News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond East Midlands (formerly Midland Classic)

Started by bahumbug, May 14, 2012, 08:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

Stevensons-liveried 55 was parked up at International today on rail replacement.

broma1k

Seen at the Burton depot today E400 SN11 BMU with fleet number 211 on loan for evaluation to replace some deckers.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: broma1k on September 13, 2018, 09:02:18 PM
Seen at the Burton depot today E400 SN11 BMU with fleet number 211 on loan for evaluation to replace some deckers.
Did you take a picture by any chance if so if you want could you give us the link please

Grinder

Possible replacement/loan for fire damaged 44 ?

Grinder

On 'Bus Lists On The Web' SN11BMU comes up as a Dennis Trident 2 with an Alexander ALX400 body and new to First Capital in 2011

John

Grinder

Sorry I have misunderstood the AD Tt in the description AD Tt SFD1DSBRGBGXB592. Error based on reading Tt as Trident as per LK51UZO    Ds Tt SFD339BR21GX21608

MW

Quote from: Grinder on September 14, 2018, 02:13:47 PM
Sorry I have misunderstood the AD Tt in the description AD Tt SFD1DSBRGBGXB592. Error based on reading Tt as Trident as per LK51UZO    Ds Tt SFD339BR21GX21608

I'm think the pre facelift Enviro 400s are AD Tridents and then the facelifts were named AD E40D. Facelifts were around 61 plate.

Solo1

1 74 & I think it was 3 metrocitys on rail replacement to Rugeley wonder who else was on today

Busman Jamie

Select, D&G and coastal liner

DJ

There was Coastal Liner SB200 YG52 EVY, Select Solo MX54 KYF, Midland Classic MetroCity's YJ66 AOY and YJ16 DXT, L94UB YN04 ANX, D&G MetroCity YJ65 EVP, E200 YX14 RZA, Versa YJ57 XWB, and I also think I saw a Midland Classic E200 go past me the other way, all on rail replacement today. Some were just going between Bescot Stadium and Tame Bridge Parkway, and the rest from Tame Bridge to Walsall, then all stations to Rugeley TV. I'm not sure why they weren't all starting from Walsall, as trains were running between Tame Bridge Parkway and Walsall today.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

According to a post on the train forum Midland Classic have won the 53.
53 Erdington to Smiths Wood - via Nechells, Saltley, Alum Rock, Bordesley Green, Heartlands Hospital, Stechford, Shard End, Buckland End and Castle Bromwich.
Therefore operating in areas of East Birmingham that they have never operated in before.
I wander what they'll use?
https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/west-midlands-bus-network-review-s.129378/page-3#post-3641661
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

fleetline6477

Just thinking aloud.... Possibility of setting up an outstation in a depot previously vacated or using space in another operators yard with spare capacity...

Operating tendered service 53 from the Perry Barr or Hockley area would work well and would fit with timetables for X11, JL1 and a central base for rail replacement work.

metrocity

Quote from: fleetline6477 on September 17, 2018, 10:38:27 PM
Just thinking aloud.... Possibility of setting up an outstation in a depot previously vacated or using space in another operators yard with spare capacity...

Operating tendered service 53 from the Perry Barr or Hockley area would work well and would fit with timetables for X11, JL1 and a central base for rail replacement work.
X11 / JL1 are only seasonal services though finishing early January

53 is being reduced to a 2 bus working from October

cris 99

it wouldnt surprise me at all if they dont use the central buses depot on perry barr as geoff cross still uses it for his private hires and there is plenty of room. Plus Mr Cross had a lot of dealings with Midland Classic and D&G
17//72/73/97/X12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk