News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

142 & 202 - Kidderminster transfer

Started by iamwilljh92, June 01, 2014, 10:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamwilljh92

Obviously @Simon Dunn has revealed that both these routes will start operating from Kidderminster on the 2nd June 2014 however will Kiddy passengrs be able to get on either of these routes and go to said locations or will 2 buses from Kiddy leave the depot and go straight to the start point  empty?

nitromatt1

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Diamond don't do services from Kidder to Stourbridge or Halesowen. They might send a 202 bus on an X3 to Bromsgrove to reduce dead mileage but even that I don't think would be very likely.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Well legally speaking they have to go to the starting points empty before they can pick up passengers as this is what will be specified on the VOSA registration!

I personally think the transfer is a huge downgrade for the 202 and will be interesting to see how it effects passenger numbers, albeit it doesn't really have a competing route running alongside it

nitromatt1

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on June 01, 2014, 10:27:19 PM
Well legally speaking they have to go to the starting points empty before they can pick up passengers as this is what will be specified on the VOSA registration!

I personally think the transfer is a huge downgrade for the 202 and will be interesting to see how it effects passenger numbers, albeit it doesn't really have a competing route running alongside it

There is the 007 also running Halesowen - Bromsgrove, but it goes a completely different route, so the only competition between these two routes would be for passengers travelling between termini

Solo1

re 007 /202 central buses only run 1 bus 6 trips on 007 where as Diamond run  every 30 mins on 202

nitromatt1

Quote from: Solo1 on June 01, 2014, 10:47:00 PM
re 007 /202 central buses only run 1 bus 6 trips on 007 where as Diamond run  every 30 mins on 202

Diamond's 202 is hourly, Central's 007 is every 90 mins

Solo1

sorry Matt thanks for that was thinking another service when I was sending this

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on June 01, 2014, 10:21:07 PMwill Kiddy passengrs be able to get on either of these routes and go to said locations or will 2 buses from Kiddy leave the depot and go straight to the start point  empty?

The buses will legally have to run empty to/from their start and finish points. No passengers allowed. You can of course catch the 125 to Stourbridge or 192 to Halesowen or the even better option of train to Stourbridge!

Tony

Quote from: Will on June 01, 2014, 10:21:07 PM
Obviously @Simon Dunn has revealed that both these routes will start operating from Kidderminster on the 2nd June 2014 however will Kiddy passengrs be able to get on either of these routes and go to said locations or will 2 buses from Kiddy leave the depot and go straight to the start point  empty?

I don't think it is a good idea @ Simon in posts like this, just leave him to answer questions in the topic he posts in without creating emails to him

fleetline6477

Dart T 418 MNH operating the 1325 202 from Halesowen still in original red / white Diamond livery.

iamwilljh92

Quote from: fleetline6477 on June 07, 2014, 06:46:45 PM
Dart T 418 MNH operating the 1325 202 from Halesowen still in original red / white Diamond livery.

Probably looked quite at home nope that's our [Kiddy's] lol xD

the trainbasher

@fleetline6477 @Will it did the 1725 short to Rubery. Driver had to ask the driver of 20657 for directions from Rubery!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk