News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Redditch

Started by jc, June 06, 2014, 10:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMidlandsTrident

QuoteI also think the 247A to Alcester via Redditch on school days is open to public use, so its not completely unserved.
247A is one service a day on school days though, so keep in mind it is pretty inconvenient. It is open to the general public but from my experience the double deckers are usually full on the way back. (never been on the way there)
Warwickshire Trident Ranking.
1. MX05 WHR
2. SF55 TZS
3. KX55 TLY
4. PX04 DOJ
Local Routes: 28, 247
Fav Routes Further Away: 15, X19, 57/58, X18, X20

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: TheMidlandsTrident on February 09, 2024, 06:13:29 AM247A is one service a day on school days though, so keep in mind it is pretty inconvenient. It is open to the general public but from my experience the double deckers are usually full on the way back. (never been on the way there)
I missed out  'with these withdrawals leaving only the S45 and 247A'.  Good to know that there is a chance that another operator could take on the 182/183. Let the speculation begin !  :wink:

the trainbasher

QuoteYes, they're WCC tendered services. Most likely another operator has won the tenders off Diamond.
Or could it be that its to be replaced by Worcestershire on Demand?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Solo1

Kev's could run it as depot is near Bromsgrove less dead mileage

Stu

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 09, 2024, 03:40:06 PMOr could it be that its to be replaced by Worcestershire on Demand?
More likely I suspect.

Both 182 and 183 run one journey in each direction a day, WCC have probably decided it's not worth funding this service, preferring to throw money at DRT schemes instead.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Simon Dunn

Quote from: winston on February 08, 2024, 11:04:41 PMYes, they're WCC tendered services. Most likely another operator has won the tenders off Diamond.
The service is out for tender.  WCC are enhancing the service, it will be all day and start/ finish in Redditch and will serve a new development.  At PM Peak it requires two buses.

The service has been deregistered as whoever wins the tender - the new current timetable is completely different.

Simon

Stu

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 10, 2024, 06:17:30 AMThe service is out for tender.  WCC are enhancing the service, it will be all day and start/ finish in Redditch and will serve a new development.  At PM Peak it requires two buses.

The service has been deregistered as whoever wins the tender - the new current timetable is completely different.

Simon
Ah that's good to hear then, I take back what I previously said about WCC! :azn:
My locals:

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Solo1 on February 09, 2024, 04:52:20 PMKev's could run it as depot is near Bromsgrove less dead mileage
How about Royal Motorways ??  They now have an operating centre in Redditch and seem to be having a go at many various aspects of coaching.  :smiley:

MX05WHR-Enjoyer

Can you please tell whoever allocates buses that 247 7:50 to redditch shouldn't have single deckers. Both of the other vehicles on the route are double decker so why does the busiest working have single deckers.

It used to have double deckers and there would be standees so single deckers are just stupid. 

Thanks

winston

Quote from: MX05WHR-Enjoyer on March 05, 2024, 08:39:01 AMCan you please tell whoever allocates buses that 247 7:50 to redditch shouldn't have single deckers. Both of the other vehicles on the route are double decker so why does the busiest working have single deckers.

It used to have double deckers and there would be standees so single deckers are just stupid.

Thanks
Redditch currently has less double deckers, as 40837 went on loan to DBNW & hasn't returned, its gone to Burton instead. 

Wba_lad

Is 40844 broken does anyone know please?

Stu

My locals:

Wba_lad

Quote from: Stu on March 11, 2024, 06:56:26 PMWhy do you ask?

It hasent tracked on bus times, but I'm not assuming it's broken I'm just asking to see if anyone knows. 

Rachvince53

Changes to 182/183 start 15th April 2024 with journeys on this Mon-Fri service also serving Longbridge railway station and Barnt Green.

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Rachvince53 on April 09, 2024, 11:06:50 AMChanges to 182/183 start 15th April 2024 with journeys on this Mon-Fri service also serving Longbridge railway station and Barnt Green.

Mercedes mini 20988 seems to be allocated to this service ,so far .  :azn:   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk