produces a nice bit of variety.

Yeah 13/19s operate Streetlites/Enviros/Cadets/Darts mostly.

Depotosw

The 19 has been dropping the odd Commander too! Today I saw Cadet 2748

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk